Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
25 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Hi everyone, back on line now :)

Have had three storms in the last couple of weeks, the second of which was a real cracker, strobe lightning for at least an hour couldn't believe it.

Today started nice and sunny, getting some cloud now though. 

Hi Alexis , I've been wondering where you've been it seems like months since you last posted . Welcome back . The sun is back out now after a couple of hours of mostly cloudy skies . It's been good for the wife and kids who have been in the garden . Me = work :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite a pleasant morning here, the cold front seems to have moved through and left partly cloudy skies with plenty of sunny breaks. Still breezy of course but mild at 20C currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice day so far with good sunny spells and just a little patchy cloud moving through on the breeze. Very little if any rain forecast this week, we have lost the chance of hot air reaching us midweek though still a decent warm sector allowing us to get into the mid twenties, generally warm though this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Found this vid of the main part of storm approaching Dover, as you can see the closer it gets the more flashes are visable. It got even flashier than this once the gust front came through. Not my vid.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Interesting cloud ripples on the satellite image this morning as the stiff westerly wind runs over the land.

593e4d45d116f_CloudMon12Jun06_45.thumb.jpg.45ed72c64296ebb7f4463619da55db4b.jpg

Over the last few days I've been watching this Region enjoy some lovely weather whilst I've been back in Wales to celebrate my Dad's 91st birthday. It's been largely cloudy and very windy back there with some heavy rain Saturday evening. So I'm looking forward to being back in our lovely SE corner of the UK for the coming week as it looks - once again - like we'll be enjoying the best of the UK weather. Wed and Thur looking particularly nice with temps up to 27C.

Wed 593e4d5d64e5d_ArpegeTempWed14Jun17_00.thumb.png.b68f3b8aeb026d7581662313ac8f6ee4.png Thur 593e4d63a8673_ArpegeTempThur15Jun14_00.thumb.png.05b0c3505761db13fb2377f7c1e67404.png

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Perfect day for moving (the Neighbours, their new house has been built) and for us (we are getting our front landscaped) Got an army of people out side, the removal men know the gardeners, all friendly having a cuppa out on the public lawn.

Nice for doing the school run too, could feel some heat in the bit of sun we had. 

Posted

16.9c and mostly sunny :) great start to the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
2 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Interesting cloud ripples on the satellite image this morning as the stiff westerly wind runs over the land.

Over the last few days I've been watching this Region enjoy some lovely weather whilst I've been back in Wales to celebrate my Dad's 91st birthday. It's been largely cloudy and very windy back there with some heavy rain Saturday evening. So I'm looking forward to being back in our lovely SE corner of the UK for the coming week as it looks - once again - like we'll be enjoying the best of the UK weather. Wed and Thur looking particularly nice with temps up to 27C.

Wed 593e4d5d64e5d_ArpegeTempWed14Jun17_00.thumb.png.b68f3b8aeb026d7581662313ac8f6ee4.png Thur 593e4d63a8673_ArpegeTempThur15Jun14_00.thumb.png.05b0c3505761db13fb2377f7c1e67404.png

Looking nice down there Malcolm. Its so cloudy and windy up here in Skipton. Getting fed up with it. Putting the house on the market today looking to move down to East Sussex for a near continent climate which I miss or better still back to Austria which my wife is missing more/ Like travellers !

C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
16 minutes ago, carinthian said:

Looking nice down there Malcolm. Its so cloudy and windy up here in Skipton. Getting fed up with it. Putting the house on the market today looking to move down to East Sussex for a near continent climate which I miss or better still back to Austria which my wife is missing more/ Like travellers !

C

Very nice though East Sussex is Paul, I'd be heading back to Austria if I were you! As you know, it's a (fading) dream of mine to live in the Alps. Unfortunately Mrs Blessed has other ideas!  :( 

But good luck with the house hunting in Sussex - I'm looking forward to you joining the banter in the SE & EA forum. :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
35 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Very nice though East Sussex is Paul, I'd be heading back to Austria if I were you! As you know, it's a (fading) dream of mine to live in the Alps. Unfortunately Mrs Blessed has other ideas!  :( 

But good luck with the house hunting in Sussex - I'm looking forward to you joining the banter in the SE & EA forum. :)

Hi Malcolm, I do like the Sussex Weald countryside and climate and have previous lived near Robertsbridge. We may look for a home in both places. Will wait to see how this Euro exit turns out and money exchange rate.  My wife still has a property near Alpach should we need to seek refuge  !

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Over the last few days I've been watching this Region enjoy some lovely weather whilst I've been back in Wales to celebrate my Dad's 91st birthday. It's been largely cloudy and very windy back there with some heavy rain Saturday evening. So I'm looking forward to being back in our lovely SE corner of the UK for the coming week as it looks - once again - like we'll be enjoying the best of the UK weather.

Much the same chez us this weekend, spending Saturday in the west country for my mother's birthday. We drove from a clear blue sky Surbiton to overcast and rather breezy Somerset; heading to Cheddar it seemed to threaten rain, but stayed off to take my mother shopping in the Cheddar Gorge retail spots, and even felt rather warm when the sun came out briefly. Driving back to the London area, the skies brightened up ahead of us and when we got home there was that smell the evening has at the end of a hot day in summer; I think the satellite image you posted @Blessed Weather showed the contrast very well. On a slightly different topic, it would be nice for you to join us on the south east forum @carinthian. Even now I make sad sweeps of my winter webcam sites, all green and empty now; I fully understand your craving for Austria and @Blessed Weather for the Alps:/

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
4 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Hopefully that'll come off. It's back to crappy, largely cloudy and windy rubbish here, we've hit the heights of 18C. Yippee.

• Like 1

Posted

Early cloud gone, sunny, towels out to dry. Very light breeze has replaced that relentless gale we had. Although i feel a little chilly atm with the back door open. 

Regardless how lovely it is outside, still a period of boring weather coming up, even if you like the heat. 

Boring.

Lived in Sussex most my life, prefer cornwall/devon

Edited by Dami

Posted

After a glorious morning here the inevitable infill has bubbled up somewhat, but still some decent sunny spells and average temperatures of 21C. The main thing of note is the absence of the howling gale with just a light E'ly breeze. Hallelujah!!

• Like 1

Posted
4 hours ago, stainesbloke said:

After a glorious morning here the inevitable infill has bubbled up somewhat, but still some decent sunny spells and average temperatures of 21C. The main thing of note is the absence of the howling gale with just a light E'ly breeze. Hallelujah!!

This first half of June has been very blustery even in this sheltered location not quite known a June like it. As the winds die down it looks, the second half is going to be decidedly different unless GFS is right. Serious heat is really set to build and push this way northwards towards our shores, in fact it is doing that right now across Iberia and S France. 36C at the mo in Carpentras (SE France), early European scorcher? I somewhat doubt we will see a prolonged hot spell however those more s/e as usual will hang onto it for the longest. I see at least 5 days of pretty hot weather a stretch of 30c plus days looks more than possible. 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Daniel* said:

This first half of June has been very blustery even in this sheltered location not quite known a June like it. As the winds die down it looks, the second half is going to be decidedly different unless GFS is right. Serious heat is really set to build and push this way northwards towards our shores, in fact it is doing that right now across Iberia and S France. 36C at the mo in Carpentras (SE France), early European scorcher? I somewhat doubt we will see a prolonged hot spell however those more s/e as usual will hang onto it for the longest. I see at least 5 days of pretty hot weather a stretch of 30c plus days looks more than possible. 

About time we had a decent hot spell in June, many recent ones have been seriously underwhelming. Although 36C is a little too hot lol, though think of the thunderstorms when that breaks down....! As I understand it from the Model thread, the background signals favour more of an ECM solution than a GFS one. Happy days if so. Will be watching with interest.

Nice day here, currently 24C with quite a lot of cloud about but also sunny spells, the wind has thankfully remained light.

Edited by stainesbloke
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, stainesbloke said:

About time we had a decent hot spell in June, many recent ones have been seriously underwhelming. Although 36C is a little too hot lol, though think of the thunderstorms when that breaks down....! As I understood it, the background signals favour more of an ECM solution than a GFS one. Happy days if so. Will be watching with interest.

Nice day here, currently 24C with quite a lot of cloud about but also sunny spells, the wind has thankfully remained light.

UKMO certainly lends credence to ECM solution. Happy days indeed. :) 

• Like 1

Posted

Well well well at last, I could look at my summer wardrobe and pick out a nice dress instead of jeans and a jumper that i wore the other morning. It is lovely. very light breeze, heat and finally a justification for buying all my new stuffs. I now need to paint the garden fence I have forgotten to do for the least eon. Saying that, the level of heat is perfect for me, I really don't want to scare the world with my legs at the moment wearing shorts.

Thoughts to the poor people who lost their lives in that awful fire. 

Posted

was going to paint the fence, too hot for that right in the sun, so hubs has gone out to get a subway.

Posted

Gorgeous morning here, sunny from the start and light winds, currently 22C. 

Posted

amazing morning here so far, perfect summer day if this continues!

Posted

All this heat forecast and no storms. What a waste.:closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day, just some fair weather cloud, a high of 25c.