BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Looking like a rare rain free day. Lovely afternoon out there

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
13 minutes ago, NUT said:

Looking like a rare rain free day. Lovely afternoon out there

Yeah has cleared up here nicely too. Time to sit out with a cold beer. **slap** ok, cup of tea then...

Posted

Dull  cloudy start to the day at 9c.Last nights sunset was the first to look wintry with a northerly wind off the Firth and the tops of the cumulus clouds cominig in on that north wind coloured pink by the setting sun.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

Lovely day in Aberdeen 22c gentle sw breeze and good spells of sunshine shame tomorrow looks very different a summer that never really got going for many, and no signs it will heading through August those C-pac trade winds have really strengthened again and left the mjo hitting a brick wall, a huge high pressure in western Canada/USA has not helped in keeping the jet on its southerly course 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

I see on the model thread there's talk of possible gales towards the end of next week - very, very early for that kind of windstorm.

Posted

Wall-to-wall sunshine today. Temp during the afternoon 20C, now 16C, with a persistent gusty breeze which took the edge off the warmth.

Cleared the disease ridden potato patch today, and lifted quite a usable, if small, crop. Whatever has affected the shaws has not damaged the tubers - such as there were.

Achy back now, so off for a soak in the tub and a glass of red.

• Like 1

Posted

The sw wind bearing fruit again in Aberdeen a lovely 22c with mostly clear skies cooler air mass on the way for the weekend and nw winds but dry so not too bad.looks like an early autumn storm for later next week if models correct but probably being overcooked,well lets hopes so trees easily felled at this time of year in high winds..

Posted
4 minutes ago, drm said:

The sw wind bearing fruit again in Aberdeen a lovely 22c with mostly clear skies cooler air mass on the way for the weekend and nw winds but dry so not too bad.looks like an early autumn storm for later next week if models correct but probably being overcooked,well lets hopes so trees easily felled at this time of year in high winds..

There'd better not be a storm as I'm venturing out with a tent for the first time in far too long!

Posted

The track of the low looks like its southern england that bares the brunt of the winds whereas we seem to be ok for once 

Posted
3 hours ago, drm said:

The track of the low looks like its southern england that bares the brunt of the winds whereas we seem to be ok for once 

Obviously. That's where I'm taking my tent. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Obviously. That's where I'm taking my tent. :rolleyes:

Keep the winds down there my P.H.T. is bad enough with the barley nearly ripe and fairly showery weather forecast its not ripening fast. Cleaning sheds today for the grain and having problems with the water suupply from the well but seems to have rectified itself tonight .Currently 12c and cloudy.

Posted

Lovely sunny morning, strong sunshine but clouds building...

Posted
32 minutes ago, shuggee said:

Lovely sunny morning, strong sunshine but clouds building...

Same here  so started turning a batch of hay coming along nicely in sun and wind and then a heavy shower stopped play the story of the last four weeks trying to make hay. Seems the hay season is getting later and later as the years go by..

Posted

More showers this afternoon so hay still on hold .Accuracy of 24 hour local forecasts has been very poor this last month. Today was forecast to be dry all day yesterday and then changed to showers this morning. I suppose with being low pressure dominated this last month showers can spring up at almost anytime.

Posted

A relatively mild day, as the forecast predicted, with sunshine and showers. 20C this afternoon. Little wind.

View over Strathmore this afternoon.

Strathmore.thumb.jpg.90da5ed1ab82a10ac5a8fde6637527d3.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

It turned out warm and sunny between the showers today:

20170815_180300.thumb.jpg.373afd077507cea932b39f86585c560e.jpg20170815_180944.thumb.jpg.a9372c7be747b78b043b83d1bd46117c.jpg

When can the snow chase start? 

Give the farmer a chance to harvest the crops in your photos especially with at least a shower every day. However even I feel the  high hills will see snow before the end of September given how cool it is now.

• Like 1

Posted

Had a lot of heavy rain last night (and this morning) today was OK just a few pokey showers but not the washout that was expected. Tomorrow (Wednesday) looks wet again though again clearing to showers eventually

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

I'd love to see some rainfall stats for the last couple of months for the Glasgow area. Bordering on ridiculous now.

Posted

.Snatched a good batch of hay today in spite of some big drops of rain.The strong  warm south wind  (no sunshine) really made it after an almost dry day yesterday.Young Mr. Northernlights just has two more bundles to take in so should be finished before it is totally dark. A very satisfying day. Currently  dull 15.5c and breezy.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted

Been AWOL for a short time. Got some good walking in around Glen Nevis last weekend. Weather was so so but at least the midges weren't prolific!

The last few days have been indifferent back home, which for me is the story of the summer as a whole. Not awful, but most stats sit just the wrong side of average.

Pleasant day today here in St Andrews. 20c under mostly sunny skies.

Edited by Hawesy
  • Like 1