Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

Anyone know if Scotland will see any thunderstorms tomorrow? I asked in the storm forum but can't get a answer as all the talk is about  England and the SE :closedeyes::nonono::D

• Like 1

Posted
51 minutes ago, Stormeh said:

Anyone know if Scotland will see any thunderstorms tomorrow? I asked in the storm forum but can't get a answer as all the talk is about  England and the SE :closedeyes::nonono::D

yes Some parts of Scotland but better waiting tell tomorrow  

• Like 1

Posted

Another lovely day with blue skies and sunshine. The easterly breeze knocked temperatures back several degrees from yesterday but still touched 21c in Dundee, 19c in Leuchars.

• Like 2

Posted

One beautiful warm day here. Wall to wall sunshine, still 20+C and the annoying wind of earlier has dropped.

It's funny that in Scotland, ( for me anyway), one proper summer's day can wipe out all the former weather blues.

It's the first day this summer I have been out and about without wearing a cardy. :yahoo:

Edited by ciel
  • Like 2

Posted
9 hours ago, Stuart said:

yes Some parts of Scotland but better waiting tell tomorrow  

Very stuffy night not sleeping.   Hay all in under cover by 1.00am this morning. Just thinking  is history going to repeat itself a year ago today we had big thunderstoms up here .

Posted
3 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Very stuffy night not sleeping.   Hay all in under cover by 1.00am this morning. Just thinking  is history going to repeat itself a year ago today we had big thunderstoms up here .

Yep what a night that was! I was on holiday in Aviemore, I have never witnessed a storm as big as this in Scotland. I got some good video and pics from that night.

IMG_6233.thumb.JPG.2d8724f07184b65ac7bbd4c825ca8b90.JPGIMG_6234.thumb.JPG.99cdd5b5589aabca98d9af79c790b9f9.JPGIMG_6235.thumb.JPG.081caa10c8a25a1e002008fc45b0940e.JPGIMG_6237.thumb.JPG.96959139b7a52323c669b7521a95a7b0.JPG

I hope somewhere in Scotland will see something similar later but I doubt it :closedeyes::):D

IMG_6236.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Cloudy, breezy and a lot cooler, with temps in the mid teens. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Posted
4 hours ago, Stormeh said:

Yep what a night that was! I was on holiday in Aviemore, I have never witnessed a storm as big as this in Scotland. I got some good video and pics from that night.

IMG_6233.thumb.JPG.2d8724f07184b65ac7bbd4c825ca8b90.JPGIMG_6234.thumb.JPG.99cdd5b5589aabca98d9af79c790b9f9.JPGIMG_6235.thumb.JPG.081caa10c8a25a1e002008fc45b0940e.JPGIMG_6237.thumb.JPG.96959139b7a52323c669b7521a95a7b0.JPG

I hope somewhere in Scotland will see something similar later but I doubt it :closedeyes::):D

IMG_6236.JPG

Yes I see they are quoting 28000 strikes on the home page there were 44000  strikes overnight  last year  from that storm.Still very hot and windy here currently  24c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Same here Catch, fire went on this morning, thermometer reading 14c here.

Posted

Finally got rain (albeit not thundery) was never going to be to be honest just didn't look like we had the energy up here today

Posted
3 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Easterly breeze with a very cool, cloudy feel at 15C. I am considering sparking up the fire as this house gets very cold in an easterly :laugh: 

Had I still been living in Crail I would have been doing the same! Looking forward to the rain just to break the cool dreary eastern monotony. Leuchars has reported 15c for the last 13 consecutive hours :D http://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/weather/current/EGQL.html

Posted

Coud rolled in from the east about 6.00pm so very dark and now a cooler 16c

Posted

Little storm out in the North Sea which might have my name on it.

Edited by howham

Posted

Heavy rain and thunder in Peterculter, 8 miles inland from Aberdeen.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
2 hours ago, Kerwin said:

Heavy rain and thunder in Peterculter, 8 miles inland from Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, howham said:

Yes, thunder and lightning by the Harbour.

Drove through some torrential stuff on the A96 on my way to work this morning. I counted at least 4 flashes of lightning, didn't see any directly though as the cloud/rain was obscuring everything.

Posted
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

What a crap morning after a few lovely days :(

Not quite as grim as yesterday here, even saw a glimpse of the sun earlier. Still predominantly cool and cloudy though.

Unfortunately the weekend forecast is poor which is not ideal as I have family visiting. It's been a summer to forget thus far, aside from a few fine days.

Edited by Hawesy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
44 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Not quite as grim as yesterday here, even saw a glimpse of the sun earlier. Still predominantly cool and cloudy though.

Unfortunately the weekend forecast is poor which is not ideal as I have family visiting. It's been a summer to forget thus far, aside from a few fine days.

be quite happy with a crap weekend so i can finish watching the TdF then sunshine back next week.  and it looks like i may get my wish....:clap:

Posted

Well that was an interesting walk to work this morning! Been a while since I was last out in thunder & lightning. Fortunately made it to work just in time before the deluge literally seconds after I got in!

• Like 1

Posted

Thunderstorm to my south :D

IMG_6391.JPG

• Like 1

Posted

I seen a dark looking sky southwest to me earlier but thought nothing of it. There was a light shower this evening here. I drove round the corner and went from a wet road to major surface spray so missed out on a downpour yet street behind me didn't..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
16 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Forecast temps >20C for 4 consecutive days starting Monday?? Wtf?

Now out to 5 days (just). Eggstwordinaiwee, as the neighbours would say. (I must move.)

Today was nice, warm and breezy.