Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Beginning with S ending with W ;)

Almost there now, this event for snow has been kicking around for past week now so it has been consistently modelled, what can go wrong now...

BBC and STV forecasts on TV just now didn't look as good as yesterday with majority of snow clearing by around 1. We will see.

Is the Euro4 and GFS best model to run with for meantime?

Cheers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, sun in summer!
1 hour ago, snowidea said:

We usually head off to the red Squirrel campsite in Glencoe for new years day (we avoid new years eve in case it's too noisy for the kids) but thinking of giving it a miss this year as our van's very basic (and bijou) so doesn't have any heating. Still there's always a campfire and all huddle together to keep warm. Enjoy your trip. 

Thanks! We don't tend to do campsites, just wild camp.. It's only a small van (Vito) but it has an Eberspacher diesel heater so always toasty off grid. Always wanted to camp out in Glencoe, Got the maps out now and I'm leaning towards Snowdonia.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
13 minutes ago, Bullseye said:

Almost there now, this event for snow has been kicking around for past week now so it has been consistently modelled, what can go wrong now...

BBC and STV forecasts on TV just now didn't look as good as yesterday with majority of snow clearing by around 1. We will see.

Is the Euro4 and GFS best model to run with for meantime?

Cheers.

euro 4 normally but its gubbed.... i had a look at the arpege which is not to bad on precip.... it has tomorrow as south scotland only..... far more widespread saturday but that would be rain for many.... it looks sadly that gfs out on its its own and many of us will miss out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Today in the lammermuir Hills. Needed a snow fix ! 

E7FD0E7C-3ADC-4539-8009-122C11B93BE8.jpeg

7425C56C-2CAE-4389-B26E-20A0004CB301.jpeg

7495FE72-8C40-49A5-8D80-41549CA65B74.jpeg

• Like 9

having looked at the latest bbc forecast and it looks like the front comes thru very quickly, it shows the band coming into Ireland and Wales by around 1am.. how ever looking at the latest radar it would appear that it is already arriving. unless I'm missing something here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero
2 hours ago, edo said:

phew thought i was going mad..... it smells so pure..... now if i can have that smell with some flakes floating about that would be great 

Every year I tell folk I can smell snow on the wind when we get those first gloriously fresh and chilly northerlies in September......to bemused expressions ?

• Like 2

Posted

-4c this morning with if its correct a reading of 20%RH banishing the mud so easier walking outside.  Might not need so much straw to keep cattle dry today. New Year seems to be a tipping point for dryer air to take hold, cattle too always thrive better after New Year due to the dryer air. 

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Norman Tolson said:

It maybe turn for us in Irvine keeping faith

What’s it like the now ? I’m in Ayr it’s no even raining ?

Posted

Really light snow here - would take hours to cover the car widscreen type stuff. Radar doesn't look great for any heavier stuff anytime soon. Temp has jumped from around -4c to just under 0c in under an hour!

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Mornin' all from a rather chilly Skye! Currently -1c, lowest temp during the night was -3.3, and that is very cold by Skye standards. Noo, jist let me hae a wee keek oot the windae ..... Surprise!!!! Nae snaw. Ah well, it was nice while it was here!❄❄⛄?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Moderate snow Helensburgh area... everything nice n white the noo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Just a light covering here in Falkirk so far.