DiagonalRedLine

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

24 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

The snow for the incoming low tomorrow doesn't look that heavy to me according to the latest GFS

When I do my forecasts for my weather page on Facebook I seldom use the GFS precip charts. I use the Euro4 and the WRF-NMM via Meteociel.

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?MODELL=euro4&MODELLTYP=1&VAR=pslv&INFO=1

https://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/wrfnmm.php?ech=3&mode=0&map=5

I'm sure others would disagree but I only use the GFS for broad brushstrokes on here, not for my Borders forecasts. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

AMBER WARNING INCOMING. :yahoo:

8D979897-C03A-4657-B585-FE117CF44C7D.png

Aye very good, just a pity it's 12 hours too late! I've had countless messages from friends saying they're stuck in gridlocked roads, shocking motorway conditions, I've had a few photos sent of cars off the road, one on its side (all from around this area, maybe 3 mile radius). It's an absolute shocker. I mentioned about an amber warning the other day and in the Model Thread and I honestly cannot fathom as to how else they expected this to pan out. It was clearly not the bog standard typical polar westerly. Warnings for tonight will be too late, people are already stuck on the roads, stuck at work etc and many won't get home from work either. Really really poor!! 

• Like 1

Brief lull so a quick photo opportunity. Standard bin pic 😂

IMG_7564.PNG

IMG_7565.PNG

• Like 5

About an inch of snaw overnight and settling readily from around midnight onwards - a good start. Regular top-ups from the heavy showers birling though.

Roads not clever this morning and not helped by ****trumpets who don't moderate their speed in the midst of the temporary whiteoots. Total nuggets.

Temperature currently -0.2C/-1C and the snaw's back on.

Braw!

IMG_20180116_1030425.jpg

IMG_20180116_1030589.jpg

IMG_20180116_1031589.jpg

IMG_20180116_1032239.jpg

IMG_20180116_1032270.jpg

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

AMBER WARNING INCOMING. :yahoo:

8D979897-C03A-4657-B585-FE117CF44C7D.png

Praise be. Finally...

*slow handclap for the Met Office*

Just an advance warning, will be closing this thread very very shortly. Got a shiny new one in the pipeline! 

Edit: Locking this now. Link to new thread: 

Edited by DiagonalRedLine