Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Rain. Humidity 96%rh. Temperature 13.7c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Thick fog began at around 6pm yesterday evening, but I see the Met Office issued a warning at around 3 or 4 in the morning - handy, that!

Very wet at the moment, currently 14.6mm of rain so far, and wind strength increasing.

Posted
5 hours ago, karlos1983 said:

Aperge tends to be pretty good at this range. Next couple runs should firm up on the detail. Either way shore road will be interesting Saturday morning. I’ll be heading down there at high tide. Think it’s around 10:30am ish

Thinking Alum Chine or Branksome Dene or even Durley Dene for me..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Filthy weather here too. Well and truly autumnal  :)

Posted
47 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Thick fog began at around 6pm yesterday evening, but I see the Met Office issued a warning at around 3 or 4 in the morning - handy, that!

Very wet at the moment, currently 14.6mm of rain so far, and wind strength increasing.

Yes twas real foggy coming back from Bomo, around the Wallisdown / Tower Park area very foggy, as I live just down from there it twas well foggy yesterday evening. So far today 4.9mm of rain but we do measure different time periods which does explain some of the differences.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Stronger gusts of wind now than during the sideswipe of Ophelia. I'm just shy of 20mm of rain now - nice top up for the pond.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Yup I’m up to just over 18mm now. Wasn’t expecting these totals today :cc_confused:

expecting the winds to pick up when that squall line (of types) passes over 

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted

Partial squally bit went over, nothing impressive re winds, but had a torrential downpour for 5 minutes. 90mm/hr rate, upto 22.2mm for today.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes not particularly windy. But tipped it down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Been out and about today so only just caught up on today’s forecast for weekend. So that low has decided to cross further south Saturday giving us a blustery early morn.. last I read in model discussion was thoughts it could go further north at first. Not so it seems. Fickle weather. Poor Ireland though.. hope there’s still some whisky n Guinness  stashed somewhere for all.. 

tonight’s drive back from Brighton was more blustery and wet than I anticipated.... and still there was plenty of high sided Artics driving at 70 mph plus on the M25.. never ceases to amaze me just how crazy some .. just some.. of them are 

• Like 1

Posted

Light grey here and breezy this morning.
Some heavy rain from 7pm to midnight yesterday that gave us 7.7mm
Rain lightened around midnight and been on and off giving 2.4mm and stopped about an hour ago.

Now, 12.7c, 13mph Westerly wind with some occasional 30 -35mph gusts, 1003.6 hPa

Posted
On 10/18/2017 at 12:52, karlos1983 said:

GFS seems fairly keen to take this system Further north with every run though, so I’m not convinced at the moment that we will take the brunt of this storm just yet. 

Karlos, any updated thoughts, it's currently looking less likely to overly windy down here, and inland is looking more of breeze than anything severe. The beach is questionable now...thoughts?

• Like 1

Posted

It got pretty rough for a time last night, gusting to mid-thirties, 10 min average of 19mph. 23.8mm of rain in total yesterday, a further 2.4mm overnight.
Nice to have the sun back for a bit, fresher too - washing out on the line.

Temp: 13.1°C - Hum: 73% - Dew: 8.3°C - Bar: 1008.57hPa - Wind: W @ 11mph.

Posted
27 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Karlos, any updated thoughts, it's currently looking less likely to overly windy down here, and inland is looking more of breeze than anything severe. The beach is questionable now...thoughts?

I thin k if it wasn't for the high tides I wouldn't be bothering. Which is why I'm heading to Shore road first. Kids laugh there head off when the waves crash over the wall onto the car window.

But still some pretty good gusts expected, 60mph gusts is still a good storm in my book. So Waves should still be large at the beaches. I'm definitely heading out and about tomorrow morning around 10am. Kestrel in hand (with gloves this time) 

tide.thumb.png.04217b4ef5b16d727e9d7dd62703771d.png

Wind gusts of 90-100 km/h expected at high tide, so 60mph at the very top end.

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
9 minutes ago, karlos1983 said:

I thin k if it wasn't for the high tides I wouldn't be bothering. Which is why I'm heading to Shore road first. Kids laugh there head off when the waves crash over the wall onto the car window.

But still some pretty good gusts expected, 60mph gusts is still a good storm in my book. So Waves should still be large at the beaches. I'm definitely heading out and about tomorrow morning around 10am. Kestrel in hand (with gloves this time) 

tide.thumb.png.04217b4ef5b16d727e9d7dd62703771d.png

Wind gusts of 90-100 km/h expected at high tide, so 60mph at the very top end.

Have you got a bird of prey as a extreme weather accomplice  

Posted
Just now, SteveB said:

Have you got a bird of prey as a extreme weather accomplice  

LOL Steve 

No, I spoilt myself and got a Kestrel 3000. Now i just look a proper prat standing in horizontal rain measuring wind speeds. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
25 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It got pretty rough for a time last night, gusting to mid-thirties, 10 min average of 19mph. 23.8mm of rain in total yesterday, a further 2.4mm overnight.
Nice to have the sun back for a bit, fresher too - washing out on the line.

Temp: 13.1°C - Hum: 73% - Dew: 8.3°C - Bar: 1008.57hPa - Wind: W @ 11mph.

Don't forget to bring your washing in by this evening otherwise I fear somebody in the isle of Wight could wake up to find your bloomers plastered to their window!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
1 hour ago, karlos1983 said:

LOL Steve 

No, I spoilt myself and got a Kestrel 3000. Now i just look a proper prat standing in horizontal rain measuring wind speeds. 

I had some cracking images in my head of you & a Kestrel storm chasing:rofl:

Posted

Probably best to stay off the water tomorrow and hide your boat in a safe place... :help:

landsend.thumb.png.bbd4cbf83c74a2d9ca8e58cf410efca1.pngselsey.thumb.png.506201b1d2fa99ad384d6888d3ccbbcc.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

A funny ol day weather wise .in the middle of the night it was very very blustery, dawn it was v grey , then brightened up considerably . Now grey and a breeze picking up . 

Looking forward to the weekend and the weather .