Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Cooler than yesterday but stil feels quite warm when the sun comes out. 15.6°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm summers,gales, thunder lightning frosty mornings .

I think It was a respectable day all round . It's 14 C now . Beautiful evening , going to be a lovely sunset ! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Ended up being a better afternoon than it looked like being after a cloudy start. Warm in the sun when out of the breeze with a high of 16.7°C. Currently 14.5°C.

Edited by matt111

Posted

Another cracking morning. Clear sky with mist, temp 9C and a north easterly zephyr. apart from Saturday this has been a glorious few days

Posted

Despite being cloudy yesterday, the temp of 16c to 17.9c made it pleasant.
Wind was only 3-6mph starting in the morning Northerly and Southerly for the afternoon.
Down to 10.9c at midnight and 6.6c at 6am

Now, 8c, NE 10-12mph wind with some 18mph gusts, 1026.1 hPa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Few clouds, 14.1c in sunshine. Shame about the breeze...

Posted

Blue skies and warm sunshine but a cool breeze which is spoiling a nice day. 14.3°C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Blue skies and warm too.

Temp: 15.8°C - Hum: 50% - Dew: 5.4°C - Bar: 1026.79hPa - Wind: NNW ~ NNE @ 8mph.

Posted

Like 2 different days in one afternoon here. The first part was sunny and quite warm then around 3:30 it clouded over and now it's cloudy and quite cold with the breeze. 13.0°C. 

Posted
2 hours ago, Andy Bown said:

Ian Fergusson said on Points West of thunderstorms moving up from France on Friday!

fly2xsHdQA.thumb.gif.699a6d308449c477d519ac657b0dcc90.gif

connie_hooked.gif

Posted

A chance of actual weather? :yahoo:

Posted

Sunny start, then clouded over. It's now sunny again, and feels like 18°C 

Temp: 13.7°C - Hum: 56% - Dew: 5°C - Bar: 1021.23hPa - Wind: NE @ 3mph.

Posted

Not bad out there now it's sunny and with less of a breeze than yesterday it feels warmer.  13.4°C. 

Posted

Up to 16.1°C now.

I've been knocking out some old joints between some paving, and re-cementing them. Sweating a lot!

Posted

Only 12.2°C here now but feels much warmer than that in the sun. Is a bit cold in the shade though. 

Posted

Can anybody tell me why my garden has been home to 10s of starlings? We have been plagued all day, in every tree and shrub, we have starlings flying in & out all day...

That warm plume looked initially more to the south east where the moisture seemed to reside. Is the suggestion it's moved more to our area?

Posted
3 hours ago, Dorsetbred said:

Can anybody tell me why my garden has been home to 10s of starlings? We have been plagued all day, in every tree and shrub, we have starlings flying in & out all day...

That warm plume looked initially more to the south east where the moisture seemed to reside. Is the suggestion it's moved more to our area?

I expect adults have been nesting nearby, their young have flown the various nests and decided that your garden is the place to be! They are really amusing.

Posted
On 05/05/2017 at 20:13, Andy Bown said:

I have a question for people like Evening Thunder who reported a lot of rain last Sunday/Monday ; how is the ground looking in your area? Does it show signs of how dry it has been except for that 2 day period?

I ask because in this area and not just my back yard there was hardly any rain on those 2 days and it's been bone dry for 4 days since, not even a hint of morning dew to dampen the grass! Therefore everything is bone dry and cracking up.

What constitutes drought conditions? There has been only 13.5mm since 23rd March! That's 44 days and, after what looked being a rare potentially damp day, tomorrow will also be dry and it will be so at least until next Wednesday. By then we will be up to 50 days with just those 13.5mm!

We have paid for dry Spring situations like this previously with very wet summers, however equally there must be every chance of it remaining dry. I have heard/seen it written/said that such dry ground conditions can aid heatwaves so there is potential for real heat.

As an aside, what an odd day today, howling Easterly gale and lots of (eventually warm) sunshine.

A bit late but only just seen this. Not examined the ground in detail but the surface is getting a bit dry in places like you'd expect after 9 days, though I think it's still damp enough undearneath.
Before the rain it was pretty dry and dusty and I think there was a bit of yellowing of grass in places though our lawn didn't turn yellow/brown like it has in some summers, probably in part because we had 10.8mm from showers on the 1st April.
The rain seemed to soak in well and turn things nicely damp rather than creating much mud, though there were a few surface water issues on roads.

As for weather, yesterday was nice with a 17.4C max before a late sea breeze, today was cloudy until about lunch time, with a sunny afternoon and a max of 14.3C.

Currently quite a chilly 2.5C.

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted

Another pleasant morning with a fair bit of interesting Ci. pretty well indicated on the midnight sounding at around 30,000 feet. Some St away just to the SE. Temp 7C and an easterly breeze.

2017051000.03808.skewt_parc.thumb.gif.ee63d82d2f16666b1e739d98197192e7.gif

Posted

Warm and sunny again today, feels a bit warmer than yesterday. 15.2°C.