IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
9 hours ago, 101_North said:

18z a big improvement! It'll change every 6hrs between now and Sunday though :D

LOL - all change on the 00z :D

prectypeuktopo.png

This is pretty much what I expect sadly!

DQbJKWLVoAAVdBj.thumb.jpg.e892451c48fd7d2d34b57e1a55556550.jpg

Edited by 101_North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....
42 minutes ago, snowidea said:

Hope everyone up North is safe and you all hang on to your roofs. It's windy enough down here in the central belt so I imagine it's "blowing a hooley" further up. 

Relatively calm at the moment which is a bit surprising. Just checked several forecasts for my area and wind speeds downgraded considerably. It's certainly a bit blustery but I've heard a lot worse! However, it's early yet, things may change as the day goes on!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
10 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Relatively calm at the moment which is a bit surprising. Just checked several forecasts for my area and wind speeds downgraded considerably. It's certainly a bit blustery but I've heard a lot worse! However, it's early yet, things may change as the day goes on!

Same here, we're supposed to be getting 50mph gusts by now but it's nothing like that outside. 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

Much the same here (NW mainland).  I think the strongest gusts, so far, occurred during the wee small hours.

Posted

Morning all,

currently 6c, strongest gust 59mph, fairly clear skies and actually quite a bright morning, wind not bad between gusts averaging 34mph.  Nothing out of the ordinary here yet for my location, we shall see what the day brings.

Stay safe folks:cold:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Wind just suddenly ramped up. 

Posted

Working east of Inverness, very blustery but nothing exceptional so far. Showers didn't look far from turning to snow as I left the house, very snowy forecast for the strath, could get interesting 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Blustery here in Inverness but nothing to write home about really - it is feeling frigid out there though. Currently 5'C 

Posted

120MPH gust on Cairngorms summit earlier.:shok:

Mean wind speed 75mph .gosh

Hows it looking at ground level up there 

Edited by SLEETY

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Not that windy here overnight either, oddly. 45mph top gust. Pushed up over 11C in the early hours but down to 4.7C now and looks likely to stay dry for the next few days......annoyingly! Happy for my snow-starved family in the English Midlands, though. Some of them haven't seen a snowflake for nearly five years!

Posted

Nothing to phone home about just yet in Shetland. Bit of a breeze, temperature around 6'

Don't think it will be long before we see things changing.

There seems to be a large area of cloud heading our way this afternoon. Anybody know if this will be rain or snow?

Posted

Looks like GFS is continuing it's theme of moving Sunday's low north or south every 6hrs :D  

prectypeuktopo.png

No idea how Arpège usually performs but it has the low much further south. 

17121010_0700.thumb.gif.84f21efef61ab404b929763bd2c2c66d.gif

In a nutshell - no one has a mongooseing clue what might happen on Sunday :D

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
18 minutes ago, Sir Saats a lot said:

Nothing to phone home about just yet in Shetland. Bit of a breeze, temperature around 6'

Don't think it will be long before we see things changing.

There seems to be a large area of cloud heading our way this afternoon. Anybody know if this will be rain or snow?

Doesn't look cold enough for snow just yet. You're too far north :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

I've put off outside work I was going to do today because of the wind. I did my risk assessment and thought there was avoidable risk of being hit by flying debris. Then I come back in here and everyone is saying, nah, just a bit breezy.  Either you're all real tough guys, or you're not working outdoors, or I've turned into some sort of wuss. Or something.

Mean winds here are nothing special but the gusts are fierce. And last night's 13C is gone - now wibbling between 4C and 5.5C depending on the gusts, so most of the drop's happened here already.

But will it snow????

• Like 1

Posted

Certainly interesting weather - sudden squalls, the last one was accompanied by horizontal hail - then almost complete lulls with glimpses of blue sky and sunshine.

Not sure what to get up to today.

• Like 2

Posted

Same Ciel, have driven back and forth on the A96 to inverness doing bits and bobs, if its not a horizontal shower and dark it's surprisingly serene with blue skies.. though as I write something rather evil looking appears be coming from the NW

• Like 1

Posted

4 days of updated snow and ice warnings and not one of them near me! 

My chances of seeing snow have just seen a huge upgrade :D

• Like 3

Posted

Wild overnight but not unusually so. The showers have not been that frequent I suppose a little shelter here and just as I say that the heavens have unleashed

Edited by NUT

Posted

See this is everything that is wrong with the model thread!!

IMG_7045.thumb.PNG.88b811968d49adb0ebeb01d944b15577.PNG

I won't continue to post snow charts for every single GFS run because it is all still all over the place but the GFS 06Z is a peach for the central belt southwards with around 24 - 36 hours of snow from Sunday morning through to Monday night. The eastern half of borders look especially good and likely south Lanarkshire aswell. Again it will change but the point was with posts like that in the Model Thread, no wonder people have snipes all the time. Everything is bias all the time and apart from the ones who try to fly the flag for Scotland, the majority of it is England based all the time, weather ceases to exist from Gretna northwards ?

Imaging the reaction if it was somewhere in central England being forecast with 24-36 hours of near continuous snow but Scotland looked set to miss out with some sleety p**h ... The 'if Calsberg did snowy model runs at just T36' patter would be whipped right out and everything would be great ..... unless ofcourse the they then decide to start the 'north or south of M4 corridor' cr*p. Everyone south of the M4 would be as happy as a turkey at Christmas and Everyone north would be as happy as monkey In a banana truck...... end everyone in Scotland need not give a sh*t cause weather simply does not exist here. 

Can't wait for the 12Z in the hope that everything shifts north and everyone south of the 'Gretna - Berwick corridor' looks set to miss out - winter over etc. 

Ye can take yer Model Thread, but ye'll never take, oor regionalllll ?

• Like 5