Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

5 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

I take it you are reporting from the Weege currently?

I'm watching that band as I still have some snaw forecast for later when I'll be coming back over Soutra at ~400 asl.

Yep, just to the south of the weeg at about 80-90m above sea level. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good road trip up to Fort William. Snow from Crianlarich northwards until you reached the coastal plain.

Right just for fun here are some personalised snowfall predictions - these are for accumulation by the end of Wednesday and do NOT include Wed night/Thursday's potential storm.  @aggy 5cm  @M

An insight in to a snow lover texting their partner when away from home "Snowed overnight.." Me "Cool, how much??" "Not sure.." Me " send a picture of the bins" "Why the f##k

Posted Images

1 hour ago, balmaha said:

Good pictures catch.

Bet you wish you never left civilisation in Paisley:)

Ha ha , I like it. Nah, I don't really miss the west or civilisation, I just need to find somewhere a bit higher up than I am. Or win the lottery and move to the Italian Alps.

• Like 4

Just to avoid feeling left out in the snow pictures stakes,  heres one from where we were today... 

IMG_20171229_101526.thumb.jpg.2ce2471e42c57e07d09a90b7e0646ba3.jpg

Yesterday was combat skiing up above Mayrhofen in Austria, real follow the tips of your skis stuff in heavy snow, especially in the afternoon. Today was cold, blue skies and sunshine. Got to be up there as one of the best ski days I've ever had. 

• Like 8

Best day of Christmas for me. House guests gone so had breakfast in bed. Sledging and snow balls sorted. Neighbours in for mulled wine and chat. Yesterday's stew and cauliflower cheese reheating in the kitchen. Some more snow would be nice so will keep an eye on the radar but all in all a pretty near perfect day. 

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 8

Decent covering in the morning, partial thaw in the afternoon. Sky has cleared with a bright moon showing. Lying snow/slush now freezing, treacherous under foot. Take care out there!

• Like 1

Less than 1mm this morning for me. The heavy ppn just didn't pass near whilst other parts of the Borders had lots. Weird.

Rainy sleet on now despite my elevation and a temp never higher than 0.5°C today - at least there's still the 11cm from early Boxing Day :cold:

• Like 1

Cracking @Ravelin, brought back good memories, did the snowbombing festival there many moons ago, some glorious conditions and it was early April. They had a hugely impressive  halfpipe/ramp park by the main restaurant. Stunning wee place with lovely people, enjoy ?

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 2

Snaw petered out before 3pm here. Ended up with 5cm. Max of 0.2C today and currently 0.1C/0C and kinda murky. So far, a decent start to winter 2017-18. 

Snaps from this arvo attached. 

IMG_20171229_1146526.jpg

IMG_20171229_1147053.jpg

IMG_20171229_1149212.jpg

IMG_20171229_1346436.jpg

IMG_20171229_1611153.jpg

IMG_20171229_1149254.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

About 3cm from this morning which at least looks nice :)

Very nice! Matches my total snowfall for the current decade (i.e. since Jan 2011). 

Think I’ll move to Ayrshire and live next door to @aggy :D

• Like 1