Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

The showers seem to have lost a bit of momentum in the last few hours so no more than the odd wee flurry has erm flurried since dusk.  Although I see the Knicker-sniffer claiming showers to continue into the morning. We'll see. :unsure2: 

Ms HC due home soon so off out to ambush her now :air_kiss:

• Haha 4
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good road trip up to Fort William. Snow from Crianlarich northwards until you reached the coastal plain.

Right just for fun here are some personalised snowfall predictions - these are for accumulation by the end of Wednesday and do NOT include Wed night/Thursday's potential storm.  @aggy 5cm  @M

An insight in to a snow lover texting their partner when away from home "Snowed overnight.." Me "Cool, how much??" "Not sure.." Me " send a picture of the bins" "Why the f##k

Posted Images

Still chucking it down here, I must say that this is so far number 3 in my top snow events. end of March 2013 I was 300m asl in the peak district and we took one heck of a pasting, still had 6ft high snow drifts at the end of April so that is number 1, number 2 was Feb 1991 I was living in Essex at the time and it was my birthday week wow oh wow what a week.

3 hours ago, Blitzen said:

I hate northerlies they are so bloody boring for this area!   Snowshield intact as usual.

Total snoozefest down here too. We've had 0.4mm of precipitation in the whole of December. It isn't even bothering to weather down here let alone snow. This is the third drier than average month in a row. Something's got to give at some point.

• Sad 1

Morning !  Another dusting in Balmedie.   I’ve come to the conclusion that the only science involved in meterology is the law of the sod !!  6 years I’ve had 4x4s , never saw a flake..  the year I get a wee golf....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nice crisp morning! Sorry I looked at the latest GFS this morning as any snow potential through the central belt on Wed/Thurs looks to be a high ground event. Only one model though and plenty of time to change :)

Edit: Met Office already forecasting 'hill snow' and 'turning milder'! :nonono:

Edited by 101_North

Morning all,

A few clouds around and a nice pink sunrise. Fluctuating temperatures through the night (0 to +2c Dundee, -2 to +2c Leuchars) so not particularly cold, will be colder tonight I think.

• Like 1

Still hee haw here......knife edge for next week....could yet remain cold and I don't think we will really be clear on the picture for later next week till we see the second low pass through on Monday.......it's gonna be tough watching the news tomorrow night seeing reporters standing outside gritter depots talking about traffic chaos :angry:

Red sky here this morning though......a straw clutching glimmer of hope maybe

• Like 4

Really looking into the possibility of moving up North - It has become a real wasteland for me to get any snow here!

Seeing all the pictures in here and the webcams from Tyndrum northwards is making me extremely jealous - happy for folk who have snow but still pretty raging about it. ???

Going to be even worse tomorrow when 20cms of snow gets dumped in a big part of England. (This front was five days ago showing as coming through Central/Southern Scotland to make matters worse)

Yes it’s dry, sunny and frosty and will be until Wednesday (before heavy rain arrives/snow over 300 meters I would imagine) but it is very boring especially as a large area of the UK and Ireland has seen snow over the past couple of days and again tomorrow.

Enjoy the snow and have a good weekend. ⛄️⛄️⛄️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, edo said:

Still hee haw here......knife edge for next week....could yet remain cold and I don't think we will really be clear on the picture for later next week till we see the second low pass through on Monday.......it's gonna be tough watching the news tomorrow night seeing reporters standing outside gritter depots talking about traffic chaos :angry:

Red sky here this morning though......a straw clutching glimmer of hope maybe

At one point Storm Caroline was due to bring us huge blizzards as the centre of the low passed south of us. It passed off the north coast. At one point the snow due to hit Wales and the Midlands was due to hit us, in fact it was so far north I was supposed to get rain off it. If the midweek lows head south we're sorted. Us centralers and southerners are better with a more mobile pattern or an easterly. No chance of an easterly at the moment so these lows from the west are our only chance and it's a game I am quite happy to play, for now :)

Edited by CatchMyDrift
  • Like 6
17 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Ignore this box Catch lol I cant get rid of it. I was just trying to say I'd probly get more snow if I lived in bloody Florida. I AM NOT HAPPY.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sun came out for about an hour but back into blizzard conditions again. its bloody Baltic out today and that wind is just not letting up. what a stunning start to winter, may long it continue..:cold:

Gorgeous crisp, cold, blue sky day here. Bowed to pressure and put the Xmas tree up. Now for three weeks of stopping the cats from trashing it. 

Not a flake of snow to be seen but happy for those of you who got to go sledging today. 

Had a wander into the model forum. Don't understand a word of it but did notice a lot of the charts posted were missing Scotland. 

I'll be really grumpy if they get snow in Cornwall. Will be throwing more than toys if all my cornish friends and relatives get snow before me. :doh:

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

Seeing all the pictures in here and the webcams from Tyndrum northwards is making me extremely jealous - happy for folk who have snow but still pretty raging about it. ???

Yes, Mr Frost. I travelled through Glencoe, Rannoch Moor and Tyndrum this morning. The views were stunning with bright sunshine reflecting off the snow and glassy lochans.

• Like 3