Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

5C and falling. Big bright moon rose over the firth at teatime, always worth watching the shimmering in the water when the wind's light.

Looking at MWIS for the weekend - tempted to head for the hills...

Temp rebound, up to 7C now. Winter seaside delights.

Gosh look, I get to start the new page again! :p

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Let silly season commence :yahoo:

Strathclyde meto forecast :

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Sunny spells and a few showers on Sunday, possibly wintry. Feeling cold in fresh northwesterly winds. Cloudy with strengthening winds on Monday, rain later. Rain clearing to showers on Tuesday.

• Like 1

Posted

Looks like another 'blink and miss it' cold snap that is little more than a cooler couple of nights.  Still.... might be worth a shot at getting up a hill, maybe an early start on Sunday....

• Like 2

Posted

Another fine breezy  drying day, got some muck spread on a field which is liable to be wet so happy and a neighbour with straw to bale in a fied surounded by woods managed to get it baled too.A real pleasure to be outside today.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Not the first frost of the season here as we had one earlier in the week, but this morning's -3.9C was certainly the coldest start to the day since last winter. A nice white (car scrape-able) frost too, not like the Satan's spawn of a frozen rain type frost earlier in the week that coated everything in a thin ice concrete. 

Posted

5c here this morning  with ground frost in sheltered areas and Ben Wyvis has a dusting with wintry looking showers across the Firth..

• Like 2

Posted

A fine afternoon here with plentiful sunshine. 10c in light winds.

• Like 1

Posted

Temp dropped 2C to 8.5C in that last shower; allow 2C for coastal effect, then 1.5C for every 100m altitude and I guess snow at erm... maybe 500m, which happens to be the MWIS forecast :shok: too. Gizajob.  Looking good for tomorrow.

• Like 2

Posted

3c already so looking at getting frost protection issues checked in the next hour. Tractors already done and well heater checked last week so just cold water to check in attic.. Wintry showers tomorrow?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

We spent the night in a "Hobbit House" in Glencoe (£30 a night at the moment) then walked up the Devil's Staircase and Stob McMartin. Got snowed on, on the way down which the kids enjoyed. Few pic's nicked from hubby. 

FB_IMG_1509830066407.jpg

FB_IMG_1509830050548.jpg

FB_IMG_1509829965001.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Winter has returned to the mountains with white tops round the Firth. Currently sunny and 5c, Busy start to the day with one of the last cows to calve, a fine bull calf after assisted delivery.

• Like 6

Posted

Been a great weekend weather wise over here. Good 14 mile walk this afternoon finished with a pretty sunset from the Tay Bridge.

IMG_20171105_160432038.jpg

• Like 9

Posted

Turning off water troughs this afternoon and saw the snow has stayed on the hills all day above 2000 feet.    Currently clear and 3c

• Like 2

Just back in from doing the fireworks and we had 2 short snow showers between 5pm and 6pm they were over just as quick as they started but welcome to see my first Scottish Snaw..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Crisp and frosty here in Falkirk this morning, not a bad start to the working week. 

was very cold and frosty here this morning down to -2c over night and now up to 3c sunny spells and a cool breeze. all in all a lovely Autumn day. I see there is much excitement over in the nut house thread I've already seen 62/63 charts being compared etc... its gonna be a long old winter in there I feel.

Posted
21 hours ago, booferking said:

If the ukmo is to be believed Scotland and Ireland could get first proper snow showers this winter come Sat-Sun hopefully the charts amplify more in the coming days fingers crossed.

UW144-21.gif

First proper snow showers been and gone... You just had to be above 500m to get them - this was yesterday morning up west from Cannich

snow.thumb.jpg.63a5df113074b548ff55f775b2bcfab7.jpg

Bit much spindrift at times for my liking but a good day all the same...

• Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, More Snow said:

was very cold and frosty here this morning down to -2c over night and now up to 3c sunny spells and a cool breeze. all in all a lovely Autumn day. I see there is much excitement over in the nut house thread I've already seen 62/63 charts being compared etc... its gonna be a long old winter in there I feel.

Wrt the MT, if a dog can lick his dick, that's what he'll do, whether it's useful or not.  Barely worth reading apart from a few of the old hands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Wrt the MT, if a dog can lick his dick, that's what he'll do, whether it's useful or not.  Barely worth reading apart from a few of the old hands.

What an amazing coincidence, HC...I've just put some Germolene on a bald patch that's developed on my wee cat's throat. The one place he can't lick!:laugh:

Edited by Ed Stone
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Some fun charts showing up in the chicken gizzards I see.

Going to be a long winter.

• Like 1

just been and had another look in the MOT and all I will say is this... I'm away to Turriff Tesco to clear the shelves of all spirits and other booze items. I may pick up some bread and milk as well as tinned food items. :drunk-emoji:

Posted
8 minutes ago, More Snow said:

just been and had another look in the MOT and all I will say is this... I'm away to Turriff Tesco to clear the shelves of all spirits and other booze items. I may pick up some bread and milk as well as tinned food items. :drunk-emoji:

That's the spirit! You may need some survival kit for the post-apocalyptic blizzard survival. Crossbow, felling axe, machete, fuel-cube, condoms, the usual stuff. 

Yay, it's me again. Where's my prize?

Edited by Hairy Celt
new page again!!!!
  • Like 1