Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in
45 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Chasing you @ 28.3°C

Tagging behind at 24.7°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

30.6c here.....unofficial station though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

Still 25 degrees... I feel a bad night sleep coming 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Think we had 27 degrees around 930.. argh no sleep tonight indeed. Think we hit around 31. Now I like the warmt and sunny days but had to stay inside today. Just couldn't face it. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still 21.0°C now, easily warm enough to be sat outside. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Just realised we brushed 30C here this afternoon. It seemed to hover in the high 29s for ages and must have snuck above when I was busy doing something else. 30.2C the high today and a beautiful evening to follow.

Posted

I'd say today has the potential to be the hottest day since 1st July 2015. We had 33.1c in July last year but it is already 24.2c before 09.00 with 7 odd hours until the hottest part of the day.

Posted
5 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

I'd say today has the potential to be the hottest day since 1st July 2015. We had 33.1c in July last year but it is already 24.2c before 09.00 with 7 odd hours until the hottest part of the day.

Agreed - Heathrow was already at 25C at 0800 and widely the temperatures are 23C and above at 0800.

I reckon somewhere in our region will break the 90F mark.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

28°C at 11am here. While that doesn't seem that impressive as a whole, it is for this location, being so close to the coast. We're being protected from sea breezes during this spell of weather. I wonder if I can break my 30.5°C record from last year?!

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

How hot did you get on 1st July 2015, Andy? It was rather unimpressive here with a lot of high cloud around.

Indeed we got 33C here too last year on July 19th but with a blowier southeast wind.

Posted

We've already topped 28C here in Reading and reached close to 31 yesterday, so 32 looks quite likely. On 1 July 2015 we were at 31 by 11am and eventually reached 34.1 - would no doubt have hit 35+ if high cloud hadn't rolled in late morning that day.

Posted

Got up to 28.1°C not long ago but the sea breeze has picked up now so the temperatures dropped to 25.9°C. 

Posted

28.6 C here so could easily top yesterday's 29.1! I can bear the daytime heat if only the nights were cooler. Still I can't complain. My daughter sent me a picture of her car dashboard yesterday and the temperature was 48C !!!!!:sorry: Now that's hot. Still if you go and live in a desert what do you expect?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

31.1C here currently....scorching!

Posted

Nigh on 30C again but a bit of hazy high cloud has developed so the temperature has plateaued. Sun also feeling weaker than yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

29.8°C on the Davis. 29.7°C on the Netatmo.

Screenshot_2017-06-19-14-20-11.thumb.png.260920eda3865dcffa2c67f7c4f0de07.png

30°C reached on the Davis.  beach.gif

Edited by Mapantz
30C reached.

Posted
51 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

29.8°C on the Davis. 29.7°C on the Netatmo.

Screenshot_2017-06-19-14-20-11.thumb.png.260920eda3865dcffa2c67f7c4f0de07.png

30°C reached on the Davis.  beach.gif

Suggest you throw the Davis out (just let me know when so I can drop by before the dustmen)...it must be faulty...as we have chased you all the way, and peaked @29.2°C at: 12:45..

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Snow/Hail & Strong Winds

Got to 30.1 so far according to my Netatmo Weather Station

Posted

Still hovering around 26°C here although it feels a fair bit warmer than that. Just been for a walk and when out of the breeze it really felt hot. Also noticed how dry the grass is turning already. 

Posted

Hit 30 here now. Humidity is less than yesterday so not feeling too uncomfortable.  That said not looking forward to going to the (non air conditioned) gym later :nonono: