Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
4 hours ago, scottish skier said:

Certainly looks like decent potential in the coming week, especially inland with a bit of height. Mountains should do well.

Chilly, snawy weather potentially sustained too; similar outlook on both the ECM and GFS a per ensembles. Hopefully a nice aperitif for winter.

GEFS Ensembles Chart

UK five days for Thursday next week to jinx things:

Gey Dreich the morn. 

Spot on about the tyres @Hairy Celt. Glad I've the winters on just for all the surface water.

Aye SS!

Ah hope we can get the full Top & Bottom Set for the Winter eh :D

Big Innes

Looking at the BBC weather for the nearest village to my location which is slightly less elevated has 13 hours of sleet and heavy snow from midnight tonight. of course I know it will probably just lash is down with cold rain, but hey you never know they could be right for once. :snowman-emoji::snowman-emoji:

Posted
5 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

The guy who invented (and it wouldn't be a woman) the leaf blower would stand to get the opposite of the Nobel Prize for Usefulness. Just wtf is the fkn point?? C'mon, someone, tell me why it's a good idea to use fuel on blowing leaves around.

I’ve always thought they were to blow leaves from your garden into your neighbours.:D

Posted

Evening all,

Maybe I should do my snowfall predictions again, that went so well last winter. :oops:

Anyway, having waited 6 years for a snowfall and finally getting one back in January I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this winter delivers...nothing more than a hunch, mind.

I reckon Sawel (I think that’s the name of the poster who lives pretty high up in Dundee) and Norrance may see some snow tomorrow. I might see a few flakes but that would be all. Heading up to Fort William on Friday so should be interesting!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Glenshee just now. Looks quite heavy. Coming to lower levels soon.

http://localapps.pkc.gov.uk/RoadsCameraImages/default.aspx?CameraImage=8781_cam1.jpg

Edited by Norrance
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, Norrance said:

Glenshee just now. Looks quite heavy. Coming to lower levels soon.

http://localapps.pkc.gov.uk/RoadsCameraImages/default.aspx?CameraImage=8781_cam1.jpg

Traffic Scotland cameras on the A9 are showing snow now too. Early start for me tomorrow - see what the run south looks like ;)

YESSSSSSSS. well the move paid off as ive woken this morning to my first proper Scottish SNAW!! not massive amounts but enough to cover everything white. anybody else had any luck over night?

22 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

I see the ECM has gone from hero to zero in the longer term. Nonsense model anyway....

yep the prams are at the ready. the usual suspects are loading the toys in ready for the official first toys out of pram session of the season. I kind of feel like I should go in and say "its not all that bad as some of us have woken to snow this morning" but I fear that may push the Prozac panic button for the many in there..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snow
1 hour ago, More Snow said:

YESSSSSSSS. well the move paid off as ive woken this morning to my first proper Scottish SNAW!! not massive amounts but enough to cover everything white. anybody else had any luck over night?

Hahaha nothing better than wakening up to a covering on snow,we have a wee bit here as well.Chuffed you didn’t have to wait to long to get some snow fall,long may it continue 

• Like 2

Posted

Snowing here at the coast but not managing to lie, still it's lovely to watch

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

A covering of snow here and currently snowing heavily :)

• Like 8

Posted

Been snowing here for last hour and really quite heavy now.  After my inittial dissapointment that it wasn't lying, I'm happy to say that everything is now white even at close proximity to the sea

• Like 7

Posted

Thought I'd jump into the forum and rectify this message I received - "Oh No! You're not an Active Member". I hope this coming winter gives us all plenty of reason to post :)

Great to see some snow pics already. Just lashing rain here so far - a week to forget to be honest! 

Fingers crossed for some interest soon!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

What snow???? :unknw: We had a downpour of thick rain early this morning and that's been it! Some parts of the island have a nice coating, but only the mountains where I am have anything on them. Pretty Baltic though, temp down to -0.3c last night and struggling to get above 3c today. Looks bonnie though. :cold:

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Yes now moderate snowfall and we are  properly white for the first time this autumn.PB230907.thumb.JPG.e47ed1e7dc98a1c173571cd33fbaa183.JPG

Crikey, that’s many winters worth of accumulation for me. ;-)

No snow here but a welcome return to sunny skies!

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 2