Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good road trip up to Fort William. Snow from Crianlarich northwards until you reached the coastal plain.

Right just for fun here are some personalised snowfall predictions - these are for accumulation by the end of Wednesday and do NOT include Wed night/Thursday's potential storm.  @aggy 5cm  @M

An insight in to a snow lover texting their partner when away from home "Snowed overnight.." Me "Cool, how much??" "Not sure.." Me " send a picture of the bins" "Why the f##k

Posted Images

Strange phenomenon falling out of the sky in east central this morning.    It's white and fluffy and flakey and falling quite lightly onto frosty ground.  Anyone know what it is?   :D

1c/-0.5c

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 5
13 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Snowing lightly again now but still very much in the 'non-event' category. 

We were under that clear slot in the radar for too long. Some improvement in the radar picture this last 30 minutes but little to show for it despite being "under it". For you and me we have to hope that the whole snow feature pivots and tilts so we get a second bite at the cherry but I think our chance may well have passed.

EDIT: snawing decently now in Leith. Might get a covering yet !

Edited by Paul Martin

Watched the radar and it litterally split right round Ayr ... when u look up and around we have blue sky abouts and heavy grey cloud all around resembles being in the eye of a hurricane ? still dry but I swear if that precipitation was rain guess who would get pelted 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, aggy said:

Watched the radar and it litterally split right round Ayr ... when u look up and around we have blue sky abouts and heavy grey cloud all around resembles being in the eye of a hurricane ? still dry but I swear if that precipitation was rain guess who would get pelted 

Yeah, that split worked its way up to Edinburgh as well. No rhyme or reason for it that I can understand other than random chance. (A random chance that happens time and time again mindyou !)

1 minute ago, Paul Martin said:

Yeah, that split worked its way up to Edinburgh as well. No rhyme or reason for it that I can understand other than random chance. (A random chance that happens time and time again mindyou !)

Very strange but it honestly does it every single time ?

• Like 1

Gone very sleety here :( Don't know if this is going to come to anything which is a shame, but to those who do get some white stuff today, enjoy!

Tim

Edited by TinyTim