Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

1cm - BANK!! :rofl:

9B4D3236-9F3B-4CE7-9823-1294839C38F7.thumb.gif.7fd3cb84733e725520d754c56fcfa553.gif

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
3 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Yes.... it’s quite demoralising, I fear it will only get worse before it gets better AJ. Sigh.... 

going to be a long 3 days of fruitless hopefulness for me. I have done this so many times almost making myself sick with tiredness just to catch a glimpse of some sleet. :rofl::blink2:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
Just now, karlos1983 said:

1cm - BANK!! :rofl:

9B4D3236-9F3B-4CE7-9823-1294839C38F7.thumb.gif.7fd3cb84733e725520d754c56fcfa553.gif

Doesn't this model always over estimate depths... :blink2:

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nights King said:

Doesn't this model always over estimate depths... :blink2:

Has Summer Sun hacked your account :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything apart from grey and mild!
13 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

i'm seeking sanctuary in here today....the mindless IMBYism and over analysis in the MAD thread of the north/south snowline movement of 35 inches per run is starting to do my swede in 

MAD thread might implode before the slider arrives at this rate! 

Lovely frosty morning out there, sunny, temp currently 0

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

On the bright side, still looking like a station record tomorrow. Pressure is 1019.24 hPa at the moment. This time tomorrow, perhaps in to the high 970's

Screenshot_20171209-100702.thumb.png.7c8a0f55c65c618e952e20e139b617b5.png

That is a massive drop in 24 hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Morning all, beautiful clear, cold and crispy here, shame it'll change tomorrow. Time to take the dogs out and enjoy before it turns grey and wet again.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

really hard frost here overnight, everythings white............I've taken a piccy and am tempted to change the time/date stamp to tomorrow and try and pass it off as a dusting of snow......where's me copy of photoshop?..lol

Posted
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

Luckily it is only Dec 9th and compared to the last few years we aren’t staring down the barrel of zonal garbage! We will have our time fellow south westerners!! We will have our time!!

my lowest temp of winter overnight of -1.5c

Nothing like a bit of rallying the troops ... -1.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I’ve decided I’m not venturing into the MAD thread today. I am very hungover and can do without that negativity in my life. 

• Like 2

Posted
29 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

i'm seeking sanctuary in here today....the mindless IMBYism and over analysis in the MAD thread of the north/south snowline movement of 35 inches per run is starting to do my swede in 

Hang on! What happened to you? Your de-moderator-ed?

Posted
11 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

really hard frost here overnight, everythings white............I've taken a piccy and am tempted to change the time/date stamp to tomorrow and try and pass it off as a dusting of snow......where's me copy of photoshop?..lol

This definately is the naughty thread!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
7 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Hang on! What happened to you? Your de-moderator-ed?

I quit last winter Beka, I couldn't cope with the deluge of fan mail from members

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

I quit last winter Beka, I couldn't cope with the deluge of fan mail from members

actually that's not totally correct.....it might have been the deluge of hate mail

oops, my posts in the MAD thread have disappeared....note to myself, must remember to stay strictly on topic, rather than making people laugh

Edited by ajpoolshark
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Similarly, I won't be going in the mod thread either this weekend. After yesterday's disappointment, I don't think I can take pleasure from watching the next one turn up.

Would rather now have a cold high with some low minima, like last year, to get the temps down ahead of any snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms and extreme weather

Hardest frost I've seen this Winter here in the Wallops this morning add in the couple of snow flurries on the drive to work yesterday and that's winter done around here I reckon :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 4 seasons please

Morning all, I am a long time lurker on here. Got to say this regional thread cheers me up no end after reading some of the dross in the MOD thread. We only need minor corrections for it to bring a lot of us in play. If a channel low can disappear southwards into France, so a Midlands low can disappear into our region!

Edited by noonoo418
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Looks like tomorrow's snow is too far north and Monday's potential is too far south.

Posted

Like others I'm staying well away from the MOD thread. I'm a bit disappointed that this cold spell could end up just being the few little flakes I saw yesterday afternoon. Still, lovely run through wick fields this morning, crisp, icy and frosty. More please.

as karlos says, our time will come. Probably during the next ice advance (although probably still "marginal" here).

Posted

Wasn't expecting to see that from the Met app! Was showing all rain last night Hope it doesn't change! Didn't see a single flake yesterday. 

Got down to -3oC last night. Coldest recorded so far. 

forecast.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

This app is never wrong this far out, it showed dry Thursday and Friday and was correct. What’s the betting it’s wrong now. Only just changed, was showing sleet for Monday but now

BFBB5213-297E-4CEE-9184-D00D7FE53CD6.thumb.png.7e5612cf5c370885e660597b564b839c.png

Posted

for what it's worth, the met office forecast for lyneham tomorrow is snow turning to rain turning back to snow lunchtime tomorrow for the rest of the day....we'll see

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, ajpoolshark said:

for what it's worth, the met office forecast for lyneham tomorrow is snow turning to rain turning back to snow lunchtime tomorrow for the rest of the day....we'll see

in fact, stuck 5 miles south of the M4, and right on the edge of marginality, it wouldn't suprise me tomorrow to have it raining in my back garden and snowing in my front garden...lol

• Like 1