Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

4 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

More cold rain coming my way. 

Petulant strops aside I think it's only a matter of time until us snow starved people get something. Friday has been popping up as a snow chance for a while now, so we'll see. At the very least some reasonable snow on my local hill would be much appreciated as I've got my kids down for their second and my late Christmas from tomorrow for four nights.

fingers crossed that would be a perfect late xmas prezzie...... if we remain snow starved then @More Snowbetter get an extension built to prepare for is decanting there during the winter

even misty queen has had another fall.... someones taking the pi55 now :D

some places really taking a pasting on latest GFS run and for a lot longer period than last night was showing on 29th but also looking more marginal in places...... track seems to be from a slight SW and looks similar to direction our huge dump on 26/27 december in 2009 took.... unfortunately i dont think whay followed will be repeated as we then had daytime temps of - 6ish for a few days 

Edited by edo
  • Like 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good road trip up to Fort William. Snow from Crianlarich northwards until you reached the coastal plain.

Right just for fun here are some personalised snowfall predictions - these are for accumulation by the end of Wednesday and do NOT include Wed night/Thursday's potential storm.  @aggy 5cm  @M

An insight in to a snow lover texting their partner when away from home "Snowed overnight.." Me "Cool, how much??" "Not sure.." Me " send a picture of the bins" "Why the f##k

Posted Images

Still lying up here but frozen into concrete. The husband refuses to go oot at all because it's too :cold: - and my daughter keeps texting to tell me she's got lovely pressies including chocs sitting in her house waiting for me...

• Like 3

Another bright and frosty day here today after a cracking winter's day yesterday. Just cauld rain for us on Christmas Day so hoping for something a bit better on Friday. 

Snap of Crieff at dusk on Boxing Day. 

Currently 1.4C/-3C. 

IMG_20171226_1552225.jpg

• Like 3

Well, the ST made it up and down to Peebles and back without too many hiccups, just returned home to find plenty of lying snow, still 5 inches on top of the Mrs' car which hasn't move since it started snowing. Don't expect too much melt over the next few days with temps looking very low for the majority of it, then would be nice to get another wee blast on Friday before the melt sets in. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Just a dusting overnight followed by a slight frost. Just started to lightly snow again at -1c.

Had some heavier bursts too.A few photos of showers coming in off the Firth   this morning.20171227_095046.thumb.jpg.3196af5a7476fc344e7b8bba358d5309.jpg20171227_095115.thumb.jpg.56aed4332d7cd833bd06fd212a2a9d28.jpg20171227_104710.thumb.jpg.b3ccced92deff965698dd172d107a26c.jpg20171227_104716.thumb.jpg.c8a3aec6580c9f8eefb5bc4a44e4e431.jpg Currently 1c  From the look of the 14 day outlook on here this neck of the woods should keep snow cover in sheltered areas  Another point is that west wind snow is always heavier although wetter so there is the potential for some very deep accumulations in the next 14 days epecially on the hills.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7

Isn't that low pressure that looks to now be over the Shetland the same low pressure which brought the rain on Sunday if it is it's certainly gone a strange route and maybe hold some surprises for most of northern Scotland tonight. I could also be talking absolute nonsense 

6 hours ago, Cheggers said:

A wee walk at Palacerigg yesterday. Big difference a few miles made

WP_20171226_15_11_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.e5bdb12001a3b9041579272265418d12.jpg WP_20171226_15_12_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.84dc93e3dfdc5310ce8565762f2ee6a7.jpg

WP_20171226_15_13_07_Pro.thumb.jpg.c5cc0f3f6f3411c6dd103f80e109df6a.jpg WP_20171226_15_16_03_Pro.thumb.jpg.e288ba9eb4256eee24f9238124e18336.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9e

Wow looks quite alpine / Scandinavian!

I’m SO jealous all we can manage in London is pretty grim. Sodden surfaces and snow making a sorry effort, just can not get cold enough down here, we need a beasterly, you folks do well with PM airstreams generally. A break in the ‘wilderness’ of Scotland calls, as long as something does not pop up, not quite decided where yet the most snowiest place :crazy: planning for early February put that in your diaries, as it will turn mild and snowless knowing my luck. :laugh:

Some snow to look forward to on Friday, fairly widespread and probably disruptive for once I can’t see it going S of you famous last words lol. 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, drm said:

Nice heavy snow shower in Aberdeen 

some really heavy stuff showing on the radar we have had a lot of heavy snow the last few hours and plenty more to come by the look of the radar.

8 minutes ago, More Snow said:

some really heavy stuff showing on the radar we have had a lot of heavy snow the last few hours and plenty more to come by the look of the radar.

Active streamer from Moray coast to Aberdeen just now the worst of the snow keeps heading just north of the city