Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
1 hour ago, Azazel said:

Grimmest summer day I can remember for many years here

I was thinking it is without doubt the worst day this summer, not even a hint of brightness throughout and non stop rain varying from invizdriz to full on torrential downpour and everything in between! As if to make matters complete it is now blowing a gale!

I do wonder where this will end!? Better looking days keep downgrading to showery days as they approach, I expect the weekend to do likewise.

A remarkable turn around from what was a pretty good summer until the thundery night 2 weeks ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Talking of brightness, my highest solar reading today was 169W/m² - that's lower than an average cloudy day in Winter. 28.2mm of rain now. Winds havbe gusted above 30mph for much of the day. It looks even windier tomorrow, but at least they'll be some sunshine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Had to turn the light on in the bathroom at lunchtime it was that gloomy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very poor conditions yet again today. Jeez this is getting boring. Really need to see a rapid improvement this weekend as the further into August we go, the more things need to fall right to deliver a good spell of weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Drier today so far but windy and co so still not the sort of weather you'd expect at this tomemlf year. 18.1°C 

Posted

30mm was yesterday's final rain total. Very windy again today, gusting to 37mph, but it has been bright, with some sunny spells. Temp hit 19.9°C

Temp: 18.8°C - Hum: 80% - Dew: 15.3°C - Bar: 1009.28hPa - Wind: WSW @ 16mph.

Posted

I said last night that I expected the better weekend to downgrade to continue unsettled and sure enough tomorrow now has more showers forecast than looked likely 24 hours ago, Saturday seems likely to bring some heavy showers and even Sunday isn't likely to be dry! Then lo and behold the next LOW turns up into Monday!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just for a change, it's raining. Got woken up earlier by the gutters overflowing.

Posted

Crazy, intense rain outta nowhere. (near Watchet) I love the summer months. A packet of warm air just passed over, I reckon, lots of PE in a tiny packet. Heading east now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Very heavy rain shower , lightning showing on radar nearby . Warm and muggy feel to things . Sunshine and showers forecast . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Two rumbles of thunder and more rain . The sun though keeps popping out in between , I think that is what is feeding the thunder and showers . Interesting weather . 

Dont like the headache and feeling sick and unsympathetic that I get with it though . Very odd as to why it happens . Think I will consult Mr Google . 

Posted

Similar here - hot sunshine then heavy showers with downdraft wind and rumbles of thunder. Sunburnt and drenched in the same day if not careful!

Posted

No showers here yet although one passed close by not long ago. Feels much warmer then it has for a while when the sun comes out. 20.4°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Couple of heavy storms passed through Newbury. One at about midday ish. Big cracks of thunder and downpour but over and done with in ten mins. Another just recently. Again, loud short sharp quick. So much for tidying the garden today. Not a chance. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Plenty of heavy showers with warm sunshine in between, had thunder earlier but that passed to my west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Nice little thunderstorm an hour or so ago, plenty of thunder and a couple of nice visible lightning forks

• Like 1

Posted

Well, that was an insane few minutes! 2.8mm of rain in a couple of minutes, rain rate of 122.6mm/hr

Posted

A few sharp showers this morning otherwise stunning views of CBs to the W/S around lunchtime then to the N/E all afternoon, but it remained warm and mostly sunny pretty much all day.

Posted

Seems like all but a couple of the showers passed just to the north of here so ended up with a mostly dry day with 0.8mm from the showers. 

Posted

Dry and sunny today but with a cool feeling breeze meaning yet again it failed to reach 20°C. 

Posted

Today has been the first dry day for 12 days! Not sure when the next dry day will be!! Countryfile forecast suggests Thursday, my brain says the LOW will remain too close.

The complete opposite of earlier in the summer and spring when the wet days were the oddities.

A quirky stat ; my last 4 maxima have been 20.5c, 20.6c, 20.7c then 20.8c today!