Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

26c and very humid here.Can"t wait for the cool down.

• Like 1

Posted

Band of rain moving through here right now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

That's the advance party shaking the drops off their ponchos now, looks like another couple of hours before the tanks roll up.  Not as much whizzbang in there as was perhaps forecast - a proper storm would be welcome entertainment!

Posted

They took away our warning but we have a thunderstorm on the go now.

Posted

In lanark just now and distant thunder now getting close, skies getting very dark to south

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Last few days have been tropical.

Maxes back home were 27.5c on Thurs, yesterday a roasting 29c 

Today so so humid and hovering at 24c currently, was 26c earlier on.

Humid, cloudy and grey. I like this weather actually as the old drafty farmhouse never gets uncomfortable.

Whereas doing 9 hour shifts in an office with 100 + people and computers with NO A/C was a nightmare. Sweat was unreal. Conditions up in Stirling were within a degree of down here

Edited by SW Saltire
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Throwing it down with some thunder at the moment. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Don't usually pop in after snow season but wanted to take a peak as dropped kids to cub camp near Denny this morning and wondering how they'll all fair in view of the forecast. OH and myself have had a fab day so far,  stomped up Dumyat this morning and have a restaurant booked for later as cub camp has coincided with our wedding anniversary.  We've only had about 2 child free nights in the last 10 years so will not be amused if this one's scuppered by the weather. Hugely humid here in Falkirk,  feels like Cornwall. 

DSC_0208.JPG

Posted

*Looks at storms on radar and thinks 'come to daddy'*

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

There's loads of stuff south of me, west of me, and north of me. But here I am, with no rain and bright skies. Had some rain but didnt last long and road drying already. Hope I still get something ...

• Like 1

Posted

A few heavy showers this afternoon,  but only a handful of flashes and rumbles. hopefully a bit more interesting this evening.

Posted

Well that was underwhelming.  The ground is dry and there was no thunder.  I said to young HC (in town on hen do, don't ask), take yer coat. He didn't.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Lovely day here yesterday and although it clouded over a bit later in the afternoon (no rain) it stayed warm enough for shorts and t-shirts. We even dug out the patio chairs & table and had our first BBQ for a couple of years at least. Especially nice as my parents are visiting for the weekend and our oldest son popped over for the day too. 

16c this morning but looks like this might be the last of the warmth for a bit, although not looking awful either. 

• Like 1

Posted

Typical summer weather this morning - cool and grey.  If we could fix the weather, Scotland would be the best country on Earth, despite what Ruth Davidson says.

• Like 1

Posted

We had the heat, humidity and the inevitable bangs yesterday today so much more bareable a breeze but sunny again without the heat. Tomorrow looking pretty chilly though and quite wet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Oh well, back to normal. A dull, cloudy start to the day but dry, no wind and temps in the high teens. Looking at quite a mixed week ahead with no immediate return of the recent heat.

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

Oh well, back to normal. A dull, cloudy start to the day but dry, no wind and temps in the high teens. Looking at quite a mixed week ahead with no immediate return of the recent heat.

But the surge of growth that the heat created has been amazing,neeps sown and through the ground in 4 days and growth in grass and cereals of several inches in the last week

A May that reminds me of 1975 when a college friend who was a  member invited me to the Chelsea Flower Show .When I returned after a week away I was astounded by the growth on the farm. A lot of recent Mays have not nearly been so good for growth with cool damp conditions.

Currently dull and 12.5c

• Like 1

Posted

This morning was some contrast to a few days ago! Actually felt chilly early on! Dull and grey.

Cracking weather on Friday and the first BBQ of the year. Saturday was pleasant enough with one thundery, but short lived, downpour late afternoon. Yesterday was sunny and warm in the afternoon and a very nice day to be outside! 

Posted
1 hour ago, Northernlights said:

But the surge of growth that the heat created has been amazing,neeps sown and through the ground in 4 days and growth in grass and cereals of several inches in the last week

A May that reminds me of 1975 when a college friend who was a  member invited me to the Chelsea Flower Show .When I returned after a week away I was astounded by the growth on the farm. A lot of recent Mays have not nearly been so good for growth with cool damp conditions.

Currently dull and 12.5c

Surely not a political statement hidden in here?

Still grey and coolish this morning.  Blasted root flies are in the radishes too, little wretches spoiling my best crop in years.

Posted
34 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Surely not a political statement hidden in here?

Still grey and coolish this morning.  Blasted root flies are in the radishes too, little wretches spoiling my best crop in years.

HC  not intentional but  I  not going to change it if you read it that way.

Bad typo in my last post it was May 1978 as we also went to see Saturday Night Fever(I  know bad taste) in the Dominion  cinema Tottenham Court Road .

• Like 1

Posted

The rain yesterday afternoon was the wake up call, today's light rain and no wind has unleashed hell on Rannoch Moor! :diablo:

Posted

Heavy, fine rain here for about an hour this morning - brightening up a bit now.

I'd forgotten about midges till saw skifreak's post... and I have a few weeks' intermittent work up Affric starting soon so will have to fish out the appropriate PPE.  :ninja:

Posted

Much fresher tonight a bit breezy and 11c.See the top of Cairngormis almost at freezing point. Anyhow the amount of growth we had recently shoud sustain the cattle for a week or two if it stays cooler

• Like 2