Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

We were in Haddington this morning and it was sunny and HOT - everybody was talking about the change from yesterday.

Posted

21 c here this afternoon for a while with a fresh breeze. Started harvest 2017 and combine now broken down, a second one on its way as very few have started spring sown crop. Perhaps taking it a couple of days early but had it tested this afternoon and its fine for quality so if other combine is OK will try to get another field this evening. Bad forecast for tomorrow is pushing us to get some under cover. Will put a photo up tonight .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

A *very* dark cloud to my N/NW just now, been slowly drifting past for a while and now getting slightly closer. Anyone in the NW suburbs of Glasgow or West Dunbartonshire able to confirm if they're getting hit? Sure I saw a bolt of lightning out the corner of my eye earlier too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms
20 minutes ago, Glaswegianblizzard said:

A *very* dark cloud to my N/NW just now, been slowly drifting past for a while and now getting slightly closer. Anyone in the NW suburbs of Glasgow or West Dunbartonshire able to confirm if they're getting hit? Sure I saw a bolt of lightning out the corner of my eye earlier too.

About  5-10 mins of heavy rain  and a bit gusty here in the trossachs no thunder and lightning  though

Posted
4 hours ago, Northernlights said:

21 c here this afternoon for a while with a fresh breeze. Started harvest 2017 and combine now broken down, a second one on its way as very few have started spring sown crop. Perhaps taking it a couple of days early but had it tested this afternoon and its fine for quality so if other combine is OK will try to get another field this evening. Bad forecast for tomorrow is pushing us to get some under cover. Will put a photo up tonight .

A more modern variety of barley being cut here P8170634.thumb.JPG.1b31be0f1b2e694572805df8a7a21c69.JPGwhich can be  ripe with the head  still  vertical and not hanging down. Still cutting as combine had several breakdowns earlier. Has passed the tests for quality so pleased about that.

• Like 7

Posted

Been a bit of a wet night and yep.................still raining. Not been a vintage august by any stretch of the imagination

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Lovely day yesterday with the temperature rising to nearly 21'C - felt quite hot in the sun at times. Today is a different story, but far from the washout that was forecast, so far anyway! Currently overcast and dry.

Posted

Probably the last photoP8170639.thumb.JPG.3480f4129f96ffdc7631e8bc94025439.JPG this season of the sunset to the north last night about 10.30pm.Managed to finish cutting second field at the same time. So when we got some torrential rain at 10.00am this morning felt we achieved something. Currently dull humid dry and 15c. No more harvesting for quite a few days if forecasts are correct.

• Like 1

good evening everybody, I have been trying to make the move to Scotland for almost a year now and yesterday I made the 8 hour drive from Matlock Derbyshire to look at a house out on its own between Rothienorman and Turrif... its 150m above sea level and given its rural location I'm hopeful this will during winter months provide me with the snow fix I need, anybody know of this area and the chances for good snow during winter?? move date is still to be fixed but it should be first week of October or middle of October... I hope I can join you all in this thread during winter and summer to have some chats banter and plenty of fun..

Edited by Guest

Posted

A few sharp showers today but some bright intervels. During these it was very noticeable that the trees are getting their autumn hues.

• Like 1

Posted

One for Hairy Celt. https://twitter.com/search?q=dog biscuits weather&src=typd&lang=en    Have seen this on few farmers twiitter feeds as this very changeable weather is starting to cause real harvesting problems A dull  dry humid day here and grass remained wet all day. 

Posted

Was 7C here this morning Harve. This is where the weather turns, and we get months of high pressure.....

Posted

Is actually a much nicer day here today than yesterday,  so the BBC got it wrong way round again. Been down to St Boswells on the bike and it was really nice. Not too hot, not too windy, not too cold - just perfect. Wee bit windier and cooler up here as usual but not a bad day at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

My phone app has been saying 80-100% thunderstorms for the whole night.

Interesting to see what transpires, unusual to see such a forecast for Glasgow though.

And well done to Celtic. Never in doubt...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Home again at last. Lovely weather they have in SE England, as @Blitzen is fond of rubbing our noses with (or however the words are supposed to be arranged). But little rain plus lots of people equals problems we don't have and don't want. Glad to be home, despite having to put a pullover on :cc_confused:

What's gone wrong with short range forecasts recently? They've been rubbish this summer. Latest example was warnings of heavy rain today - nah, nothing in most places. I used to trust forecasts for 'tomorrow' but starting to distrust them now.

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 5

Posted

A damp slightly  showery start to the day but dried and warmed up   ( 22c) this afternoon with a fresh breeze which allowed us  to bale straw from last week and snatch  another field this evening. with two combines P8220642.thumb.JPG.9ce307ef727aaa333721071bac19db60.JPGbefore the forecast thundery rain for tomorrow. I agree with Hairy Celt the short term 24 Hour forecasts have not been very accurate this summer

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 4

Posted

Looks like it it is about to kick off in Glasgow. I've seen several flashes to the south and the rumblings are getting more frequent. Cat has decided to go out and investigate...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
10 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Home again at last. Lovely weather they have in SE England, as @Blitzen is fond of rubbing our noses with (or however the words are supposed to be arranged). But little rain plus lots of people equals problems we don't have and don't want. Glad to be home, despite having to put a pullover on :cc_confused:

Your observational skills are indeed correct HC.   However, when I only get a two week break  due to family commitments plus the dog, I like to ensure that I at least get a two week dose of vitamin 'D' and cover the various shades of grey common to the Scottish population!:D

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted

Crap forecast again this morning.  No rain for here forecast till 13:00, then light rain.  Well it was hammering down when I looked out at 7:30 and has eased off in the last half hour.  This is the GFS stuff, and I pay for the cheapskate version - think I'll be asking for a refund!

• Like 2

Posted
5 hours ago, chemikal said:

Looks like it it is about to kick off in Glasgow. I've seen several flashes to the south and the rumblings are getting more frequent. Cat has decided to go out and investigate...

Our cats went out for a look last night too.  However they were after the church mice just up the road....

Posted

Heavy rain went through about 8am this morning. Didn't make for a pleasant commute. Now grey and muggy at 18c/17c. Ready to give up on this August now, it's been poor.