Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Friday looking good to me for some decent snowfall. The 12z GFS showing snow falling from early morning until evening :)

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

prectypeuktopo.png

• Like 7

Posted

Isn't that low pressure that looks to now be over the Shetland the same low pressure which brought the rain on Sunday if it is it's certainly gone a strange route and maybe hold some surprises for most of northern Scotland tonight. I could also be talking absolute nonsense 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Ooooo Friday is looking decent for us, 10cm is all I ask for :D

Posted

Low -6°C Max -1°C

No snow melted today! :cold:

• Like 4

Posted
6 hours ago, Cheggers said:

A wee walk at Palacerigg yesterday. Big difference a few miles made

WP_20171226_15_11_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.e5bdb12001a3b9041579272265418d12.jpg WP_20171226_15_12_58_Pro.thumb.jpg.84dc93e3dfdc5310ce8565762f2ee6a7.jpg

WP_20171226_15_13_07_Pro.thumb.jpg.c5cc0f3f6f3411c6dd103f80e109df6a.jpg WP_20171226_15_16_03_Pro.thumb.jpg.e288ba9eb4256eee24f9238124e18336.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=d8af95ed7f22db9e

Wow looks quite alpine / Scandinavian!

I’m SO jealous all we can manage in London is pretty grim. Sodden surfaces and snow making a sorry effort, just can not get cold enough down here, we need a beasterly, you folks do well with PM airstreams generally. A break in the ‘wilderness’ of Scotland calls, as long as something does not pop up, not quite decided where yet the most snowiest place :crazy: planning for early February put that in your diaries, as it will turn mild and snowless knowing my luck. :laugh:

Some snow to look forward to on Friday, fairly widespread and probably disruptive for once I can’t see it going S of you famous last words lol. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Nice heavy snow shower in Aberdeen 

7 minutes ago, drm said:

Nice heavy snow shower in Aberdeen 

some really heavy stuff showing on the radar we have had a lot of heavy snow the last few hours and plenty more to come by the look of the radar.

Posted
8 minutes ago, More Snow said:

some really heavy stuff showing on the radar we have had a lot of heavy snow the last few hours and plenty more to come by the look of the radar.

Active streamer from Moray coast to Aberdeen just now the worst of the snow keeps heading just north of the city 

Posted
5 minutes ago, More Snow said:

plenty more on the way by the look of it. a few surprises come the morning for some I think

You have elevation and an inland location great pluses for this winter 

Edited by drm

This is true, I have done very well so far this is my 4th snow event this month, the last one gave snow on the ground for 12 days and ice days a plenty.

Posted
41 minutes ago, Benvironment said:

The South came good today :)

IMG_5156.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

IMG_5175.jpg

The first one looks like the quiet route up Tinto from the south? The hills around there have caught more snow than further west.  It’s not often you see the Pentlands looking quite so Alpine.

• Like 1

Posted

Well this is what I returned home to earlier. The last photos shows the level depth on top of the Mrs car, was just a skiff under 5 inches. 

Had a little melt but nothing major, will be interesting to see how Friday pans out. 

Also as you can see, the telephone wires are really struggling, almost down to within touching distance now 

IMG_7266.PNG

IMG_7267.PNG

IMG_7268.PNG

IMG_7269.PNG

IMG_7270.PNG

IMG_7271.PNG

IMG_7272.thumb.PNG.73389a828d314d96034b7da10e23c721.PNG

Edited by Ruzzi
  • Like 6

Posted
23 minutes ago, More Snow said:

This is true, I have done very well so far this is my 4th snow event this month, the last one gave snow on the ground for 12 days and ice days a plenty.

Which part of Aberdeenshire are you in?

Posted
8 minutes ago, More Snow said:

inbetween Rothienorman and Largue on the b9001 well down a lane off of it.

Great spot for streamers and powder snow elevation is a real bonus for you in marginal set ups

Chucking it down right now, seems I'm in the sweet spot so far this winter that's for sure. I'm sure there will be times when I miss out so will make the most of it when I can. kids will be happy to go out in it the morning.

Posted
1 minute ago, More Snow said:

Chucking it down right now, seems I'm in the sweet spot so far this winter that's for sure. I'm sure there will be times when I miss out so will make the most of it when I can. kids will be happy to go out in it the morning.

Think the only wind direction you may be sheltered from is a westerly to south westerly the rest you are well placed just as well you werent there in 2009/10?