Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

A wee dusting again here today, a bit more in Portree though. Temp down to -0.9c last night currently hovering around the 1/2c. Skies very heavy with Snaw, doubt we'll see much of it here. :cray:

• Like 2

Posted
21 minutes ago, mistyqueen said:

A wee dusting again here today, a bit more in Portree though. Temp down to -0.9c last night currently hovering around the 1/2c. Skies very heavy with Snaw, doubt we'll see much of it here. :cray:

Woke up to this today!

04.jpg

05.jpg

Not much at sea level and most has melted now, still a good bit on the hills though.

• Like 5

Posted

Snow lying over night here 2 miles south of Broughton.  Heavy snow before lunch, then sleet, then back to snow - good covering.  1pm snowline at 200m.

• Like 2

Posted

Hi Shuggee, I'm 2 miles south of Broughton as well - we must be close neighbours (well, as close as rural areas can be). Bitterly cold right enough and snow not melting now,

Pete

• Like 1

Posted

Aye, it's freezing-up.  Hoping for some star viewing later.

• Like 1

Posted

Currently on holiday in the Channel Islands but a few posts on Facebook confirms there was snow on the ground at home this morning. So it looks like I have missed the first snow of the season and this seasons new winter tyres missed their first test. Temperature in double figures down here!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Snaw lying here now.

Or rather the wet crappy remains of what fell earlier, having washed away all the road salt, is now solidifying, turning the area into one gigantic ice rink. :diablo:

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Baltic in Glasgow today as well. It was snowing in the city centre for a short time this morning but it quickly turned to rain or sleet. There was some sleet at about half past 5 as well.

Going by @NUT's post above it's probably even more of a cauld yin now and I need to go to the shops and seriously considering whether I'd rather go hungry tonight.

Posted

Probably a little more wintry here towards the edge of Glasgow than in the centre. But mostly wet snow and sleet without ever settling. I didn't manage a peek of the Campsie of Kilpatrick hills - these only reach 400-500m but I'd imagine they'd be quite white. 

Posted
5 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

It's gone now, but there was a little message a few mins ago saying 'SD limit reached' or similar which I understand now. Sanity Dispenser? (Not Sanitary... ok I shut up now)

I got a similar thing a few months ago for losing the plot with some pillock in a thread and got gagged for a bit, so went away and prayed in a cave for a few months. I'm still just as mad now, especially when it comes to dealing with blinkered halfwits but obviously this isn't the place to pour night soil on people.

Oh yeah, it's snowing. And both the Weatherproofs and the WRD4s have been worth their weight this week.

Well, my location avoided the snow showers,:D, - just a waft of cold drizzle this afternoon- but I'm a wee bit unhappy about forum censorship of any mild persuasive contributions ? 

In fact, here, it has been a mainly cold, sunny and frosty day - a day for wrapping up well and making the best of what the weather had to offer.

Fire on now, book out and doggy on knee.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

keeping up the thread theme i was in kinross today.. .. a cracking shower when i was leaving to come back to bone dry luncarty.... was cracking to see 

everything frozen here already.... nice start to almost winter

cant upload pics getting an error that says error - 200.... anyone else had that? 

• Like 1

Posted

the file is 5.1mb.... i recall this happening before but not how i fixed it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
3 minutes ago, edo said:

the file is 5.1mb.... i recall this happening before but not how i fixed it

Shrink it a bit more if you can - sometimes the upload process seems to bloat files. Or send a help request.

Posted

Cheers HC and CMD you guys were correct......just tried a smaller file and it worked..... A relief to know I will be able to share the pics of the guaranteed epic winter 17/18 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well F all is making it over the hills - just been in and out fetching fuel for 20 mins - apart from the occasional wee glittery bits. No weather delight here tonite so there's nowt else for it. Clink clink tick sssss gurgle mmmmm.

• Like 5

Posted

Nice to see a wee bit of lying snow in Kinross this evening (has Kinross ever been mentioned as much in a single day on the forum before?).

Just arrived home to a snow shower that was starting to settle but came to nothing in the end. Nice to see :) though!

• Like 1

A very cold day here, top temp of 0c and as soon as the sun went down the temp quickly began to fall. currently -2c and more snow showers predicted for the coming days. brilliant end to Autumn and I hope just a prelude to what winter will bring.

Posted
4 hours ago, edo said:

keeping up the thread theme i was in kinross today.. .. a cracking shower when i was leaving to come back to bone dry luncarty.... was cracking to see 

everything frozen here already.... nice start to almost winter

cant upload pics getting an error that says error - 200.... anyone else had that? 

If you're uploading from an I-phone then I'd you choose what photo you want to upload and take a screenshot of the photo on your phone and then upload the screenshot. That works for me, original photo will never upload but as soon as I screenshot the same photo then the screenshot will upload no bother 

Posted

Just a quick update for this locale, the minor accumulation earlier partially melted and then froze over to a crispy hard slush but various top-up showers after dark have brought the accumulation back up to maybe half an inch. Can't get an accurate depth due to recovering from surgery on Tuesday but will be back out to play soon hopefully 

IMG_6877.PNG

• Like 1