Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:29, Hairy Celt said:

Christ what does it take to get rid of the idiot?

Erm, the weather's ok I suppose today. Taking a short breather from wood splitting, old style.

Seems like we're stuck with the clot.

Sunny spells today and quite mild.  Still splitting wood. I'll probably still be splitting wood when scatter cushion Johnson gets the elbow.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Sunshineandshowers84 said:

Major squall just passing through Glasgow some hail in it.. Turned out nice after this mornings front cleared aswell..

That was a short/sharp nasty little burst just went through here

Posted

I'm adjusting to Scottish weather today. :)

A consistent 15 C this afternoon, little wind, and a few nice ? lenticular clouds around.

• Like 1

Looks like Ophelia could bring some fun and games early next week.. still to far off to know exactly what is going to happen but on tonight's bbc weather they showed it as hitting us with some strong winds and lots of rain. my first storm since moving to Scotland so actually looking forward to it and seeing some real weather action.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Ooooo Ophelia is looking interesting... Still miles off, but considering she's stronger than forecast already, anything could happen! Watching and waiting for every run 

• Like 1

Posted

Just for info I put this in the seasonal forecast thread;

I think the chances of heavy snow this winter are very high especially on the hills of Scotland.Why because a few weeks ago Glencoe Mountain anounced that they were going to  raise hundreds of thousands of pounds to buy a Snow Factory capable of making hundreds of tonnes of snow at up to 25c to give them at least one run of snow throughout the season from Ist December to Ist May after last years lack of snow .The news in the last day that Cairngorm Mountain is also going to trial a Snow Factory for December and January now confirms that at least the Mountains of Scotland will get dumped on by the weather snow  gods.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Anything but chilly here this morning with a temperature of over 17C at 8am. A bit cloudy and breezy with it. 

Posted
11 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Anything but chilly here this morning with a temperature of over 17C at 8am. A bit cloudy and breezy with it. 

16C here, breezy too, from the SW. Leaden sky and there has been a spit in the air.

Non weather related and a moan - Doggie had her first "staging" following her treatment, yesterday ( all's well ) :), but it took 75mins to reach Fife from Roslin via the new bridge.

And how dark the evenings are now. The next major event for me is the winter solstice.

Posted

Like some sort of mini squall going through us right now. Getting wild

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!
Just now, NUT said:

Like some sort of mini squall going through us right now. Getting wild

Aye just passed over about 5 minutes ago, miserable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Such a rapid change to the weather in Lochaber today. Started dreadfully wet, low cloud and was so till late morning. I went inside to drip for a bit, when I came back out it was dry and by 3pm it was gloriously sunny and very breezy. The weather changes, yes, but this was so dramatic.

Posted

Mild here in Fife with total cloud cover. A wee bit smurr in the air at times. Typical, aurora kicking off!

Worth a peek out if you have clear skies.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Horrible dull grey drizzly yuk up here. :girl_devil:  I really really need some sweeties..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Hmmm, Ophelia seems to have gained strength.

Posted
4 hours ago, NorthernRab said:

Hmmm, Ophelia seems to have gained strength.

Im flying from Glasgow on Tuesday morning which is worrying me , hopefully it blows through on Monday 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

We're just back from a week in Cornwall (St Ives my home town). Quite shocked by the temperature difference. Have spent a week in t'shirts, been kicking the duvet off in the night,  hubby and son went surfing and reported that the sea was warm. Walked into our house this evening and promptly put the heating on. 

DSC_0753.JPG

DSC_0797.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

So, work finished for the season, just back from a weeks holiday in Whisky country where we had great weather for the whole week. It only rained at night! But today we've already had gusts of 49.4mph and the temp outside is a ridiculous 16.1c. Is this Ophelia or has she still to make landing? Weather forecasts say we'll  get very little in the way of wind tomorrow, but yet another says we will! Welcome to confused.com! Guess I'll just have to wait and see.....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Strange watching a big storm coming in and Scotland not being in the firing line!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

A truly dreich day here, although temp is just 7.2c. Rainy, dark and miserable and also dead calm. I expect a wee blaw later in the day, but nothing as severe as Ireland will be getting. Just hope everyone over there stays safe.