Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Think I just sent a sticky note instead of a reply on here..... What the f00k is a sticky note 

Edited by edo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold
Just now, edo said:

Think I just sent a sticky note instead of a reply on here..... What the golly gosh is a sticky note 

Gawd knows - someone sent me one and so far as I can find there is no way for me to find it to re-read it... baffling... just like the bit in my profile that tells me:

You last won the day on December 8 2011

Congratulations, you had the most liked content!

but then there's no way for me to find out what on earth it was I posted that was so popular... 

(Yes, I know I don't live in Scotland any more but I'm still following the Kilted thread come winter! What happened to LS? Most of the other old reprobates, I mean, familiar old names, are here, I see - *wave, wave* to all from cold but dry, sunny Shropshire...)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Covering of snow here with occasional heavy snow showers (bit wet at times during lighter showers). 

Higher parts of the city have a covering, others dont. Some are going to have very icy roads come the morning! 

Pretty decent for late autumn with a great northern hemispheric pattern going forward into early winter! :cold: 

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 2

Posted

*note to those without a lamp post nearby, don't try a head torch to try capture the snow, it'll just turn out like you're channeling the fe#kin Blair Witch

IMG_5350.thumb.PNG.b87fdd79e975f6d06e120bf0097c8f5f.PNG

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
43 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

*note to those without a lamp post nearby, don't try a head torch to try capture the snow, it'll just turn out like you're channeling the fe#kin Blair Witch

IMG_5350.thumb.PNG.b87fdd79e975f6d06e120bf0097c8f5f.PNG

If I was in any danger of getting snow, I could show you what a proper man's headtorch does in the snow. It's like driving on main beam...;)

Also thanks to @edo for the sticky note heads up - I won't try that one. Like a sustain pedal?

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Are you lampostless too? Our nearest one is two miles away. Sometimes I miss civilisation.

Our lamp post hasn't worked since the summer. Can't say I miss it terribly.

What counts as civilization?

Posted

@Hairy Celt I'm looking forward to you airing this torch, sounds impressive, though you may have to alert Inverness Airport by the sounds

aye @CatchMyDrift civilisation, maybe in Scotland it's measured by our proximity to those wild running haggis? 

Guess I better put some weather in here, all calm and -0.4c

• Like 1

Posted

@Bleak Midwinter

Great to see you are still here in spirit....hope you are happy down in Englandshire...... I'm thinking maybe LS found a Swedish lady and dropped us like a hot potato :friends:

• Like 3

Posted
15 minutes ago, snowbunting said:

Our wintry scene on our croft on Lewis.  Its been a very early start to the winter here with butterly cold NWlys the past week or so. We have had thunder and lightning too as well as graupel, hail and ice. 

I get a feeling it is just a taster of whats to come.  Even the locals cant remember it starting quite as early as this. Its usually Feb before it gets really cold here. 

2010, 79, 81, 95... dare I say it 63.... its well overdue and I suppose conditions are near perfect for a cold un!

20171124_084533.jpg

20171124_085349.jpg

Love that 2nd pic, with the bold crow on the post - nice one!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wild!
5 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Love that 2nd pic, with the bold crow on the post - nice one!

They wait and hope that the sheep will leave a little of their feed... lol.  The blackface is called Bella... she is always the leader. 

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

15 hours ago, edo said:

Think I just sent a sticky note instead of a reply on here..... What the f00k is a sticky note 

Well, If you sent it to me, which I think you did,  it's in my face on my board!:D

Must be a message that no-one else reads?  Dunno. Maybe a quicker version of a PM?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just a thought but are these stickies moderated I wonder?   If not, you could get off with murder!:laugh:  (avoiding the swear filter springs to mind.)

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

We went for a short walk up by Rogie in the middle of the day. Looked like a lot of snow had melted in the last day or so, so these pix are far from exciting wintry wonderfulness. But fairly typical. And Rogie Falls was looking good...

5a1afbdb136f3_RogieFalls.thumb.jpg.733fd89a6548b64f02069a37c9d0ad37.jpg5a1afbde39ee9_Rogiejuniper.thumb.jpg.afed2870a258ad180757494e9abae073.jpg5a1afbe193ab9_RogieWalls.thumb.jpg.5dc5790131521297ce6133890c71db68.jpg

Then it started to drizzle...

• Like 6

Posted
2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Just a thought but are these stickies moderated I wonder?   If not, you could get off with murder!:laugh:  (avoiding the swear filter springs to mind.)

So instead of writing nice things here, we could send each other profane stickies? Hmmm..!

Posted
2 hours ago, snowbunting said:

Does anyone know when the netweather winter forecast is due to be issued. It went live this time last year. 

It's always wrong anyway.

Posted

I've not ventured outside today, but from in-doors it looked sunny, but house felt cold.

I really need to re-establish former walking habits and routines to keep the old pegs supple.

Doggy is a bit of a worry at the mo, she has an enlarged sub-mandibular gland which I just noticed yesterday. Off to vet tomorrow morning and hoping it is simply the result of a minor infection.

This evening, Countryfile has had pieces about two of my favourite places, the Cairn o' Mount and the Montrose Basin.

Going to the NW coast later this week to count down the days to the winter solstice. 

• Like 3

Posted

Slightly better day today with less wind and a bit more sun but wet this evening and milder at 6c.

If anything like some of the predictions come off in the model thread then it will just be the icing on the cake of bad weather  for the last six months of 2017 for agriculture in Scotland. A local farmer has measured a years rainfall in the last  five months and with tonights rain ground conditions will be as bad as ever.

Posted
20 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Well, If you sent it to me, which I think you did,  it's in my face on my board!:D

Must be a message that no-one else reads?  Dunno. Maybe a quicker version of a PM?

i have sent you a sweary sticky to test the theory :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Posted

Seems a slight sleetyish shower now but hard to tell. Doesn't look very warm out there!

Posted

Miserable start to the day with heavy rain. Still patches of snow remaining in sheltered north facing areas especially in the woods so its waIiting for more!! Currently raining breezy and 3c

• Like 1