Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland/Alba Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/17 onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
18 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

I've developed a taste for lager tops with bitter lemon.

Some might consider that rather unmanly, but when you've been married coming on 10 years, you don't care about such things.

Gulp. Ahh. 

At what point did you think a bitter lemon went with a lager top?

Does it not destroy the head?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw
3 minutes ago, mountain shadow said:

At what point did you think a bitter lemon went with a lager top?

Does it not destroy the head?

I just add bitter lemon instead of lemonade to make a 'lager tops' / a shandy of sorts.

So, more bitter / lemony than a regular lager tops with sweeter lemonade.

It works quite well if you e.g. like putting lemon / lime in a beer such as Sol.

It's 25 C outside here and is working well for me.

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

26 Celsius today! Expecting maybe 28C tomorrow since today's high was a few degrees above the forecast 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

'Only' reached 27'C here at about 1:30pm, a slight breeze came in from a NE direction off the firth at that point and pushed the temp back down to 21'C by 3:30 - a bit of a pity because I think we could've hit around 28/29 if it wasn't for that.

The breeze is not forecast to come from the NE at all tomorrow and only the south so who knows, maybe a touch higher? 

Either way, stunning day to add to what has thus far been a fairly decent spring with plenty dry mild weather.

Enjoy tomorrow folks! :drinks:

Edited by NorthernRab
  • Like 4

Posted

As said a number of posts up Ash tree's now budding down here aswell but Mid to Late May is about normal here.. Plane Tree's are also quite late here in budding yet go anywhere in London there usually in full leaf by early April.. Compared to earlier this month I was sweating after cutting both lawns this morning. Go back 3 weeks ago during that high it was a cold Easterly unless you had shelter in the sun.. Saturday Thundery Showers just in time for the cup final. Most years it's usually been ok for the cup final.. I don't remember any complete wash outs on Cup Final day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Just checked my weather station and it's still 17.4C here, feels even warmer in the house too. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

18C and a gentle easterly, which will probably keep the temp from rising like it did yesterday morning. We'll see......

• Like 2

Posted

Hazy, humid and hot-ish best describes this morning. Temp 20C and a light breeze from the south.

Gave the veggies a good soaking earlier on.

Apart from some essential stuff to be done in the early afternoon, I'm going to have a relaxing day, generally pottering in the garden and enjoying this fine spell of weather..

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry
31 minutes ago, ciel said:

Apart from some essential stuff to be done in the early afternoon, I'm going to have a relaxing day, generally pottering in the garden and enjoying this fine spell of weather..

I wish I could do the same but I'll be stuck in a sweaty office again. It was 20.3C in Dyce at 9am, 2.1C warmer than the same time yesterday and superficially at least there seems to be less of a breeze. It must have been even warmer at home in Kemnay as I'd to stick the aircon on in the car when leaving for work, which is a very rare occurrence.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Ravelin said:

I wish I could do the same but I'll be stuck in a sweaty office again. It was 20.3C in Dyce at 9am, 2.1C warmer than the same time yesterday and superficially at least there seems to be less of a breeze. It must have been even warmer at home in Kemnay as I'd to stick the aircon on in the car when leaving for work, which is a very rare occurrence.

Swap places.  Cloudy, breezy and 17C here. Crap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

High of 25.7C yesterday and very little breeze. Proper scorchio!

A little bit cloudier and breezier today but already up to 23.2C. A good excuse to potter about in the garden and fire up the barbecue. The sun is definitely over the yardarm now, too...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow winter, hot summer

22C here just to the west if Aberdeen. There is a moderate breeze from the south east keeping things much cooler than otherwise would be the case.

Posted
5 hours ago, Northernlights said:

19c already, its going to be a hot one.

Currently  27c  with a light breeze. Crops and grass showing signs of wilting.

Posted

Creeping just above 28c at Edinburgh airport now. A degree or so cooler here at around 26 or so. A scorcher! BBQ primed and ready!

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

As far as I can tell that's the highest temp at Edinburgh Airport since 2009. If it's not the warmest it'll certainly be one of the warmest, 28C is a rare beast.

Weather Underground now showing 29.3c for the airport!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Maxed out at 26.9c. this morning. Did not get any hotter in PSJ. Now 24.7c. 

Just noticed it is in the wrong area but like Scotland anyway.. 

Edited by ARTDEMOLE
  • Like 1

Posted

We got up to 22C after the breeze eased off. Still 20C now, quite pleasant but not 28C. 'snot fair.  Someone's gonna get hosed tonight.

Posted
2 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

2nd July 2009 hit 30C, if that 29.3C is correct it's the 2nd warmest temperature in eleven Years. The temp records I'm looking at are incomplete before then. 

https://en.tutiempo.net/climate/ws-31600.html

Not sure if it's 100% accurate on Weather Underground. Met Office says it reached 28c but I think it uses Gogarbank which is midway between here and the airport. Regardless - a scorcher!

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

We got up to 22C after the breeze eased off. Still 20C now, quite pleasant but not 28C. 'snot fair.  Someone's gonna get hosed tonight.

LOLs, HC. Yesterday morning, when I turned on the outside tap,  the hose did a birl. No damage done though, just a new hairdo needed :).

• Like 1

Posted

I'm at Glasgow airport where it's that rare beast, a genuinely warm evening in Scotland. 25c at 2000. Lovely! Heading off to Reykjavik tomorrow where the forecast is 10c and drizzle! 

Posted
12 hours ago, ciel said:

LOLs, HC. Yesterday morning, when I turned on the outside tap,  the hose did a birl. No damage done though, just a new hairdo needed :).

Usually just my trous that get wet. Then the cats, if they're unlucky. Or Ms HC if I'm being naughty.

11 hours ago, Hawesy said:

I'm at Glasgow airport where it's that rare beast, a genuinely warm evening in Scotland. 25c at 2000. Lovely! Heading off to Reykjavik tomorrow where the forecast is 10c and drizzle! 

That's not good... After my recommendation a few days ago of Norway for good May weather, I checked what they're getting.  It's dire - we'd call it typical Scottish winter of sleet and low cloud. Oops.