Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well after a max gust of 34mph last night its now calmer though still breezy with 18mph gusts and sunny intervals.

Posted

Couple of trees down here,garden furniture scattered around my customers gardens,that aside a fairly wild night with only minor damage

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Some hefty downpours coming in from the Severn Estuary this evening. One just gone through and looks like plenty more to come after a largely sunny day since late morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Some hefty showers coming in! Missed them all day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
51 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

There must be some flash flooding issues in the Bristol region, very intense rainfall all evening according to the radar.

Been raining a fair bit in Weston, but nothing to intense. Recorded just over 15mm since about 7pm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Only 0.2mm here today, seems as though the rain further west keeps breaking up before reaching here as has been happening all day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Had a few sharp showers falling a minute  ago and bubbling cloud , but alas not much sun to feed them. 

Beautiful day though , lovely autumnal breezes and showers . 

I love autumn ! 

Posted

This would be a great wintry shower set up in November to April! 

Maxima have been stuck in the 17s the last 3 afternoons, this week last year there were a few minima above 18c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Quite a chilly one last night under clear skies and light winds, 06.9C the minimum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Since the showers started developing the temperatures dropped quite a bit, certainly feels cool. 14.1°C. 

Posted

A few rumbles of thunder not long ago from a shower that developed to the west and another light shower just passed over. Feels really cool now at 13.1°C. 

Posted

Was not expecting this today, pretty much on a par with last Saturday evening's storm with several close strikes but plenty of high based thunder too. 

Hope Ben from Mere is ready as it looks set to go that way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.
31 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Was not expecting this today, pretty much on a par with last Saturday evening's storm with several close strikes but plenty of high based thunder too. 

Hope Ben from Mere is ready as it looks set to go that way.

Yes had some here as well!

Was eating dinner with my parents and they said was that thunder? So I wen't to open the back door and that confirmed it.

I'm a bit annoyed that I wasn't outside earlier because if you say you had thunder and lightning then I would probably have seen it coming from the distance.

Posted

It was sunny earlier but cloud has come in now along with a northerly breeze.

Had a surprise visit from a load of hot air balloons this morning with a few very low and coming over the garden.

Must have been some event going on somewhere, my parents recorded some of them coming over. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

I've had a yellow warning out for rain in my region from 1300h to 0630 tomorrow morning . 

Probably very localised , but thundery showers causing chaos is in the region . 

As for today, beautiful cloud formations of various colours , shapes and sizes.

Warm enough to get a whole heap of washing sorted out and dried and enough warmth for the cat to enjoy the lounging around on the patio . 

And cooler later to make a cottage pie. 

I shall all report later if anything significant develops . 

Posted

Had about four rumbles of thunder here this evening with one intra-cloud lightning strike I saw in light to moderate showers.

Cloudy with clear intervals and possible future showers by the looks of it currently.

Posted

A couple of heavy showers this afternoon but a lot of sunshine in between. 14.2°C

Posted

This is looking a bit tasty to the North West...

20170916_182713.thumb.jpg.3b954a1572102d227503fb23fdd0e3e1.jpg

We were down in Fawley this afternoon, where there were a couple of rumbles around 3pm.