Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Nice crisp morning! Sorry I looked at the latest GFS this morning as any snow potential through the central belt on Wed/Thurs looks to be a high ground event. Only one model though and plenty of time to change :)

Edit: Met Office already forecasting 'hill snow' and 'turning milder'! :nonono:

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Overnight top up here too, I'll get out and measure it later. Temp - 0.8C.

Posted

Morning all,

A few clouds around and a nice pink sunrise. Fluctuating temperatures through the night (0 to +2c Dundee, -2 to +2c Leuchars) so not particularly cold, will be colder tonight I think.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Still hee haw here......knife edge for next week....could yet remain cold and I don't think we will really be clear on the picture for later next week till we see the second low pass through on Monday.......it's gonna be tough watching the news tomorrow night seeing reporters standing outside gritter depots talking about traffic chaos :angry:

Red sky here this morning though......a straw clutching glimmer of hope maybe

• Like 4

Posted

An insight in to a snow lover texting their partner when away from home

"Snowed overnight.."

Me "Cool, how much??"

"Not sure.."

Me " send a picture of the bins"

"Why the f##k do you want a picture of the bins??".... etc etc....

got there in the end

IMG_5508.thumb.PNG.cf096fd289bc5885c5a590b09d9de45d.PNG

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Really looking into the possibility of moving up North - It has become a real wasteland for me to get any snow here!

Seeing all the pictures in here and the webcams from Tyndrum northwards is making me extremely jealous - happy for folk who have snow but still pretty raging about it. ???

Going to be even worse tomorrow when 20cms of snow gets dumped in a big part of England. (This front was five days ago showing as coming through Central/Southern Scotland to make matters worse)

Yes it’s dry, sunny and frosty and will be until Wednesday (before heavy rain arrives/snow over 300 meters I would imagine) but it is very boring especially as a large area of the UK and Ireland has seen snow over the past couple of days and again tomorrow.

Enjoy the snow and have a good weekend. ⛄️⛄️⛄️

• Like 2

Just been out with the kids for snow ball fights and sledging, was some really heavy showers while out. and still some light snow falling at this moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!
17 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Ignore this box Catch lol I cant get rid of it. I was just trying to say I'd probly get more snow if I lived in bloody Florida. I AM NOT HAPPY.

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 1

Posted

Good walking in the Sidlaws. Dusting up here but can see the real action to my north in the Angus Glens.

C69D1295-1BCB-4CAC-A591-88642C1589BB.jpeg

7AB645F2-7225-4592-B21F-2A372AD30F44.jpeg

• Like 4

Sun came out for about an hour but back into blizzard conditions again. its bloody Baltic out today and that wind is just not letting up. what a stunning start to winter, may long it continue..:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Send me a picture of the bins..

Brilliant NS.

That has to be the new industry standard measure of Snaw.. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Gorgeous crisp, cold, blue sky day here. Bowed to pressure and put the Xmas tree up. Now for three weeks of stopping the cats from trashing it. 

Not a flake of snow to be seen but happy for those of you who got to go sledging today. 

Had a wander into the model forum. Don't understand a word of it but did notice a lot of the charts posted were missing Scotland. 

I'll be really grumpy if they get snow in Cornwall. Will be throwing more than toys if all my cornish friends and relatives get snow before me. :doh:

Edited by snowidea
  • Like 2

Posted
6 hours ago, Mr Frost said:

Seeing all the pictures in here and the webcams from Tyndrum northwards is making me extremely jealous - happy for folk who have snow but still pretty raging about it. ???

Yes, Mr Frost. I travelled through Glencoe, Rannoch Moor and Tyndrum this morning. The views were stunning with bright sunshine reflecting off the snow and glassy lochans.

• Like 3

Posted
47 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Gorgeous crisp, cold, blue sky day here. Bowed to pressure and put the Xmas tree up. Now for three weeks of stopping the cats from trashing it. 

Not a flake of snow to be seen but happy for those of you who got to go sledging today. 

Had a wander into the model forum. Don't understand a word of it but did notice a lot of the charts posted were missing Scotland. 

I'll be really grumpy if they get snow in Cornwall. Will be throwing more than toys if all my cornish friends and relatives get snow before me. :doh:

Being a miserable mean grumpy old farmer I noticed a patch of self seeded pine like trees growing on the site of an old shed  about ten years ago and thought I would just leave them to grow. Turned out they were Douglas Fir, free and absolutely cat and dog proof as their needles are very sharp so careful decorating is required. However they are a good shape. Got it up last week with some seasonal cursing as it stabbed me as  I got it in the door.

Less wind but still the odd flurry today and currently -0.5c with lots of ice and even icicles.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 6

Posted
41 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Being a miserable mean grumpy old farmer I noticed a patch of self seeded pine like trees growing on the site of an old shed  about ten years ago and thought I would just leave them to grow. Turned out they were Douglas Fir, free and absolutely cat and dog proof as their needles are very sharp so careful decorating is required. However they are a good shape. Got it up last week with some seasonal cursing as it stabbed me as  I got it in the door.

Less wind but still the odd flurry today and currently -0.5c with lots of ice and even icicles.

Have to correct the type of tree, they are Sitka Spruce not Douglas Fir and a lot of the woods around here are compltely planted with them. Thanks to Hairy Celt for the correct identification. I should stick to farming!!!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Temperature on the downward slope, currently - 3.9C.

• Like 2

Posted

Have had  a fresh top up this evening which is sparkling in the door lights. Currently -1c

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.
39 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Have had  a fresh top up this evening which is sparkling in the door lights. Currently -1c

We've had light snow on and off for a couple hours but of the very small almost glass like variety - made everything very sparkly!  

Looking at the radar a couple more hefty showers looking on track for here later on :)

Oh and it's Baltic.

• Like 4

skies have finally cleared here and the temp is dropping like a stone already minus 5c. I moved my family up to Scotland so we got to see proper winters and my word has it paid off... I bloody love it.:cold: