Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Still feeling muggy and close.

Temps last night,  were higher than the hot spell bar one day over the last few nights.   so no fresher weather here. 

Posted

24C and muggy. So much for high teens and damp. Thanks forecasters. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not a bad day with some sunshine and it is pretty warm. 24c down in Essex as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Yes, today is contradicting most forecasts that were put out a couple of days ago for this weekend. It's currently 23.1C with plenty of sunny spells here - certainly not the cloudy, cooler day that was suggested. Very pleasant!

I'm off to the Black Forest in Germany and Alsace in France for two weeks tomorrow and I can't get over how bad the forecasts look. The hot weather in Europe slowly breaks down next week and it's looking like at least 3 days of continual thunderstorms. :) But when the storms clear they're replaced by cool and rainy weather with a forecast max temp of 12C by next Friday! :(
Whilst I like a good storm I'd prefer to be sitting on the terrace of the apartment I'm renting, taking in the views over the lake towards the mountains in the distance, whilst slurping on a cold riesling!

But hang on, maybe I shouldn't be believing everything the forecasts are suggesting, should I? :D

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
9 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, today is contradicting most forecasts that were put out a couple of days ago for this weekend. It's currently 23.1C with plenty of sunny spells here - certainly not the cloudy, cooler day that was suggested. Very pleasant!

I'm off to the Black Forest in Germany and Alsace in France for two weeks tomorrow and I can't get over how bad the forecasts look. The hot weather in Europe slowly breaks down next week and it's looking like at least 3 days of continual thunderstorms. :) But when the storms clear they're replaced by cool and rainy weather with a forecast max temp of 12C by next Friday! :(
Whilst I like a good storm I'd prefer to be sitting on the terrace of the apartment I'm renting, taking in the views over the lake towards the mountains in the distance, whilst slurping on a cold riesling!

But hang on, maybe I shouldn't be believing everything the forecasts are suggesting, should I? :D

Enjoy your holiday, Malcolm!  I'm not sure regarding the Schwartzwald, but I do like the sound of Alsace.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Lovely day for me. perfect for drying school stuffs, breeze warm but not hot. cloudy but sunny. 

Did some shopping, and now watching glasto eating pizza.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Gloomy all day here, not cold with average temperatures but with very dreary skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy start here too, this week not looking great though Monday looks decent and Tuesday should stil be quite warm with a south easterly wind. Downhill from there though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey and dreary skies all morning here with a howling breeze but the clouds are breaking up now allowing some warm sunshine. Underwhelming at 19C currently but if the skies clear up it should go up a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: overcast, mild, no wind.

at working doing the 2nd 12hr shift of the weekend. i can just about see sunshine out of the window.   

Posted

windy cloudy but we have had a bit of sun. But fear not, the stuffs I brought are summer stuffs and last time I did that the temp went up to 30C and I had some thunder :crazy:

In other news it looks like my summer wet stuffs will be needed this week.

Edited by Dami

Posted

oh i say it's raining.

Posted

Well all the gloom and doom in the MO thread doesn't really apply down here.

Still warm and muggy last couple of days and forecasts of staying same down here.

Not all that if you want the 30c plus but still doable type weather for gardening, walking, running, working outside and dog walkers.

Some rain which nature desperately needs as well as us gardeners.:)

Posted
1 hour ago, seaside 60 said:

Well all the gloom and doom in the MO thread doesn't really apply down here.

Still warm and muggy last couple of days and forecasts of staying same down here.

Not all that if you want the 30c plus but still doable type weather for gardening, walking, running, working outside and dog walkers.

Some rain which nature desperately needs as well as us gardeners.:)

Yes, need a decent heavy rainfall here. One like the middle of May would be perfect, when it chucked it down for a good 12 hours then the sun came out again. All this cloud recently has been utterly pointless as it has just blocked the sun and the howling wind has dried out the ground more effectively than any heatwave. 

Today looks rather nice here, lots of blue sky, strong sunshine and the infernal wind has thankfully moderated somewhat. 

Posted
7 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Yes, need a decent heavy rainfall here. One like the middle of May would be perfect, when it chucked it down for a good 12 hours then the sun came out again. All this cloud recently has been utterly pointless as it has just blocked the sun and the howling wind has dried out the ground more effectively than any heatwave. 

Today looks rather nice here, lots of blue sky, strong sunshine and the infernal wind has thankfully moderated somewhat. 

RE above, a lot of people dont realise how quickly the wind drys the soil out esp hanging baskets, before you know it everything is drooping.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

RE above, a lot of people dont realise how quickly the wind drys the soil out esp hanging baskets, before you know it everything is drooping.

Absolutely. The howling wind has been a near constant feature of our summer weather in the last 10-15 years now. I see nearly every day how well it dries out my allotment, despite the ground and all pots getting a good soaking every few days. Doesn't seem to matter which direction of the compass the wind is coming from, either. My Mum, who has lived here in the UK since 1968, has noticed how 'breezy' it has become in recent years too.

Posted
8 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Absolutely. The howling wind has been a near constant feature of our summer weather in the last 10-15 years now. I see nearly every day how well it dries out my allotment, despite the ground and all pots getting a good soaking every few days. Doesn't seem to matter which direction of the compass the wind is coming from, either. My Mum, who has lived here in the UK since 1968, has noticed how 'breezy' it has become in recent years too.

The main reason in my mind is the change of weather type.

Someone proved on here in the last 10-15 years the dominate wind has been SW winds in the summer, they are consent winds caused by euro high and low to the north west giving us more wind, warm, muggy cloudier higher temps down here and me moaning about humid air.

With a high more over the top of us or N euro based we get calm weather and strong sea breezes which move inland late in the day, also lower humidity  there fore giving calm weather inland and more wind in the pm. 

• Like 1

Posted

Not so windy today, cosy in sweater and summer jeans. Getting cloudier but not moaning cos it's much nicer to clean bathrooms and hoover floors when it's like this. :)

garden needs the rain, hope it delivers. Then warm temps please and storms cos you know summer. Cos weather gets boring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Perfect day to be sat in the garden, off work with a bad back. Blue skies and temperature just right, none of this 30 degree nonsense :D

IMG_0388.JPG

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

When your location just maybe is in with a chance of a storm tomorrow 

giphy.gif

Although I'm not sure what to make of the 'will it thunder' page, we had a mini storm last Thursday, with a 0% chance of a storm according to the page.

• Like 1