Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Don't want to annoy the lesser fortunate members but I'm genuinely starting to think we'll be snowed in by tonight, it's just accumulating effortlessly and to already have 4 inches with what's forecast to come later, I genuinely think this could be a top 5 event for here 

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Now 4 inches here and still heavy snow falling. :)

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

I can't believe that only a yellow warning has been issued! 

Get it rite up ye Met Office!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies
6 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

https://twitter.com/trafficscotland/status/953195490505580544?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^1

Traffic Scotland advising against using the M Eight...our main motorway on the verge of closure yet a Yellow warning is fine? And the worst is to come. 

Genuinely should have been an Amber warning, we saw that last night with the heaviest pulses due in around 0730. I gave the commute a go, just asking for an accident. 

3 lanes covered, could not see the hard shoulder or any lane markings, snow settling and obscuring them. Given the case parameters for warnings and their own guidance for level of populace impacted determining the grading, certainly an Amber. Bloody annoyed by this one tbh and usually am quite forgiving of them..

Totals by midnight are strong.

18011700_1600.thumb.gif.b3c5be94db7abec3af12d483012a2d74.gif

Edited by lorenzo
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Couple of inches here in East Kilbride but it is thawing. Need temperature to go down a bit.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic
6 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

https://twitter.com/trafficscotland/status/953195490505580544?ref_src=twcamp^share|twsrc^m5|twgr^email|twcon^7046|twterm^1

Traffic Scotland advising against using the M Eight...our main motorway on the verge of closure yet a Yellow warning is fine? And the worst is to come. 

Absolutely! traffic starting to slow and back up, amber warning should have been in place

5a5dc6b8a793d_ScreenShot2018-01-16at09_30_20.thumb.png.c0b2f4b42f8a61f22a97be9bec8cf981.png5a5dc6bf16dfd_ScreenShot2018-01-16at09_31_46.thumb.png.df0b9599558c65f26ee8ccd0327e32c0.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Covering of snow here with more snow incoming on the radar, looks potentially the heaviest we've had yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Most of the traffic cams I've just looked at from central up through the middle and west are either U/S or showing serious snow, making driving difficult to hazardous. Yet there are minimal warnings on trafficscotland, and just wee advisories elsewhere. Is this another case of complacency or are folk really left to their own devices? We've had the internet for 20 years so who's not been bothering to think about how to use it?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Baltic

levenmouth snow shield has been breached :D short lived flurry for now looking at the radar but progress nonetheless !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
13 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

Covering of snow here with more snow incoming on the radar, looks potentially the heaviest we've had yet.

Indeed! Heavy snow on now....

• Like 1

Posted

Just feeding cattle in steading this morning as had trailers full of feed outside yesterday ahead of forecast.Supposed to be delivering hay to the west of us this afternoon but will stay off road with slow moving tractor/trailer if conditions get poor.

Very stormy looking over a white Black Isle with lots of very fast moving rag cloud ( my terminology)20180116_095149.thumb.jpg.04cb2d153809734da6abc120dcf8678a.jpg20180116_095119.thumb.jpg.8b5d473c085aea92f1f8b0f39c7ebe7c.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

The snow for the incoming low tomorrow doesn't look that heavy to me according to the latest GFS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Had a nice big shower earlier , nice Cm covering . Gone off now 

• Like 1

Posted

A bit of a non-event here so far... a couple of cms on the hill but just an icing sugar dusting in town.  Ive got my fingers crossed for more later, but have read conflicting reports that the heaviest activty should have been overnight, so feeling a little down right about now, but we'll just have to see :)

Tim

• Like 1

Posted

Meant to say we had frequent lightning through the night and several power cuts. Every time the power comes back on the phones in the house ring a tone.

• Like 2

Posted

Note to self: must be patient. :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Here is the Glenlyon road earlier this morning. It has now been ploughed.

IMG_0046.JPG

• Like 7

Posted
44 minutes ago, Ceitidh said:

Couple of inches here in East Kilbride but it is thawing. Need temperature to go down a bit.  

Yeah, I'm just down the road at the top end of Cambuslang and it's just a slushy dusting for now. Fingers crossed for an improvement later! Great to see how well others are doing but also frustrating to be so close to the proper action and yet just missing out!