IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
10 hours ago, 101_North said:

That's dangerously close to @edo! I'll not be happy LOL :rofl:

:Devening 101.... cast your eyes over this 

ok not exactly epic but its progress.... kids were out playing in it and managed to scrape a few snowballs 

i think you may have mongooseing more 

20171214_180250.jpg

Edited by edo
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, More Snow said:

More chance of hell freezing over....

Mm well stranger things have happened. As a Londoner snow is fairly rare and I savour it I reckon if I lived in tattie land I’d lose that sense of wonder..

Posted
7 minutes ago, edo said:

:Devening 101.... cast your eyes over this 

ok not exactly epic but its progress.... kids were out playing in it and managed to scrape a few snowballs 

i think you may have mongooseing more 

20171214_180250.jpg

Call it a draw :D

As you say - not exactly memorable but nice to get a bit of something out of this cold spell.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
2 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Mm well stranger things have happened. As a Londoner snow is fairly rare and I savour it I reckon if I lived in tattie land I’d lose that sense of wonder..

You could always move north :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daniel* said:

I spent my childhood in Romford Essex and just remember the early 80's snow falls then the snowless period from 88 to 91 then feb 91 was just epic, I also remember the total heart break of feb 96 as we missed out by about 20 miles while the rest of the uk was buried, ive always been a snow junky and have constantly been looking to move to a place that can give me my snow fix, I'm the first one in the house that's dressed and ready for snow ball fights. my kids all adore the snow too... the wife just says 'oh look its pretty' I guess 4 out of 5 in the house aint bad.

Posted

a noble call @101_North its incredible how excited the kids were by so little.... the 7, 5 and 4 year olds have no memories of snow so they were beside themselves with excitement

adds to the festive cheer 

• Like 3

Posted
10 minutes ago, NorthernRab said:

You could always move north :)

I have thought about it, the Highlands is quite a treasure. Not for a while yet but maybe one day. :) 

I’m not one that feels the cold but I bet up where you are it’s proper Baltic! The climate of Scotland and London is very distinct, here going below freezing doesn’t come easy. 

Your summers aren’t great SE corner tends to have very good summers relative to average Scottish summer pity I could not take it with me the winters would be great..

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, edo said:

a noble call @101_North its incredible how excited the kids were by so little.... the 7, 5 and 4 year olds have no memories of snow so they were beside themselves with excitement

adds to the festive cheer 

Same with my 3! Such excitement! Great to get out and throw a snowball or 2. I'll never get bored of it and I suspect - neither will they :D

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy sleet here and has been for much of the evening. 1c colder and we have could've been buried, ah well! :closedeyes:

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

We're approaching a week of snow cover now, although it's looking rather thin and crappy here now. Much better inland still. Max temp for a week is 2.5C, min is -3.5C.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.
2 hours ago, JamesM said:

Despite the ground being frozen and the road being like an ice rink, it's another dose of heavy rain here, which is just freezing and adding a further layer of ice to the road. 

Been the same in Glasgow all evening. Tried to go for a run earlier and was it was so treacherous I felt I was taking my life in my hands.

Posted
45 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

I have thought about it, the Highlands is quite a treasure. Not for a while yet but maybe one day. :) 

I’m not one that feels the cold but I bet up where you are it’s proper Baltic! The climate of Scotland and London is very distinct, here going below freezing doesn’t come easy. 

Your summers aren’t great SE corner tends to have very good summers relative to average Scottish summer pity I could not take it with me the winters would be great..

We do winters here. If we like it hot (most Scots wilt in proper heat, to be honest), we can get our fix somewhere else then come home to sensible warm rain and midges.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
56 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

***quietly scores @edo and @101_North off the Xmas card list***

@Hawesy...no danger of you not getting a card :rofl:

Make mine a calendar..........  I deserve it! :wallbash:

Posted
14 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

We do winters here. If we like it hot (most Scots wilt in proper heat, to be honest), we can get our fix somewhere else then come home to sensible warm rain and midges.

