Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

56 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It didn't take you long to settle into being Scottish :rofl: 

I think I might have been in a previous life...:drunk-emoji: anywho ive had more snow this evening even tho nothing showing on radar it sure did come down for a few mins, enough to cover everything in white again

Posted

Colder than forecast at -4c. Frosty. Should be a nice sunny winter's day with the potential for an ice day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Something odd going on there then 101 north, as it's normally colder here and it's currently minus 2.

Posted

Sunny start to the day at -4c with low humidity air combining to dry up the mud.and cattle much dryer in the folds.Long may it continue.

• Like 4

Posted

Just had a row in the street with some idiot who was driving down the road at about 5mph, with a fully frosted windscreen and veering all over the road! Absolute moron! I was about to pull out of the drive and watched him almost mount the pavement opposite. He stopped when I blasted the horn. There were pedestrians nearby! He's aware of my feelings :nonono:

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

colder aswell here at - 4 this morning hopefully a sign of weather upgrades to come...... 

@Hawesywas there any areas u seen yesterday with enough snow for sledging on your jaunt..... was thinking of heading to Glenshee but would rather avoid the winding road if possible as the wife gets a bit travel sick 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 hour ago, 101_North said:

Just had a row in the street with some idiot who was driving down the road at about 5mph, with a fully frosted windscreen and veering all over the road! Absolute moron! I was about to pull out of the drive and watched him almost mount the pavement opposite. He stopped when I blasted the horn. There were pedestrians nearby! He's aware of my feelings :nonono:

Nearly as bad as the morons who refuse to clear the snow off their roof before setting off, really dangerous on motorways. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Lowest temp overnight here was -3.3c and currently -1.3c.   Lovely sunny day!

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Minus 5 here in Falkirk at 7.00pm according to Mr Snowidea and the car temp gauge. 

Kids back to school tomorrow and I'm back to work (sob) so I'll be frantically scraping the car windscreen  while yelling "shoes, hats, bags and for God's sakes where are your socks"  etc at the horrors. Then I'll fail to be able to open the frozen rear doors so the kids will have to climb in via the front, probably managing to stand on my sandwiches when they do. We'll miss the school bus, I'll drop them at school, battle my way through the grumpy Edinburgh commuters,  arrive at work and after 30 minutes it'll be like I've never been off. 

Still off to Glencoe for a few days on Thursday. 

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 2

Posted

Lovely cold, crisp winters day with plenty sun, -8c this morn with a max of -3c. Really raw, bitter windchill so a day for the layers. On way down again at 7 below

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Calvine reporting -11C currently. Not sure how much lower temps will go?

A balmy -4.4C here.

Edited by Norrance
Sp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
3 hours ago, Benvironment said:

Clearly my car is a poorly calibrated thermometer but my nose, fingers and beard can all confirm it was very a tad colder than usual in Amulree this morning :) 

P1150702.jpg

P1150749.jpg

P1150745.jpg

P1150708.jpg

Is that An Stuc in the second photo?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

cheers @Hawesy we went to glenshee in the end as the neighbours were also heading up there.... incredibly bitter in the windchill.... fingers were in pain if gloves were off for any longer than a minute... lots of nice snow though and kids had a ball so will definitely be back.... kinda forget its only an hour away 

Screenshot_20180107-230126.png

• Like 2

Ahh shame the easterly has been cancelled and it looks like its the NW and Scotland that will benefit from cold zonality... such a shame that. I'm almost tempted to go gloat a bit that ive still got snow on the ground from boxing day with yet another ice day today although I might not be welcome... the nut house thread is the place to avoid tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow
16 minutes ago, More Snow said:

couldn't help myself....:drunk-emoji::drunk-emoji:

I seen your post in the model forum, well said! :)

Some people are jealous that we have had snow and it seems we are not welcome to mention it! If it was the other way around then we wouldn’t hear the end of it!

Nice pictures @Benvironment :)

Edited by Stormeh
  • Like 3

like I said yesterday live north of the M4 and get snow and you will get shot for it. if London isn't cut off by a foot of snow then winter never actually happened for the rest of us..:rofl:

Posted
6 hours ago, edo said:

cheers @Hawesy we went to glenshee in the end as the neighbours were also heading up there.... incredibly bitter in the windchill.... fingers were in pain if gloves were off for any longer than a minute... lots of nice snow though and kids had a ball so will definitely be back.... kinda forget its only an hour away 

Screenshot_20180107-230126.png

Passed through Glenshee yesterday en route to Linn o' Dee for a walk.  It was absolutely mobbed, but great to see the slopes so busy, with lots of families having fun. As you say, though, it was bitter. The car registered -5C mid afternoon.

• Like 3