Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

A nice crisp day. Blue sky mainly, with some Sc over the hills, temp around 2C and the slightest of breeze from the NW.

Have to admit I'm a wee bit scared to view the radar!

• Like 2

Posted

Got a response from Met Office 

It wasn't a white Christmas at Glasgow. 

He said nearest weather station is Bishopton just recorded rain/drizzle.

Gutted and annoyed as if parts of Glasgow seen snow surely their station got one flake!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
19 minutes ago, January Snowstorm said:

Got a response from Met Office 

It wasn't a white Christmas at Glasgow. 

He said nearest weather station is Bishopton just recorded rain/drizzle.

Gutted and annoyed as if parts of Glasgow seen snow surely their station got one flake!!!

There's a reason for them saying it has to snow at the AIRPORT...

Anyhoo, it's drizzly here at 2C after a lovely cold sunny day. Looking forward to a drive south through the mayhem tomorrow.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted

A sequence of photos showing the build up of a band of snow from the north culminating in moderate settling  snow now at 1.5c .They also show Ben Wyvis and I think the windfarm at Brahn. 20171226_094702.thumb.jpg.0a4eb53926d8c8e7d6466c0af3b73b93.jpg20171226_104550.thumb.jpg.2d85b17cde1adc4ae4e4e05541a36bbc.jpg20171226_104602.thumb.jpg.1d61e36aedc7edff2c944dd7c568434a.jpg20171226_104716.thumb.jpg.7d4fbfde03b3970a098527ae74d05ebd.jpg20171226_120425.thumb.jpg.52f36c9b82573e336a4b768e925b8693.jpg20171226_140859.thumb.jpg.6903aae9cb6c15d0b78ddc7f14f58f71.jpg

Cows shown too making their way to the turnips in sunny conditions

Will put a photo up later if it builds up.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 4

Posted
3 hours ago, Benvironment said:

Awww, perfect!

I was planning on heading north tomorrow for a walk in the hills but looks like south is the better option. Biggar looks to have caught a good dump of snow too so perhaps tomorrow will be a Tinto kind of day :)

The Lomonds got an inch or so and made a nice walk this morning.

P1150341.jpg

Definitely come south. I'm only six miles from Biggar and it's all frozen now for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

SS light covering here but none in Gala, not sure about your homestead. Now frozen solid and crunchy.

• Like 1

Posted

Yeah, was down that way today, the Lanark-Biggar area up towards the Pentlands looks to have caught a few hours of snow in the early hours, although not especially deep.  

Was slightly surprised to wake up about 5 ish this morning and see everything white - snow and fog.  It was snowing just before midnight, but dissolving straight into the ground.  First lying snow this winter in this part of North Lanarkshire, although only 2 or 3 cm.  The Clyde is very high after yesterday’s deluge so there’s odd bit of minor flooding too.  All now icing up, of course.

Edited by Spindrift2017

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

here we go 

chaka deamus and pliers 

Screenshot_20171226-210836.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Morning Happy Snow covered Campers! Well, would you believe it, after all my whinging aboot nae snaw what did I wake up to the morning? Yes, gentle reader, a wee coating o' the white stuff! Just a wee one mind, but nevertheless, SNAW! Will try and get some pictures later on. Very cloudy now and it looks like the mainland is getting a guid dump so they'll be happy in Kyle!

Just checked the forecast for the next few days, on the 30th XC has temp s of 6c with winds of 39 mph gusting to 64mph. Met check and Netweather both going for 2-3c and light winds of about 4-9mph. Such a big difference there, so I'm aff tae check the charts noo!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Couple of cm's here in Carrbridge. Very picture-sque.

Will take some snaps when I go oot wi the dugs soon.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
4 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

More cold rain coming my way. 

Petulant strops aside I think it's only a matter of time until us snow starved people get something. Friday has been popping up as a snow chance for a while now, so we'll see. At the very least some reasonable snow on my local hill would be much appreciated as I've got my kids down for their second and my late Christmas from tomorrow for four nights.

fingers crossed that would be a perfect late xmas prezzie...... if we remain snow starved then @More Snowbetter get an extension built to prepare for is decanting there during the winter

even misty queen has had another fall.... someones taking the pi55 now :D

some places really taking a pasting on latest GFS run and for a lot longer period than last night was showing on 29th but also looking more marginal in places...... track seems to be from a slight SW and looks similar to direction our huge dump on 26/27 december in 2009 took.... unfortunately i dont think whay followed will be repeated as we then had daytime temps of - 6ish for a few days 

Edited by edo
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Still lying up here but frozen into concrete. The husband refuses to go oot at all because it's too :cold: - and my daughter keeps texting to tell me she's got lovely pressies including chocs sitting in her house waiting for me...

• Like 3

Posted

Just a dusting overnight followed by a slight frost. Just started to lightly snow again at -1c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Another bright and frosty day here today after a cracking winter's day yesterday. Just cauld rain for us on Christmas Day so hoping for something a bit better on Friday. 

Snap of Crieff at dusk on Boxing Day. 

Currently 1.4C/-3C. 

IMG_20171226_1552225.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Nice photos guys!

Any update on Friday's potential Snow event troops?

Posted

It's been snowing since I got up, here's a pic or two, hangover from hell, off to melt in to the couch and drown in irn bru

IMG_6024.thumb.JPG.577d5611078e899cdf6a1bee78ec86b2.JPG

IMG_6031.PNG

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 8

Posted

Well, the ST made it up and down to Peebles and back without too many hiccups, just returned home to find plenty of lying snow, still 5 inches on top of the Mrs' car which hasn't move since it started snowing. Don't expect too much melt over the next few days with temps looking very low for the majority of it, then would be nice to get another wee blast on Friday before the melt sets in. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

NOT yesterday's pic...(honest!):rolleyes:

static_weathercams.php.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Just a dusting overnight followed by a slight frost. Just started to lightly snow again at -1c.

Had some heavier bursts too.A few photos of showers coming in off the Firth   this morning.20171227_095046.thumb.jpg.3196af5a7476fc344e7b8bba358d5309.jpg20171227_095115.thumb.jpg.56aed4332d7cd833bd06fd212a2a9d28.jpg20171227_104710.thumb.jpg.b3ccced92deff965698dd172d107a26c.jpg20171227_104716.thumb.jpg.c8a3aec6580c9f8eefb5bc4a44e4e431.jpg Currently 1c  From the look of the 14 day outlook on here this neck of the woods should keep snow cover in sheltered areas  Another point is that west wind snow is always heavier although wetter so there is the potential for some very deep accumulations in the next 14 days epecially on the hills.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 7