Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Another atrocious rain forecast from BBC. Website said no rain here until 4pm, but it started raining here just after 11am. Cue another unforecasted soaking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Damp so far today with heavier rain just arriving. Disappointing temperature again, 16.2°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk
5 hours ago, The Enforcer said:

Another atrocious rain forecast from BBC. Website said no rain here until 4pm, but it started raining here just after 11am. Cue another unforecasted soaking.

I agree with the bad forecast, but other reasons. They painted it to be an absolute washout here, but all we've had is just a bit of light rain on and off this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Heavy rain starting again , has been grey but dry for most of the day . 

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I go away, out of the UK for ten days and come back to find that my very kind neighbour has had to empty my gauge twice to stop it overflowing!  I've got 62mm to this time from July 19th.  What's been going on....briefly...please?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Just noticed this month has just become the wettest month of the year so far. Not what you'd expect for July. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, Lyn-M said:

I go away, out of the UK for ten days and come back to find that my very kind neighbour has had to empty my gauge twice to stop it overflowing!  I've got 62mm to this time from July 19th.  What's been going on....briefly...please?

It's been quite wet lol. Thunderstorms on the 19th, a significant cold front on the 21st with embedded squall, showers on the 22nd and thunderstorms in places on the 23rd. A brief interlude then rain on and off since Wednesday.

Safe to say any risk of a dry summer overall is well and truly gone.

Posted

Very heavy rain over the last hour. 20.4mm since midnight. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Thunder just head here. Very heavy rain currently.

Heard a rumble here a couple of hours ago and I've had 22.8mm since midnight. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Heard a rumble here a couple of hours ago and I've had 22.8mm since midnight. 

Wow that's quite a downpour! Had 5.02mm since midnight here. Rain back to heavy drizzle now.

Posted

Miserable showery afternoon and evening yesterday with 9.2mm of rain and a further 5.2mm since midnight.

Dry now with blue skies and some patchy light cloud.
14.5c,WNW 4-8mph and 12-15mph gusts, 1005.3 hpa

Posted

Thanks, MP-R, that explains the dates that she said when the gauge was filling fast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Heavy rain this morning, thought it was supposed to stay dry until mid day. Hope this doesn't spoil the chance of thunderstorms later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Torrential downpour moving through here. Dead calm though.

Posted

Hammering down here , and thought I'd heard a long rumble of thunder too. Heat and cloud has been building all day . Lively looking showers in Plymouth on the radar 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Typical, not only have we not had any thunderstorms, we've not even had any rain for the whole time the Met Office had lightning symbols for my location:fool:

Posted

Met office weather warning for torrential rain from Cornwall to mid Somerset . Rumbles of thunder around too . 

Posted
1 hour ago, SteveB said:

Typical, not only have we not had any thunderstorms, we've not even had any rain for the whole time the Met Office had lightning symbols for my location:fool:

They sprinkle them round like they do snowflakes...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It has been dry and very pleasant all day, good sunny spells. A rogue shower just cropped up, adding 1.4mm to today's total. Including yesterday's light rain, last nights torrential downpour, and today's shower, a total of 15.8mm has fallen, bringing the monthly total to 93.2mm.

Posted

Is Summer fizzling out? Certainly no sizzle in the forecast.

After a pretty decent May, June and 1st half of July we seemed to have hit a dose of early Autumnal weather.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It has been dry and very pleasant all day, good sunny spells. A rogue shower just cropped up, adding 1.4mm to today's total. Including yesterday's light rain, last nights torrential downpour, and today's shower, a total of 15.8mm has fallen, bringing the monthly total to 93.2mm.

I think we caught more of that last shower as it passed over it became quite active (as radar suggests) giving us 4.4mm in the last hour..

Posted

A 90% fine day with plenty of sunshine while the apparently named 'brown willy effect' streamer has been passing a few miles to the North throughout the afternoon and ongoing now. We did catch a half hour downpour from a broader part of the streamer which deposited 6mm a few hours ago and similar could happen soon.