Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

So the control run of the 00z GFS upto 17ºc 850hpa temps for Aberdeen...? That will be like the 384hour Easterly in winter!

Posted

Belter of a day a few clouds but mostly sunny easily going to be the best day of the week

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
1 hour ago, NUT said:

Belter of a day a few clouds but mostly sunny easily going to be the best day of the week

Same here. Warm and sunny.  Not quite a bare torso day yet, but if you hear my neighbour scream...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
3 hours ago, skifreak said:

So the control run of the 00z GFS upto 17ºc 850hpa temps for Aberdeen...? That will be like the 384hour Easterly in winter!

Saw that this morning and thought "naw, nae chance". That'd be 'serious risk of death' in this office if that came off.

In the meantime it's a decent day up here. Cloudless blue skies, sunshine and 17C when I was out at lunchtime. Breeze makes it feel a bit cooler though nothing to moan about.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Been one of the hottest days we've had here. Weather station seems to have died  of heatstroke or amazement so I dono how hot it was, but I lasted about 20 mins then came in to sit in front of my fan.

Posted

Back to Ruth Davidson weather. Bleugh. Should be grateful for what we've got. ©thenasties

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

The rain don't look like it's too far away from here

Posted

After a warm, humid and overcast start to the day, it's now warm, humid and more or less sunny.  Temp a very pleasant 18C with a gentle breeze from the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,high winds, thunderstorms, extreme weather

Good afternoon everyone, first time poster. A nicer enough day so far up here in the Highlands and pleasantly warm in the sun. This picture is looking south towards the Mountains of Easter Ross.

Rheanbreck 2 June 2017.jpg

• Like 5

Posted

Great day again saw a field of spring barley at awn emergence below us three weeks early. Fantastic growth an early harvest beckons a long time since we have had such conditions although I  have just seen some signs of drought again today and forecast rain will be very welcome.  Birds in garden with lots of young are emptying the feeder every day so insect life is obviously scarse.

Some fantastic sunsets again to the north20170602_213213.thumb.jpg.550947d6c72e8b282f9b434451d5ff56.jpg and the swifts are screaming around the house again..Currently 10.5c

Edited by Northernlights
  • Like 2

Posted
20 hours ago, Halfamilefromnowhere said:

Good afternoon everyone, first time poster. A nicer enough day so far up here in the Highlands and pleasantly warm in the sun. This picture is looking south towards the Mountains of Easter Ross.

Rheanbreck 2 June 2017.jpg

Hello, halfamilefromnowhere. Or hello HAMFN? Welcome to the sometimes merry little band.  I think you can take the 'most northerly poster' armband off me.

Are those the two tops of Carn Chuinneag in the left of your picture?  I spent a few weeks working on the estate the other side of those, about 10 years ago.  Quite a distinctive profile. (which probably means I'm wrong...)

We have a lovely warm and sunny morning, now looking at heavy showers heading up from the SW.  There's a wedding on the beach here this afternoon which could be fun!

Posted

Best storm in years here currently. Lightning every 10  to 20 secs altho shrouded by rain so mostly flashes  and pea size hail. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

One flash and bang here so far too. Comes after a decent sunny morning in which we managed to check the bees and get the grass cut. Time to be lazy now the rain is on. 

Posted

Radar indicating an intense shower just now - well there's a mongoose-off big black cloud overhead but no rain.

Posted

Still got thunder rumbling around and had heavy hail for about 15 seconds. Amazing day

Posted

Had a quick look at lightningmaps.org - there seems to be a line of strikes from Inverness to Buckie.

A few also just to the north of me.

Posted

Yay we got rumblings now. Brumbumbumbum..... and flashflashflash and even a few big blobby splattings.

Wow, this is getting good!!!

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Yay we got rumblings now. Brumbumbumbum..... and flashflashflash and even a few big blobby splattings.

Wow, this is getting good!!!

Just seen a couple of big forked lightning flashes and some cracks of thunder . We are between two storms and they are very impressive looking. Going back 50 years this is  a very early start to the summer thunderstorm season  and the  forked lightning has replaced a lot of sheet lightning.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Northernlights said:

Just seen a couple of big forked lightning flashes and some cracks of thunder . We are between two storms and they are very impressive looking. Going back 50 years this is  a very early start to the summer thunderstorm season  and the  forked lightning has replaced a lot of sheet lightning.

lots  of thunder here but did not see much lightning but think it all gone now 

Posted

Another storm not long went through what a afternoon it's been

Posted

Got a lot brighter but still some thunder rumbling around now

Posted

More coming now - this looks like a bigger blob than last time.  There was a flash in the last lot that was right outside - flashflashbangbangbangthumpthumprumble, made us jump.

• Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, Stuart said:

maybe a new storm heading my way 

Yes another one rumbling away and heading closer . Very dark again. Currently 16c

• Like 1