Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Hi Folks,

Just had a lengthy blast of hailstones here and it turned everything white in seconds, still lying on the grass but melting on the road..............still it's a start. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
9 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

3C and a very slight sleetiness in the showers. There's at least 7 gritters parked up in Inverness - perhaps no-one bought any salt yet.

• Like 1

Posted

I said earlier that November is my least favourite month of the year, meteorologically speaking. Well so far this November has been great, with plenty of sunshine and crisp days. Same again today with blue skies and sun, 8c in a cool breeze. Forecast for the weekend here looks very good too! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
58 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

I said earlier that November is my least favourite month of the year, meteorologically speaking. Well so far this November has been great, with plenty of sunshine and crisp days. Same again today with blue skies and sun, 8c in a cool breeze. Forecast for the weekend here looks very good too! 

It's been another odd autumn!  Much of October was so mild it didn't really feel like October, and now November is feeling like October, but darker - and getting progressively more wintry.  I've always thought that autumns and springs are more compressed this far north, but now I'm beginning to just take each year as it comes as the seasons are becoming more muddled.

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Agree, HC. I've lived deep in the country for most of my 68 years and the seasons and weather are def getting more odd as the years go on. Either that or I am.

Or maybe both. :rofl:

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Had a couple of decent car scraping frost this week and this morning I drove through a biblically heavy shower up near Fraserburgh. With a temp of around 2c at the time it was a real mix of everything from rain, to hail, to wet snow that was lying in a thin slushy layer on the road. I'm calling it my first snow of the season, even if it was short lived and just barely snow. 

• Like 5

Posted

Lovely clear, crisp and frosty blue-sky morning. No breeze to speak of. According to Edzell Castle Pleasance weather station the temp is 5C. It feels a touch chillier than that tho’ on the early morning dog walk.

A wee flock of Redwings around.

Posted

Better start to the day with less wind and showers although cold at 2c with a ground frost coming in with sunrise. Hills round the Firth are now white down to  a 1000feet making it look very wintry.Scattered snow showers to the north are bathed in pink light from the sunrise.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Aye, another decent frost here; still lingering as the frost hollow around my house really starts to kick in. Sun just getting too low now; only really breaks into the garden at the peak of the day due to surrounding woods.

As for early snaw...

You can forget that; I fitted the winter tyre alloys yesterday. 

Well, SE borders is jinxed at least.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
7 hours ago, scottish skier said:

You can forget that; I fitted the winter tyre alloys yesterday. 

Get them aff!.......(erm... the tyres...obviously!):smile:

Posted

Looks like snow possibly  falling on the M74 at Beattock for the first time this season :cold:

Edited by Ross B

Posted

Sunny start again! Not frosty though. Temperature fell to -1c yesterday evening but then rose through the night. +4c first thing this morning. Looks like another good day for getting out for a walk.

• Like 1

Very windy this morning, was woken at 5am by a hail shower hitting the windows. showers still coming thru here and a right old mix to them. BBC has me down for snow tomorrow afternoon so I shall wait and see. one thing for sure is its cold even the dog didn't want to stay out this morning lol..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Another wee frost the morn.

I even have my first sleet symbol from the met for tomorrow. Could see something wintry up Soutra.

Some rather blocked charts emerging in medium term. Greenie highs? :shok:

Edited by scottish skier

Just had a brilliant hail shower that covered everything white. some really hefty showers coming thru at the moment and we seem to be on the edge of most of them so some where near me has got a right pasting I guess.

Posted

Been away the last couple of nights, have missed a wee bit of snow it seems, some patches of thin cover left in the garden. Stunning blue skies while coming up the a9, bit cloudier here. Can see my breath in the house so the fire is going on pronto. 1.5c

Posted

Some of the frost didn't lift from well sheltered parts on the street. Soon as the sun sets kiblamo. Going to be a cold one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Might get a wee surprise tomorrow (albeit very brief) of some snow on the leading edge of the front.