Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Was wet last night and this morniing. Has gone but looks like a smaller lighter patch going to come through

• Like 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, Norrance said:

10.5C. A cold Easterly off the North Sea and steady, sometimes heavy rain. Middle of a mid-Summer day!

Yep, wet cold and miserable about sums it up. Grim!

• Like 1

Posted
15 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

We visit Rum and Eigg for the first time,

Enjoy your visit, HC. I'm quite envious. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Very cloudy here but it has at least managed to stay largely dry so far. Temp sat at a fairly consistent 11C, whoop de do.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms
1 hour ago, Ravelin said:

Very cloudy here but it has at least managed to stay largely dry so far. Temp sat at a fairly consistent 11C, whoop de do.

If only we could manage those sort of temperatures at Christmas  it would feel more seasonal  than the last few 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
6 hours ago, ciel said:

Enjoy your visit, HC. I'm quite envious. :)

Ta, I'll take care not to muck about too much....

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Ta, I'll take care not to muck about too much....

A few years back, I paid a day visit to Eig and Muck, leaving from Arisaig. It was a gorgeous sail and great weather. Rum was not on the itinerary as it did have quite protected and restricted access, I believe. 

Is you visit purely recreational?

Posted
5 minutes ago, ciel said:

A few years back, I paid a day visit to Eig and Muck, leaving from Arisaig. It was a gorgeous sail and great weather. Rum was not on the itinerary as it did have quite protected and restricted access, I believe. 

Is you visit purely recreational?

Must have been quite a few years ago then - there's been open access to Rum for ages.  @skifreak can possibly enlighten us... Eigg was privately owned and mismanaged but has been owned by the community for 20 years now - they had an anniversary celebration quite recently.

Yes, just recreational. I was offered work there a few years ago, then had the offer withdrawn at the last minute...

Posted
9 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Must have been quite a few years ago then

Checking back old photos - 2008 - part of a camping hol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Blinkin awful day yesterday...

unless you like wall to wall driech wet weather, that is.

And a tad chilly for end of June, think we reached about 12c... Brrr

Better today for us..... But all downhill later and a virtual repeat of yesterday for Thursday...

Never mind...kids are stopping for their Summer holidays .... Weathers bound to improve,eh?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Aye, I have (too) many fond memories of being stuck in  multi-storey flat during the Edinburgh Trades with two whiny bored kids and a ratty shouty husband, looking out the window at 50mph gales and torrential rain... I wonder why I didn't emigrate!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Whilst folk on the Mod having being waxing lyrical about heatwaves and long settled spells... This is what I see.

image.thumb.png.586bfa3fbf4c42d9c142ead99c26c11e.png

Now, occasionally a wee day with a sunny interval will pop up.... Only for it to disappear when I look later on!!

Im not suggesting for one minute that Summers over etc.... But it does have a certain look about it already.

How I long for Summers gone by when we actually got a few weeks( yes folks, weeks!) of sunny weather.... Nowadays I'd be grateful if I could just get a spell of dry, sunny  and early 20s....sigh

• Like 2

Posted

Chilly, mostly grey skies,12C and a NE breeze, but I see a blink of sun at the mo and so I'm off for a walk.

Still trying to shake off extreme lethargy and fatigue following a nasty bug.

• Like 1

Posted
37 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Has it gone all surreal and pinky purple outside at yours? First spots of rain in the air and the sky is announcing its arrival in some style:

No filters.

20170628_220029.thumb.jpg.baa887cb9bb55b19aed94092793a215d.jpg20170628_220058.thumb.jpg.05ad0ac2e47e3ccea982aed96d44a57a.jpg

YES! really odd light and we were standing looking at the sky, then it just vanished and went grey. CREEEEPY!

Posted
27 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Has it gone all surreal and pinky purple outside at yours? First spots of rain in the air and the sky is announcing its arrival in some style:

No filters.

20170628_220029.thumb.jpg.baa887cb9bb55b19aed94092793a215d.jpg20170628_220058.thumb.jpg.05ad0ac2e47e3ccea982aed96d44a57a.jpg

Never seen that. Very odd. Just went depressingly grey at tea time. Could stay up all night watching the radar but it's not quite like watching approaching snow... so bed's a better option now.

• Like 1

Posted

I've seen the sky go an odd orangey tinge in winter before heavy snow, but last night was mauve/pink and strange. Very very mauvey/pink and then suddenly gone. 10C and depressing as hell this morning. Cat had more sense and stayed in bed.

Posted

Only just starting to drizzle now.... summer of luuurv, how we luuurv the summery weather. :blink2:

hmmm I see CMD is on the same lines. cept maybe 12 hours ahead. Good job I didn't stay up lamp post watching last night, I'd still be sat here - and the bottle would be nearly empty by now :drunk::bad:

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

Today's arrived just in time to be honest! I was due a reminder of how pish the weather can get in this country! 

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 1

Posted

2nd thursday this month that we've had a complete drenching

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Wet, cold, bleugh!

Posted

Am I the only one who is happy with the rain as after a week of drying winds the ground was getting very dry again.The turnip field is next to the farmhouse so when I looked out this morning the turnips were smiling in the rain.

Speaking to a neighbour today who backed up my dry story as he said its been an easy year so far  to keep on top of the weeds in the garden. Cool though at 10c

Posted
2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Am I the only one who is happy with the rain as after a week of drying winds the ground was getting very dry again.The turnip field is next to the farmhouse so when I looked out this morning the turnips were smiling in the rain.

Speaking to a neighbour today who backed up my dry story as he said its been an easy year so far  to keep on top of the weeds in the garden. Cool though at 10c

The garden here was dry in May - if I'd not been out with the hose, lots of small plants would have struggled to get going, or even germinate.  June has been quite different though, much cooler and wetter, I'd almost say typical. The hose hasn't been touched all month.

What will July bring? Some warmth at least, would be welcome - I'm noticing tomato plants - unheated greenhouse - are slowing down now and fruit not growing or ripening as hoped. Outside, courgettes and runner beans are festering. Greens, broad beans and potatoes don't seem to care.

• Like 1