Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes noticed here at my location that the forecasts haven't been good over the past few weeks. I'm up in Strontion in 4 weeks and counting..:)

Edited by Polar Maritime
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Hmm, tomorrow's forecast is a bright start with possible showers later.  So what should I expect?  Donuts and hotdogs followed by a shower of tomato ketchup....

Posted

Last night forecast for my area was dry,  at 6.00 am this morning it was very showery from midday and now for the afternoon it is dry. Good job ignored the  early  morning one and turned some of the straw  this morning. Grr!!!! Nowcasting is the thing to do although there are some shower clouds developing now. Warm at 19c

Posted
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Last night forecast for my area was dry,  at 6.00 am this morning it was very showery from midday and now for the afternoon it is dry. Good job ignored the  early  morning one and turned some of the straw  this morning. Grr!!!! Nowcasting is the thing to do although there are some shower clouds developing now. Warm at 19c

Line  of showers on either side of us now, so far we are in the dry slot and round baler working in straw.

• Like 1

Posted

Has been a lovely actually a pretty warm day again but cloud and breeze are increasing and rain isn't that far away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Very nice here as well, quite breezy and cloudy but nice.

Posted
24 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Very nice here as well, quite breezy and cloudy but nice.

and here too apart from a short, sharp shower of ketchup at about 3.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Pretty warm and quite hot in the sun here today with light winds and temp rising to 21-22'C :) 

Posted
4 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Line  of showers on either side of us now, so far we are in the dry slot and round baler working in straw.

Finally got a heavy shower about an hour later with a further heavy burst about two  hours ago.About one third of field baled mostly the hardest areas to dry again round the outside and next to a wood so thats the positive. Should dry quickly again in the right conditions.Sunday onwards looks better with a breeze which should aid drying if there are not too many showers.Calm,  damp and currently 16.5c.

• Like 1

Posted

Spot on forecast for today WET!!!!     Combines forlornly parked up in half cut fields.

Can"t wait for autumn to start maybe it will be less humid with a few dry days in a row occasionaly. Currently raining calm and 17c

Posted

Part of the A832 between Gorstan and Achnasheen has been washed away by torrential downpours which passed over the area early on Friday evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
On 19/08/2017 at 19:50, More Snow said:

good evening everybody, I have been trying to make the move to Scotland for almost a year now and yesterday I made the 8 hour drive from Matlock Derbyshire to look at a house out on its own between Rothienorman and Turrif... its 150m above sea level and given its rural location I'm hopeful this will during winter months provide me with the snow fix I need, anybody know of this area and the chances for good snow during winter?? move date is still to be fixed but it should be first week of October or middle of October... I hope I can join you all in this thread during winter and summer to have some chats banter and plenty of fun..

At last, you seem to have been around most of Scotland in your search for a house. Sounds like a reasonable chance for snow in that area if we get a decent winter. You should be able to catch anything coming in from the NW through to the East, much like me. 

Edited by Ravelin

7 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

At last, you seem to have been around most of Scotland in your search for a house. Sounds like a reasonable chance for snow if we get a decent winter. You should be able to catch anything coming in from the NW through to the East, much like me. 

Yeah I sure have put some miles in. did a bit more digging and its actually 162m asl.. those extra 12m could make all the difference..:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme
27 minutes ago, More Snow said:

Yeah I sure have put some miles in. did a bit more digging and its actually 162m asl.. those extra 12m could make all the difference..:D

With regard to snowfall 162 m in Aberdeenshire is probably as good as 350m down here in Derbyshire. Good luck with the move.

Posted

Hammered down yesterday evening, steady rain through the night and slowly eased off in the last couple of hours. No more ketchup forecast today.

Posted
33 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Hammered down yesterday evening, steady rain through the night and slowly eased off in the last couple of hours. No more ketchup forecast today.

Just the same here with a few patches of blue sky now .Currently 17c.

Very Autumnal looking this morning with the fog and drizzle and nearly all the leaves on the  trees turning fast .Seems very early is the good weather in  spring the reason?

Posted

After a miserable day yesterday with heavy showers, it's lovely today. Good sunny spells and 20c. Out for a walk in Tentsmuir.

IMG_20170826_132432807.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Sun is shining with a blue sky and fresh wind.Grain is very soft so will be tomorrow before its dry enough to cut again. Currently 20c

Posted

Pity folk in coastal Texas just now. Flooding on that scale brings misery, disease, damage to farming, infrastructure, housing, just awful.

• Like 5

Posted

Yes Hairy, Terrible conditions.

Screenshot_20170828-130547.thumb.png.9367d90f49d50844de064be059846cff.png

Posted

Well another local forcast to bin supposed to be dry afternoon.Combines in area started about 1.00pm and all got rained off at 3.00pm. This is turning into a very catchy harvest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Not too hot, excitement of snow, a hoolie

Morning, the new Crossing is open, anyone going across today or tomorrow? The weather is looking fine for the ceremonies at the weekend, some local East Lothian Brownies have tickets for the Queensferry Experience, when pedestrians can walk across. Will it truly be wind proof and not close in high winds? http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=8398;sess= 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow
2 hours ago, Jo Farrow said:

Morning, the new Crossing is open, anyone going across today or tomorrow? The weather is looking fine for the ceremonies at the weekend, some local East Lothian Brownies have tickets for the Queensferry Experience, when pedestrians can walk across. Will it truly be wind proof and not close in high winds? http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=8398;sess= 

Being on holiday in Northumberland, had the pleasure to go past it on the choo choo for the first time yesterday as my mum and I went to Dunfermline for the day:

IMG_2312.thumb.JPG.a0f8a89fd21c229e9fd4a29a399ce107.JPG

View from the town itself

IMG_2244.thumb.JPG.6278bc81a250e6ae42b63957f2b06918.JPG

Was pretty cool and cloudy mind you, but albeit the odd shower or two, stayed fairly dry 

• Like 3