Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Has everybody died? Or are you all gardening lol

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, mardatha said:

LOL mardatha,. They're all digesting the (english) manifestos.  :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted

O god :crazy: The husband is going to get banned from watching TV if he doesn't keep himself under control  - the very sight of Ruth Davidson starts him yelling. With me, it's Kezia Whoosis - her voice makes me want to throw things. I think we need to go on a cruise until its all over!

Posted

Not gardening but mucking out 350 tonnes of dung from the cows winter quarters.Carting away from a modern telescopic loader is a flat out job. Very sleepy tonight after ammonia overdose.

Weather was fine in morning but a few hefty showers late pm with a particulary heavy one just east of Forres which gave half inch of rain in 20 minutes with flash flooding on the A96.Some thunder too.Rain very welcome on farm and in garden. Its certainly warmer than last year with runner beans emerging fast in cold frame and strawberries in full flower. Currently 9c

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

No, not died, just went on a sabbatical... Sometimes it all just gets too much.

I've been commuting to Keith this week, splendid weather around the firth although we could really do with some rain.  Even the heavy showers that NL got some of earlier won't do much. I've been out in the garden with the hose nearly every day for the last 3 weeks. 

• Like 4

Posted

Meanwhile NL, I'm paying a bloody fortune for bags of manure on ebay for my poor garden soil! :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, mardatha said:

O god :crazy: The husband is going to get banned from watching TV if he doesn't keep himself under control  - the very sight of Ruth Davidson starts him yelling. With me, it's Kezia Whoosis - her voice makes me want to throw things. I think we need to go on a cruise until its all over!

Norway is nice in May - before the hordes, good weather, midnight sun if you go to about Tromso, midges not about yet...

• Like 4

Posted

HC, years of a Tory govt and cuts have made us so skint that we canny even renew the passports, nevermind actually go anywhere wi them.

Norway has always been a place I've wanted to see.

Edited by mardatha

Posted

Meanwhile, back at the ranch and back on topic before I get banned- its a gorgeous sunny morning here and the blackies are singing their wee heads off. Husband says it was 7C when he looked.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
11 hours ago, mardatha said:

Gardening.

Well I was on Wed during another unscheduled day off work due to a slighly ill child. I certainly wasn't complaining about his timing as it was a glorious day and I got loads done that I just never seem to get around to in a normal weekend.

Yesterday was decent enough too if maybe a little cooler feeling than Wed. Today has also started dry and bright but it looks like we'll be in for some much needed rain later today and into tomorrow. Exactly how much and when though is different on every forecast I look at.

• Like 1

Posted
11 hours ago, mardatha said:

It'd be easier and cheaper just to send all of the party leaders on a cruise, I hear the captain of the Costa Concordia is still looking for a new ship. :girl_devil:

10 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Its certainly warmer than last year with runner beans emerging fast in cold frame and strawberries in full flower. Currently 9c

Aye, the runner beans and french beans I put in the small greenhousy things have made an appearance in the last few days. Notable growth too with the salad crops in my raised bed that I sewed a few weeks back, under plastic, before the last colder snap. I'd definitely say I'm further ahead than this time last year, possibly due to the weather, possibly due to me making an effort to be more organized. Like @Hairy Celt though, the hose has been put to good use the last 2-3 weeks, especially trying to keep the patches of grass that I've re-seeded damp. Not normally so much of a problem at this time of year even on the drier east coast.

• Like 2

Posted

Not quite been as wet as it was supposed to be last couple of days with the forecast of the showers. Yesterday was lovely and might just get away with it today again

• Like 1

Posted

Aha... the gardening thread I see!  Broad, runner and dwarf runner beans, all sorts of cabbages, radishes (yum), garlic, potatoes, rhubarb, courgettes, all in various stages of development or growth (or both, looking at various beans and the radishes (yum yum)).  Currently digging up more lawn so I can get more courgettes in - can't stand them myself but everyone else here will eat them by the bucket-load.

More rain for us easties tomorrow by the looks of it. There, jinxed it.

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

More rain for us easties tomorrow by the looks of it. There, jinxed it.

Well according to the rain radar it's been raining here in Dyce for at least the last hour. Problem is it hasn't, so either my particular spot has a rain shield above it, or it's evaporating before it hits the ground.

Posted

Think we got some of the high cloud from that front running up the east coast which in turn is preventing any showers from getting going here still the sun's out though

Posted
16 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Well according to the rain radar it's been raining here in Dyce for at least the last hour. Problem is it hasn't, so either my particular spot has a rain shield above it, or it's evaporating before it hits the ground.

Yes, I got that in Keith yesterday afternoon.  I made a right fool of myself by putting my coat on, having looked at the radar - only to get outside, people staring at me - "what's he got his coat on for? it's sunny, what a muppet!" looks.  :oops:

Posted

Been stottin off the ground here.

Posted
21 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Same here, it'll barely water the grass. Having said that there a chance of some more heavy downpours especially across the south today:

IMG_2226.thumb.GIF.171151c81e4f4f5d4a9d42dca14b78fd.GIF

Glasgow was getting a biblical hosing when we came through it yesterday early evening. More of the same for some parts later.

10mm in an hour although it was localised:

IMG_2227.thumb.PNG.3a3bd6cec2bc0276370af4717943498b.PNG

Yep hoping for a decent Downpour today.  Little cell nr Gretna looks pretty active for this time in the morning! 

Posted

Brightning up after a damp start but that in turn could fuel the fire for the showers

Posted

Dry gap didn't last long. Looks as if it be rather wet for a while

Posted
1 hour ago, NUT said:

Dry gap didn't last long. Looks as if it be rather wet for a while

More rain than for several weeks (although I think I missed a wet Easter by sneaking off south a long way). Really, quite wet now, and what's more surprising is that I think it noteworthy.

• Like 3

Posted

That rain band's cleared through us. Not feeling particulairy warm although come middle of next week............................

Posted

Fantastic day for the farming community nice gentle continiuous rain earlier to wet surface with a few more recent heavier spells which should not wash off now . With a bit of ground cover now hopefully the sun won"t dry it all up later this week coming. Currently 9c

• Like 3