Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

A blustery day with occasional showers. 15.8°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Evening all, soon be time to come out of hibernation....Everyone had a good summer? It was a summer of two halves here, beautiful up until the kids broke up from school, then mediocre with intermittent grimness.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

That wind is brisk and we haven't even got to the windy bit yet....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

sadly it's remained overcast all day (stratoform)...tomorrow's forecast is much more promising for sunshine, I hope so as I'm desperate to squeeze one last bbq in!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cloudy for most of the day but brightened up later this afternoon. Just in time for a nice walk in the beach. 

ED2BA950-430E-4D5E-AC71-0F4B1D031CC7.jpeg

• Like 2

Posted

Very similar here with cloud persisting until sunset when it suddenly disappeared, therefore it's cooling off a little now with a heavy dew likely. I would love to have known how warm it could have got considering it reached 19c anyway.

Monday could truly be a very weird day with Southerly gales developing along with a lot of warm sunshine, wonder if it could be a record breaking fast drying washing day!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

A somewhat disappointing day given wind direction, air pressure and uppers etc. but still managed to touch 19C despite the cloud which, like at Andy's location, miraculously dispersed at sunset. Thus, it is cooler out there now than at any point last night.

Hopefully some more sunshine tomorrow and Monday. Could do with getting a grass cut in.

Posted
14 hours ago, matt111 said:

Cloudy for most of the day but brightened up later this afternoon. Just in time for a nice walk in the beach. 

ED2BA950-430E-4D5E-AC71-0F4B1D031CC7.jpeg

We were on that exact spot in the morning, but it was a different story. Cloudy there and cloudy here until sunset. It looks similar today, which is a shame.

Posted

hope your all batten down for your storm i lived trough our  great storm   at  the end we  had  no power for 2  and a half weeks!!  stay  safe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, tinybill said:

hope your all batten down for your storm i lived trough our  great storm   at  the end we  had  no power for 2  and a half weeks!!  stay  safe

I'm expecting nothing but a breezy day myself. The great storm was impressive I lived in south east when it struck and we lost an entire beech forest next to where I lived along with damage to every house in street and half our roof and 3 trees in our own garden down as well as greenhouse. Nothing has ever come close since.

This weekend is so dull nothing but damp and cloudy. :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Eaccording tothe met office ( and quite frankly I've been unimpressed thus far with accuracy ) wind speeds could be between 40-50 moh between the hours of 10am and 7 pm . But we will see . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow
13 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

Eaccording tothe met office ( and quite frankly I've been unimpressed thus far with accuracy ) wind speeds could be between 40-50 moh between the hours of 10am and 7 pm . But we will see . 

That sounds about right based on current model guidance.  Obviously the situation could change but as things stand, our region, with a few exceptions, looks to escape Ophelia.  For most of us, the next couple of days will be like a windy October day but nothing more.

A few exceptions like I said though.

Cornwall (including the Sicily Isles) and the west coastline of Devon should be alert to stronger, potentially damaging gusts of winds along with high waves & coastal flooding.  Newquay, Padstow, Ilfracombe etc.