Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

A degree cooler than yesterday at 24c for a max. No complaints though! A wonderful weekend! 

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely growing day again sunny intervels a fresh breeze and a maximum of 21c. Great view to the north just now of the lingering twilightP6180559.thumb.JPG.fe974ff67276f67b7da74821bc5bd35b.JPG currently16c.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
11 hours ago, Hawesy said:

A degree cooler than yesterday at 24c for a max. No complaints though! A wonderful weekend! 

Same here, a mostly sunny weekend with temps in the low to mid 20s. Helping ripen my gooseberries nicely, and even one or two of the raspberries are starting to turn red already.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Agreed with NL about good growing weather over the weekend although we got minimal blue sky or sunshine, and some light and patchy rain both days. Maxed at 19C yesterday and pretty much full cloud cover.

Hammering down this morning, inevitable after I hosed the veg last night.

One of my favourites from yesterday - the colour of winter sky, in summer. 594791b74cefa_delphs1.thumb.jpg.0d460b6b68ecc72b367bfe7a44094326.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Absolutely beautiful morning to follow a fantastic, mostly sunny, weekend. Spent most of the weekend thinking that the low to mid 20's is just about perfect. I've no real interest in 30c+ heat...

...arrive in work this morning to the news that I have to be in Phoenix the 2nd week in July. Temps there are currently pushing 50c and the average is around 43c. I normally enjoy my work trips but I'm feeling less than enthusiast about this one LOL

• Like 3

Posted
29 minutes ago, 101_North said:

Absolutely beautiful morning to follow a fantastic, mostly sunny, weekend. Spent most of the weekend thinking that the low to mid 20's is just about perfect. I've no real interest in 30c+ heat...

...arrive in work this morning to the news that I have to be in Phoenix the 2nd week in July. Temps there are currently pushing 50c and the average is around 43c. I normally enjoy my work trips but I'm feeling less than enthusiast about this one LOL

Phoenix Arizona? Hmm, yeah, does get hot there according to young HC. Temps that make your body - and mind - do strange things...

Posted

The sun making more of a appearance today thankfully pretty warm too should cool off a bit tomorrow before another pulse on Wednesday but that brings rain and with it probably being humid hopefully a grumbly day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Well we seem to be missing out on the fine sunny weather after a wet morning its a bit dryer and brighter now and we have reached the dizzy heights of 13.6C.  Will did get a nice sunset last night though, enclosed picture doesn't really do it justice as I missed the best part by about 5 mins

Rheanbreck 18 June 2017.jpg

• Like 1

Posted

All of a sudden seemingly from nothing really seems to feel a little cooler. No idea where the cold front is but feeling cooler

Posted

Cool start to the day at 10c with drizzly rain with some heavier bursts mixed in. Now sunny and warm at 20c. Crops loving it especially turnipsP6190561.thumb.JPG.bce442a6e62d775b46b886eab50b7764.JPG

Boris on duty in top  right hand corner making a good job of scaring the pigeons.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, NUT said:

All of a sudden seemingly from nothing really seems to feel a little cooler. No idea where the cold front is but feeling cooler

Wind switched from West to east here this afternoon. Temperature dropped from 23c to 16c in an hour!

Posted

Evening\Morning all, aside from the odd day here and there been no bad thus, but 3 weeks in Murcia coming up.

Sunset this evening was fantastic, been a few of these as well over the last month or so.

19399446_10154747553785829_318806257471023612_n.thumb.jpg.f7102fe986d7153403f7fdfc9f4157e4.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Clearest afternoon of this spell. Pretty warm but probably cooler than it was before that cold front yesterday. All change tomorrow though...................

Posted

Cracking afternoon/evening so it has been and nice heat too. Feels fresh now this evening before this Warm Front comes over us. Talk or Thundery Rain perhaps a Trough catching the Warm Front otherwise it will be the usual cloudy and drizzly affair..

Posted
2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Wet here and 12c.

A wee spattering here an hour ago but hoping for a bit more action later. Forecast to reach 22C although thaat seems unlikely, currently 16C under full cloud. Feeling somewhat humid.  Cats are refusing to issue forecasts today: they got Friday's chicken for breakfast, eaten reluctantly and now they're in perpetual wash mode.

• Like 1

Posted

Humid here too at 19c with sunny periods.Secured some nice silage yesterday.Young Mr Northernlights taking it in till midnight and finishing it off this morning.His parents deserted him last night to see Status Quo (thank you Aurora Storm for my Birthday present tickets) in Inverness last night.Wonderful sunset on way home and music very good too.

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Humid here too at 19c with sunny periods.Secured some nice silage yesterday.Young Mr Northernlights taking it in till midnight and finishing it off this morning.His parents deserted him last night to see Status Quo (thank you Aurora Storm for my Birthday present tickets) in Inverness last night.Wonderful sunset on way home and music very good too.

Lol. Somehow, Ms HC didn't find out about the SQ thing... :smile:

• Like 1

Posted

I'm not seeing any flashes on the radar just now, apart from way off the coast from Berwick, which seems at odds with the modelled distribution.  It feels like something's brewing, but maybe that's just me wishing...

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

I'm not seeing any flashes on the radar just now, apart from way off the coast from Berwick, which seems at odds with the modelled distribution.  It feels like something's brewing, but maybe that's just me wishing...

so much Energy up there just a waiting game and see if it go  

• Like 1

Posted

We've had the rain here (this morning's stuff) but not quite getting the sun yet that could maybe limit things? I don't know but if it does go off this afternoon might well be pretty nasty

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Sitting here' you'd not think that parts of the UK are potentially going to hit record temps today. A max of 14.9C so far in Dyce and unlikely to top that as it's currently cloudy.

Posted

Very humid now looks as though it will go bang later with  lightning on the radar to the west heading towards us. Currently 22c

• Like 1

Posted

Getting awfully gloomy now. One of the cats has got up on the shed roof and is prowling around, making silly noises - definite sign of something electric! :blink2:

• Like 1