Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

Turning in to a cracking storm !  Decent thunder , can't see the lightning . Rain returning . 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Thought that shower near Poole was looking decent and was heading towards me but it seems to be dying already. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Saying that it looks like it's intensified again and back built so could still end up being a decent shower at least.  

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Looks like something nasty heading this way right now.  It's between Crewkerne and Yeovil at the moment and looks to have our name in it!

ETA....just heard first rumble of thunder and see lightning shown to west.

Edited by Lyn-M
  • Like 2

Posted

Still looking blackout the back and the sun shining intensely to the side .... can't decide whether it will pour down or fade . My headache has intensified .. not that it is a reliable  indicator . 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Looks like something nasty heading this way right now.  It's between Crewkerne and Yeovil at the moment and looks to have our name in it!

ETA....just heard first rumble of thunder and see lightning shown to west.

I was just watching that build on the radar. Took it about 10 minutes. 

Posted

Raining heavily now and with lots of thunder, not actually seen the lightning yet, but will keep watch!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

It was looking interesting for here to begin with. It now looks to be staying North of here for the foreseeable.

Posted

Shame I'm not living where I used to as it looks like ones stated near Winchester. 

Posted

If I have read the radar correctly then  maybe more heavy showers are on the way. The sky would seem to suggest that, but then who knows . 

Dark grey sky, clouds towering but the sun still peeking through feeding the intensity of the humidity. ...

Posted

Sky looks fantastic S/SE/SW of here while overhead it's beautiful and me and the boy are playing outside. Just had our first grass eating occurrence lol.

• Like 3

Posted

Rain's stopped, can still hear the thunder, but the cell is to the north of me now and continuing to move east....slowly!

Posted
4 minutes ago, Ciderwithrosie said:

If I have read the radar correctly then  maybe more heavy showers are on the way. The sky would seem to suggest that, but then who knows . 

Dark grey sky, clouds towering but the sun still peeking through feeding the intensity of the humidity. ...

Looks like you could if that small one quite a way to the west of you keeps growing. Looks like you've already had a few decent ones. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Andy Bown said:

Sky looks fantastic S/SE/SW of here while overhead it's beautiful and me and the boy are playing outside. Just had our first grass eating occurrence lol.

Similar here although to the north. Blue sky overhead as has been all day so far. 

Posted
40 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

It was looking interesting for here to begin with. It now looks to be staying North of here for the foreseeable.

So you're in the dead zone too. Even the only shower in this area has almost died.  :nonono:

Edited by matt111

Posted
2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Looks like you could if that small one quite a way to the west of you keeps growing. Looks like you've already had a few decent ones. 

2 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Sky darkening now , so who knows . Everything still and quiet .... 

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Lyn-M said:

Rain's stopped, can still hear the thunder, but the cell is to the north of me now and continuing to move east....slowly!

You're due west of us Lyn. This is looking your way now.

IMGP1134_sm.thumb.jpg.87c0d5893acaf8984bfdad63a01ad51f.jpg

It'll fizzle out to just rain before it gets here, but it's nice to see from a distance.

Posted

Faint rumbles and bucketing down now (again) . But no complaints here . 

• Like 1

Posted

Just been down to the brewery at Downton for a weekend take out and everything is soaked down there. Not a drop so far here, a mile and a bit North.

The energy seems to be shifting south now. Due west isn't looking as threatening, but this is to the South West.

IMGP1135_sm.thumb.jpg.a6847b680bce01c8a7238f474ce4189a.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

Absolutely torrential here again ..... happy days .

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, jtay said:

Just been down to the brewery at Downton for a weekend take out and everything is soaked down there. Not a drop so far here, a mile and a bit North.

The energy seems to be shifting south now. Due west isn't looking as threatening, but this is to the South West.

IMGP1135_sm.thumb.jpg.a6847b680bce01c8a7238f474ce4189a.jpg

No rain here yet as well

Posted
1 minute ago, ThundersnowDays said:

No rain here yet as well

I think Somerset has bagged it ! No thunder, but boy oh boy the heavens have opened and showing little sign of easing . 

I feel quite greedy  when others could do with a lot more . 

Posted

Looks like Cranborne will be getting damp from this lot, while we're in the sunshine.

IMGP1140_sm.thumb.jpg.8906ef136f00f349cc2042c3beebf59c.jpg

Posted

Cracking cell passed over earlier this afternoon, decent rumble of thunder and some good rainfall @ 1.8mm/min dropping a pleasant 6.2 mm (0.24 in.) at 14:18.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Dorsetbred said:

Cracking cell passed over earlier this afternoon, decent rumble of thunder and some good rainfall @ 1.8mm/min dropping a pleasant 6.2 mm (0.24 in.) at 14:18.

That would be the one that died before getting anywhere near here earlier. :wallbash: