Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: overcast, mild, no wind.
8 hours ago, Dami said:

All this heat forecast and no storms. What a waste.:closedeyes:

I half expect storms to appear out of nowhere like the Spanish Inquisition

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
10 hours ago, TheSGD said:

I half expect storms to appear out of nowhere like the Spanish Inquisition

nobody expects the Spanish inquisition.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Clear blue sky to start, but a bit breezy here. The satellite this morning shows the cold front over Wales - that'll spoil the sunshine for us later.

5942314338a18_CloudThur15Jun07_25.thumb.jpg.0bf1dc23550f55b4592c5045f19aa328.jpg

But it's all eyes on the weekend - it's looking an absolute cracker with temps widely up to 30C by Sunday. I think I'll get to the shops a bit sharpish today to get all my BBQ stuff - knowing my local shops the shelves will be empty by Saturday morning! :laugh:

Sunday 5942314d3f2a2_ArpegeTempSun18Jun17_00.thumb.png.468434eb93b4662cffa038a008d1b1b9.png

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely morning, the breeze, although welcomed, is strong enough to be annoying for anyone wearing a maxi. Lovely and just warm enough. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Beautiful morning, followed by an hour or so of cloud as the cold front moved through. Back to sunny skies and feeling pleasantly warm at 23C, despite the howling wind making an unwelcome return.

Posted

Could get up to 32C and not a storm in sight. In my young day a few 25c+ days and it was almost a dead cert. Certainly where I used to live. Although we used to have snow in the winter in those days too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
26 minutes ago, Dami said:

Could get up to 32C and not a storm in sight. In my young day a few 25c+ days and it was almost a dead cert. Certainly where I used to live. Although we used to have snow in the winter in those days too.

Living in a weatherless era now:sorry:

Posted

from Mr fluffy bits himself ...

The moment we lost our weather.

Edited by Dami
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Almost cloudless here now after a cloudy period during the early afternoon as the cold front moved through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
2 hours ago, Dami said:

Thank god  there isn't a storm in sight. 

Beautiful warm to hot sunny weather for the next 7 days... this is the UK.. as I always bang on about... cherish fine weather instead of wishing for a rumble of thunder (let's face it, that's all it will be)

It will be pouring with rain no doubt again in 2 weeks - stop wishing away a fine and sunny spell for a pathetic attempt at a thunderstorm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 hours ago, Dami said:

Hopefully this summery spell will end in a storm fest, the weather is so boring at the moment.

Posted
Just now, lassie23 said:

Hopefully this summery spell will end in a storm fest, the weather is so boring at the moment.

let's get rid of the gale first.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Storms have become so rare this last 10-15 years. It's like a switch was flipped and exciting weather just disappeared. Though I am thoroughly looking forward to the forecast strong sunshine and warmth. 

• Like 2

Posted
42 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Storms have become so rare this last 10-15 years. It's like a switch was flipped and exciting weather just disappeared. Though I am thoroughly looking forward to the forecast strong sunshine and warmth. 

Over the past three years I've witnessed some of the closest lightning and most unusual 'out of season' storms I've ever seen.  I suspect you've just been in the wrong (or right) place.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Hey up, what's going on here? GFS this morning is suddenly suggesting widespread outbreaks of rain for our Region on Sunday afternoon!! Is it seeing something that the Met Office and Arpege are missing, or has it been on the wacky backy again! Please sober up GFS - I've got several neighbours coming around for a Sunday afternoon bbq!! :laugh:

GFS 59437c9d7fcfc_GFSPrecipSun18Jun17_00.thumb.GIF.44cb425d927218122c3d234ecf5f2d73.GIF Arpege 59437caa264ad_ArpegePrecipSun18Jun16_00.thumb.png.29851faaccc47762db53c43a649c19d5.png

Met Office 59437d7939017_MetOffSun18Jun.thumb.jpg.905b229110c5dce15eb63df30dd10f06.jpg

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

GFS has been showing that line of PPN for a couple of days now for Sunday so least it has been consistent, it could be onto something, an odd shower here and there could pop up I guess. 

Another lovely morning here, wall to wall sunshine after a cooler night.:)

• Like 1

Posted

That is Bedfords supercell, lay off! :D It will hit at 8:35pm and 5 seconds. I am owed a storm. Might as well be a biggie.

In other news, my light breeze is not light. It is much fresher today too so a cardie was in order. Also more cloud. dam you. I still haven't painted the fence.

• Like 1

Posted
12 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Over the past three years I've witnessed some of the closest lightning and most unusual 'out of season' storms I've ever seen.  I suspect you've just been in the wrong (or right) place.

Definitely nothing like that here. The first major thunderstorm that I vividly remember was in 1981, that got me obsessed with the weather in general. Thunderstorms have always held a particular fascination and excitement, so I do have quite good memories of them. Having lived in the same area most of my life so far, I've noticed a huge decrease in thunderstorms here over the last 10-15 years. Before that, they were frequent in summer, many were just regular storms of short duration but we had a lot of spectacular all nighters in the 80's and 90's and several daytime darkness events with news reports of people being struck by lightning quite commonplace. 

Posted
21 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Definitely nothing like that here. The first major thunderstorm that I vividly remember was in 1981, that got me obsessed with the weather in general. Thunderstorms have always held a particular fascination and excitement, so I do have quite good memories of them. Having lived in the same area most of my life so far, I've noticed a huge decrease in thunderstorms here over the last 10-15 years. Before that, they were frequent in summer, many were just regular storms of short duration but we had a lot of spectacular all nighters in the 80's and 90's and several daytime darkness events with news reports of people being struck by lightning quite commonplace. 

There was a definite reduction during the late '90s and much of the 2000s, but this decade has seen quite a noticeable increase in storms here; then again, Norfolk has always been a good county for storms, as we get them sometimeds from the Netherlands and Belgium on occasion as well as from the south.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Thought we were supposed to have blue skies galore .... but it's cloudy here with a breeze!

• Like 1

Posted

I can remember a storm on the coast that made it so dark the street lights came on and it made the news.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
1 hour ago, Dami said:

I can remember a storm on the coast that made it so dark the street lights came on and it made the news.

There was in I think the middle eighties (bit later perhaps) around 6th August around 2pm ended a really hot spell and it went literally black as night.

Always remember it as it was just like nighttime.

Edited by seaside 60

Posted
2 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

There was a definite reduction during the late '90s and much of the 2000s, but this decade has seen quite a noticeable increase in storms here; then again, Norfolk has always been a good county for storms, as we get them sometimeds from the Netherlands and Belgium on occasion as well as from the south.

Yes Norfolk and Lincolnshire have done better in recent years, as has E Kent lol. But London, not so good. There have been a few storms around of course, but nothing like decades past. Hopefully will 'reset' back to how it used to be, soon!

• Like 1

Posted
18 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

There was in I think the middle eighties (bit later perhaps) around 6th August around 2pm ended a really hot spell and it went literally black as night.

Always remember it as it was just like nighttime.

The 6th August 1981 saw huge storms across much of the SE that gave daytime darkness, flooding, loads of lightning damage etc. I remember that event and was terrified but also excited. That storm was the one that started my interest, there were similar storms in 1983 or 1984 I think, then another early 1990's.

• Like 1