Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

Well well!

Fell a sleep oan the chair and wakened up to it snawin?

Even though it had been raining for so long, everything is now nice and white. No sure if it snawed before midnight making it a white Christmas here?

Big Innes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good road trip up to Fort William. Snow from Crianlarich northwards until you reached the coastal plain.

Right just for fun here are some personalised snowfall predictions - these are for accumulation by the end of Wednesday and do NOT include Wed night/Thursday's potential storm.  @aggy 5cm  @M

An insight in to a snow lover texting their partner when away from home "Snowed overnight.." Me "Cool, how much??" "Not sure.." Me " send a picture of the bins" "Why the f##k

Posted Images

Wokeup several times during the night and was all happy watching it snowing steadily, but woke up to a covering only. However the hills are white, the garden is white, the fiedls are white - so that makes it a white xmas for me. Curently 1C,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Kudos to the gritters of border town  Carter Bar,  it's rare I see that road blocked despite its location, height and luckiness.

I love this webCam  as let's me know when the pure stuff is heading cross border into my honorary Scot county :santa-emoji:

S71226-080857.jpg

Edited by geordiekev
  • Like 2

Morning all, trust all had a nice festive period. Well after 23.5 hours of near constant rain the snow started on xmas day, and we now have a thin covering on cars and grass.

Morning Peeps! Nae snaw here, but I expected that. Been raining, quite cool and murky out, but I will get my a*se off the chair, drag myself away from the fire and go for a guid long stretch o' the legs later! After another cup o' tea, and maybe some more toast.....☕?.

Edited by mistyqueen
  • Like 1

Observe, if you will, this picture taken from my work in Kelso. Snow in Kelso, snow in the distance on the eastern Lammermuirs, snow towards the Edinburgh direction in the left centre of the pic. Centre right of the pic where I live, about 100m higher than Kelso....green fields!! 

Santa, whatever it was I did I am sorry :(

20171226_092324.thumb.jpg.d9092764c70b871446a196e6a3586130.jpg

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Nice to see some snowy pics, people! A bit of sleet down here in Lancashire, some snow on the hills. I think it’s safe to say I’ve not missed any snow in brought ferry! :D

• Like 2

About to head out for a nice walk along the coast here. An absolutely beautiful sunny, and much colder, morning after a rotten wet day yesterday!

People that claim to 'prefer mild' or 'hate the cold' would do well to remember the kind of crap mild brings at this time of year!

3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Observe, if you will, this picture taken from my work in Kelso. Snow in Kelso, snow in the distance on the eastern Lammermuirs, snow towards the Edinburgh direction in the left centre of the pic. Centre right of the pic where I live, about 100m higher than Kelso....green fields!! 

Santa, whatever it was I did I am sorry :(

20171226_092324.thumb.jpg.d9092764c70b871446a196e6a3586130.jpg

Well, whatever you did I must have done it too Catch!   At least your hills have got snow though.

Lovely day at 1.3c here (but boring)   Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 4
26 minutes ago, January Snowstorm said:

Can't believe it!!!

My Glasgow white Christmas bet has been marked as a lost bet :-(

Asked for it to be rechecked 

Hmm I'm on the South side of Glasgow with a bit of elevation, it wouldn't surprise me if Glasgow Airport had rain up until midnight at least... 

24 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Looking down into the garden at 9.30am.  11cm in total. Delighted :santa-emoji:

IMG_20171226_095318.jpg

IMG_20171226_095118.jpg

Awww, perfect!

I was planning on heading north tomorrow for a walk in the hills but looks like south is the better option. Biggar looks to have caught a good dump of snow too so perhaps tomorrow will be a Tinto kind of day :)

The Lomonds got an inch or so and made a nice walk this morning.

P1150341.jpg

• Like 3