Wet, warm, cabbage in the summer :shok:

I think we southerners take our summers for granted most of the time, that’s funny to see. :D 

Midges? Don’t think we have them here, we have mosquitos all long dead now, over the years I’ve noticed more and more are poking their noses in. All biting insects need to be made extinct what good are they.. :diablo:

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Make mine a calendar..........  I deserve it! :wallbash:

ach could be worse imagine @Hairy Celt had snow cover for a week

what whats that you say

your mongooseing kidding me 

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, CatchMyDrift said:

***quietly scores @edo and @101_North off the Xmas card list***

@Hawesy...no danger of you not getting a card :rofl:

No, I’m safe on that account. :D I think I moved from the least snowy place in Scotland (Crail) to the second least snowy place in Scotland (Broughty Ferry). I did see a few snowflakes while at work today so, that’s a bonus. 

Chilly here this evening, Leuchars was reporting -4c earlier, Dundee Riverside -1c.

Posted
17 minutes ago, edo said:

ach could be worse imagine @Hairy Celt had snow cover for a week

what whats that you say

your mongooseing kidding me 

You wouldn't be throwing balls of this stuff at your girls - they'd be on to social services! Or making snowmen... Ms HC and younger HC both came close to a cropper earlier just getting to the gate, and don't say sweep it up, this stuff would need a kango hammer to shift it and then the friggin neighbours would be on my case for the noise.

• Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Wet, warm, cabbage in the summer :shok:

I think we southerners take our summers for granted most of the time, that’s funny to see. :D 

Midges? Don’t think we have them here, we have mosquitos all long dead now, over the years I’ve noticed more and more are poking their noses in. All biting insects need to be made extinct what good are they.. :diablo:

They keep the bloody tourists away, that's what good they do!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer
3 hours ago, Northern Strath said:

Have posted plenty Loch an eilein pics on here before so you'll be sick of that sodding loch ?? but it was just glorious there with the dog today, took him a few miles up the Lairig ghru hill pass looking upon the Cairngorms. Crisp cold, everything frozen solid and some blue skies adding to the scene

IMG_5620.thumb.JPG.96319aad01ad9d0ed1c2e4ae20d7de4b.JPG

IMG_5629.thumb.JPG.db9d2731ebc41dbafd7ec23b898eb22f.JPGIMG_5620.thumb.JPG.96319aad01ad9d0ed1c2e4ae20d7de4b.JPG

IMG_5644.thumb.JPG.24cbb83e366416ac892eefeb9b368d3d.JPG

IMG_5649.thumb.JPG.7ba1a60d101f646f8dd526ec22b2c4ab.JPG

IMG_5656.thumb.JPG.9c9540a0aa06f2b336cc7f82c520da6b.JPG

IMG_5658.thumb.PNG.d78644d7b926a7fedfc3d9a5f15b7c0a.PNG

I underestimated the size of Loch An Eilean... Took like 90 mins to walk round (took a few detours like other the loch at the back). I was knackered after that haha, lovely though

• Like 4

Posted
59 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

No, I’m safe on that account. :D I think I moved from the least snowy place in Scotland (Crail) to the second least snowy place in Scotland (Broughty Ferry). I did see a few snowflakes while at work today so, that’s a bonus. 

Chilly here this evening, Leuchars was reporting -4c earlier, Dundee Riverside -1c.

love broughty ferry..... would like to live there in the future but the lack of snow does put me off 

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

We had some rain during the night and the temperature has risen all the way to 4c/2c. Don’t think there’s much chance of seeing anything before it turns milder on Sunday so it’s another case of maybe next time! :D

GFS still has it turning colder by next weekend so we may not have to wait too long!

p.s. nice pic 101.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Snow disappearing here. Gritters just been round thank goodness as the cars outside could have been auditioning for dancing on ice. 

• Like 2

Posted

Drip! Drip! Drip! 

Snow melting away quickly as the temp rises but immediately turning to ice! Roads were lethal this morning.

Not a bad weeks weather really. Lovely sunshine, frosty mornings, temps down to -9c, a few ice days, plenty of frustrating radar/model watching and a wee snowfall to round it off :)

• Like 1