Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

2nd day in a row with a high of 9.8°C. Looks like it'll be a bit higher for the next couple of days then hopefully nowhere near that for a while after that. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
5 hours ago, fromey said:

I’m just going to see what happens, we might be surprised, I remember we got a streamer off of the BRISTOL channel back in 09 left a few cms  ,wasn’t even forecast and that came on the back N/W winds 

archives-2009-12-21-0-0.png archives-2009-12-21-0-1.png

The day in question. Granted, however, cold air has been over the UK since the Weds/Thurs before.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Raaaaaahhhhhh M4 corridor again :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.
2 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Raaaaaahhhhhh M4 corridor again :wallbash:

They do it to taunt us I’m sure!! ?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've decided to change web site hosts - on a trial. Loved my old one, but they will not do one simple thing that I have requested, and it causes me problems when it comes to retrieving data to show on graphs and tables. I have no idea why they refuse, but i've just uploaded my entire site to another host, and i'm testing it out on their server. If all goes according to plan, i'll do a full switch-over. 

I'm expecting problems though!

• Like 1

Posted

Good luck! I wouldn’t know where to start @Mapantz

Posted

Had them worried for a while :rofl:

Posted

So glad you are in the MAD thread @karlos1983 you keep up the faith for the southern contingency ?

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

So glad you are in the MAD thread @karlos1983 you keep up the faith for the southern contingency ?

Oh I will! I’m an Arsenal fan so have the patience of a saint. ? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

How many more likes do you want from me today? @karlos1983 :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

By Wednesday evening and Thursday morning we should have the high res ppn charts starting to pick up on our 'snowmagedon' Friday :santa-emoji: :rofl: 

Then by Friday we shall see the detailed ppn charts for damp squib sunday...  :wallbash:

Posted

Wow!!! Now this northerly is a blink and miss it affair. God knows what follows. All a bit pants now :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
26 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

Wow!!! Now this northerly is a blink and miss it affair. God knows what follows. All a bit pants now :nonono:

But the slider is better placed...? 

It really is all over the place more runs needed... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Christ, there's some idiotic posts in the model thread overnight....Just goes to show that a little (and I mean little) knowledge is dangerous, all kinds of terminology and waffle being spouted which the vast majority of posters haven't got a scooby what they mean..........back to the weather, and for us lot, turning wet later on today and tomorrow, then chilly, then wet again sunday and monday

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)
8 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Oh I will! I’m an Arsenal fan so have the patience of a saint. ? 

Yes ,us saints have needed all the patience over the years ...... lol le god used to always be our saviour 

• Like 1

Posted
21 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Hope the snow shifts even further south so that we all get in on the action!

It makes me laugh every year they big up the snow chances and it ends up a load of rubbish.

Absoloutely spot on!!!! So much hype so many inaccurate charts I really don't know why companies bother releasing charts beyond 120 hrs 99%they are wrong.....

• Like 1

Posted

I am even more confused now. Seems excitement in the MAD thread but doom and gloom here? And as per usual, we spend days looking forward to Thursday and then two days before the event that gets pushed aside and we keep on chasing dreams a few more days ahead and so the cycle continues!

Basically we are never going to see snow again are we :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
2 minutes ago, khodds said:

I am even more confused now. Seems excitement in the MAD thread but doom and gloom here? And as per usual, we spend days looking forward to Thursday and then two days before the event that gets pushed aside and we keep on chasing dreams a few more days ahead and so the cycle continues!

Words not needed.  A simple chart will explain why;

890D6A76-DD01-4F40-9EAA-2F07C3338B28.jpeg.ae12d1379d4e0e059112d1ce97cbf8f8.thumb.jpeg.4cd452f47756391a8bb4e2efae689d7a.jpeg I

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, AWD said:

Words not needed.  A simple chart will explain why;

890D6A76-DD01-4F40-9EAA-2F07C3338B28.jpeg.ae12d1379d4e0e059112d1ce97cbf8f8.thumb.jpeg.4cd452f47756391a8bb4e2efae689d7a.jpeg I

?

Posted
1 minute ago, khodds said:

Don’t be confused, it’s simples really! Read a chart and say what you wish for in the MAD thread, because it’s the future and open to change. Whilst in here folks are far more realistic, understanding of local variants AND live in the SW of the UK, where savoring the ramps of snowmageddon have become rarer than hens teeth, because of climate change. Oh of course and some are Arsenal fans and they have learnt not to forecast or predict:oops:

never say never, just hardly ever....:80:

Posted
11 minutes ago, khodds said:

Spot on about the change 2-3 days before event. Abolish all the long range charts as they are useless . You can't predict Mother Nature weather lets face it. No computers are good enough . 

• Like 2

Posted
10 hours ago, Mapantz said:

It's already not going very well. Tech support are so thick.. I have repeated my problem to them nearly 15 times, and they still do not understand what the problem is..

I know many of you won't understand this, but my some of my website pages end it .htm ie index.htm 
I use PHP code within them, now you cannot run PHP within html files, so you need to add a special line of code in to a secret file which will make it work. I have done that, and it still doesn't load the PHP properly. I have explained this 15 times, and they still can't understand it.. every single web hosting I have ever used, I have used that procedure and it has worked.

Here.. lol

2017-12-05.thumb.png.45fc62560905243d2ee84b6b9ce5b44a.png

Why are you even trying to run php on a htm page? No wonder your not getting any help. Trying to force php on a htm page is very bad pratice and will affect your seo rankings. Just change the file type to .php and set links accordingly. Not many people code in htm. You can run normal html in php anyway. So why not just build a website in php file type then you'l never have a problem. Just change index.htm to index.php using note+ or other editor. Any links within the page that point to index.htm change to .php 

Edited by Rapodo