Sign in to follow this  
DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

41 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Right that's the toys out the window never mind the pram :aggressive:

Oh hang on... Incoming snow near Laggan just now - gimme those toys back! 

Hmm OK heavy sleet acksherlly :oops:

This is the state of the UK according to London Guardian. Their 4th piece today for UK news is about londoners complaining about announcements on buses. :rofl::rofl:

Now in yellow warning zone for Storm Hoolie's snow... permission to ramp!  It mentions rural communities being cut off...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kerwin said:

Yep just saw this, predicting possibly another 20cm from that spell wednesday into thursday over higher ground... the central belt falls right into the wind and snow warning... blizzards anyone??

IMG_7505.PNG

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 4

Still waiting on this bloody amber warning? Surely to hell when 8 inches of snow is being forecast for some that it merits amber? The midlands got amber for the same in December, I know it doesn't effect what falls from the sky but.... I'm just all about equality ???

I think any amber warnings will be issued at fairly short notice.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, howham said:

I think any amber warnings will be issued at fairly short notice.  

Aye likely once they see how the radar is shaping up and where the most steamer activity is 

25 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Yep just saw this, predicting possibly another 20cm from that spell wednesday into thursday over higher ground... the central belt falls right into the wind and snow warning... blizzards anyone??

IMG_7505.PNG

Be interesting to see where the low ends up. Each run will correct it's position and it if keeps trending south (as it has on the last run I checked) then come Wednesday that warning area could be sitting over the South of England - although let's hope not :D

Fascinating model watching over the next few days - coupled with fascinating radar and lamp post watching - not often that happens in tandem :D

16 minutes ago, Ruzzi said:

Aye likely once they see how the radar is shaping up and where the most steamer activity is 

They'll be checking the toilets then... 

• Like 1

image.thumb.png.93563a9197db7df11eef1c07bdb031ed.pngDoes this mean were in for a right good doing.

• Like 6

MO weather matrix went from high likely to 2nd bottom unlikely but up one for impact. They also inserted a line "some places will see very little" What's going on? 

Edited by grifter

2 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Right just for fun here are some personalised snowfall predictions - these are for accumulation by the end of Wednesday and do NOT include Wed night/Thursday's potential storm. :D

@aggy 5cm 

@More Snow 1cm (sorry mate - can't see the showers getting that far east!)

@edo 5cm

@Stormeh 12cm

@Ravelin Trace (too far east! :sorry:)

@Blitzen 8cm

@Norrance 5cm

@Ruzzi 17cm

@snowidea 8cm

@101_North Zilch :oops: (Just kidding....7cm)

@CatchMyDrift 6cm

@Hairy Celt 4cm

@scottish skier 8cm

@GraemeB 10cm

@moffatross 15cm

@snowy owl 3cm

@mardatha 15cm

@mistyqueen 7cm

@grifter 9cm

@Northernlights 6cm

@Northern Strath 5cm

@NorthernRab 7cm

@Benvironment 10cm

@Polar Gael 12cm

and er,

@Hawesy 1cm :yahoo:

Apologies if I've missed you out.....though it's probably a blessing! :D

Love this - cheers, mate.

*Bank!*

Snaw not here yet. Intermittent showers, snawline creeping down the hills and 4.2C currently. 

I sense a whumphing could be on the cards this week. :cold::good:

• Like 2

Can't remember the last time I saw a Euro4 chart as good as this for my location! Quite obvious now that this is going to end in tears :D

18011618_1506.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Penicuikblizzard said:

Looking at the radar forecast the showers look few and far between for the Central Belt 

I wouldn't worry just yet - can't see how anything could accurately predict shower activity this far in advance! I think that plenty of showers should make it over this far - especially tomorrow and you're in a great position if they do :)

7 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Can't remember the last time I saw a Euro4 chart as good as this for my location! Quite obvious now that this is going to end in tears :D

18011618_1506.gif

Must be completely wrong. Kilmarnock is in the pink bit.

26 minutes ago, grifter said:

MO weather matrix went from high likely to 2nd bottom unlikely but up one for impact. They also inserted a line "some places will see very little" What's going on? 

I think that sentence refers to the warning in place for parts of England and Wales, not Scotland :)

44 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Be interesting to see where the low ends up. Each run will correct it's position and it if keeps trending south (as it has on the last run I checked) then come Wednesday that warning area could be sitting over the South of England - although let's hope not :D

Fascinating model watching over the next few days - coupled with fascinating radar and lamp post watching - not often that happens in tandem :D

Aye, when it was first modelled I was placing it down the south of England but it's being stubborn thankfully. I'd be surprised if it makes a massive correction between now and then, maybe a couple of hundreds miles at most but the central belt has some margin for error as long as it's correcting slightly south, if it comes much further North then it'll be a wash out for the central belt and narnia in the highlands 

• Like 1

cheers @Hawesy always a sign someone is defo gonna hit when your predictor comes out

I will take it :)

• Like 1

I honestly think for here the ground is too saturated for any snaw to stick ideally would need a miracle or a huge hail shower first then snow

4 hours ago, Hawesy said:

Right just for fun here are some personalised snowfall predictions - these are for accumulation by the end of Wednesday and do NOT include Wed night/Thursday's potential storm. :D

@Benvironment 10cm

and er,

@Hawesy 1cm :yahoo:

Apologies if I've missed you out.....though it's probably a blessing! :D

I'd be happy with 5cm.....but I certainly won't complain about 10cm :) Cheers!

Sleeting here and 3.4C.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aggy said:

I honestly think for here the ground is too saturated for any snaw to stick ideally would need a miracle or a huge hail shower first then snow

The dew points look great for later this evening / tonight so I think snow should settle fine. 

It's unlikely anyone will have snow and storm force winds on Weds-Thurs as the snow will be north of the centre of the low and the strongest winds will be south of centre. The Met-O warnings are overwarning to the north of the wind risk area and south of the snow risk area...if that makes sense :) It just looks as if the snow and wind warnings are combined when they probably won't be.

• Thanks 2

Well after last nights fun and games I think I might just keep me head down for a bit... I blame the Buckfast. :drunk-emoji: