Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Panic over, sun is out properly and blue sky advancing from the west. Looks like a plume of smoke moving off to the east!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Brightening up now after an hour or so of half light. Wind increasing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Much brighter now and the red suns reappeared. Quite gusty now since the darkness has cleared. 

CCE732AD-2432-4CC5-A9F6-47B1FF258CE0.jpeg

Posted

Back to normal coloured sky and sun now and much brighter. 

Posted

As Mike stated earlier it has cleared right up this afternoon with a subtle change in wind direction.

Said wind is gusting at the strongest so far today and although still warm at 17.7c it's noticeably fresher than this morning.

Posted

Who else saw the weird sky at midday first the sun went orange and the sky had a yellowish tint it was strange. Also quite dark you could see a small glint of orange sun on tarmac. 

Edited by ThundersnowDays
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .
31 minutes ago, ThundersnowDays said:

Who else saw the weird sky at midday first the sun went orange and the sky had a yellowish tint it was strange. Also quite dark you could see a small glint of orange sun on tarmac. 

I did at 11.10 today . Very beautiful , eerie. Clear blue sky now oh so warm but breeze picking up . I haven't seen the charts mind you so who knows , probably all in my hot and bothered imagination lol 

Posted

It's funny the max temp for today will be around 20.5C at 0600z. I was outside struggling to identify the cloud and eventually settled on St although I wasn't happy as it didn't look right. With hindsight it was obviously dust and the cold front was through by the time it was light.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

The weird skies and stormy seas at the entrance to West Bay harbour about 10.00 this morning, gives an almost sepia appearance to the photo.   Much windier this afternoon taking the top off the warm temperature of 17.7°C

P1030261 (800x588).jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I must say that this morning was such a strange but amazing experience here in Cornwall. I left the house in Truro near 7.30am and was greeted to the warmest of winds. It really was like being in front of a hairdryer on a low function. It was about 20c and apparently some stations were near 22c in the early hours. Absurd temperatures (but most welcome!) for that time of the day and to be honest, warmer than a vast majority of day time maxes we get in Summer here!!! On my travels I was noticing how it was taking what seemed an age to lighten up. On my walk to work near Bodmin it was quite eerie as the clouds were low, moving fast and they had a greenish hue to them. The wind was starting to gust a fair bit too. It was quite dark throughout and it was so until about 9am when things started to brighten up. 

A particular memorable highlight this morning was the smell of the air which to me smelt like pine. It appears the smell was largely from the wildfires in Spain and Portugal. With everything else going on it was the most surreal but exciting experience. A truly tropical feeling spell of weather. All to brief as it has now cleared but a day I will remember for quite some time. 

All eyes on the weekend now which could bring even stronger winds for most in this part of the UK.

Take care all.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

It was indeed a most curious day. The warmth this morning was very surreal. as to that orange sky. Quite a day I feel but worse sadly for others.

hmm yes this weekend low.. popped my head around the model discussion thread and some interesting outputs for the weekend. One of the GPS outputs was extremely worrying. A fair time for things to change, but it has gone v quiet on the model thread? Probably busy trying to get ther heads around what just happened in Ireland and how Ophelia just barrelled on like she did..

ill be keeping a close eye though for sure.. 

Posted

I thought my eyes were deceiving me earlier but something of a repeat of yesterday, Mapantz confirms it, perhaps worse towards the South coast though.

Posted

Wouldn’t say it was dark here but it came over very dull for a while. Brighter now but just started to rain and feeling cooler. 13.3°C. 

Posted

Rain on its way up from the south is very nearly here.  Feeling considerably cooler after yesterday's warmth.

Posted

Turned out to be quite a pleasant morning but cloud has thickened from lunchtime onwards, presumably an indication of the warm front to the south nudging north. Now a layer of Ac. Signs of this can be sen on the 12z ascent

2017101712.03808.skewt_parc.thumb.gif.83ba825112bd210d29b24dd902a72790.gif

Posted

Felt really cool this afternoon once the rain arrived with the temperature hovering just above 11°C for most of the afternoon.