Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
2 hours ago, Surrey said:

Latest model updates suggest, 40-60mm of rain for Surrey and areas south going to be a very wet day and evening ahead. Gales also likely on the coasts

Yes, radar returns look quite impressive currently. Am very surprised the met office don't have a warning in place. Road conditions could become very bad with localised flooding highly likely. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

started to drizzle 10mins after I put out some washing. Then it stopped.  

what is the point of drizzle. useless. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's raining here now but much lighter so far than i was expecting.

Not gone to plan this at all, the rain looks to be coming in stages, by now I wouldn't expect to see rain still Pilling into the south west moving north east. 

Euro4 had flopped on this one and so too have the other models. It's been a question of how far north or south the front was going to go. 

Some very bright radar returns showing now

Screenshot_20170802-155618.thumb.png.834ff0180233f7cc366a47b4d29b13da.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual
24 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

It's raining here now but much lighter so far than i was expecting.

Had that earlier. 

It'll get heavier. 

Pouring here now. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Ugh who ordered this nonsense? Might as well be November out there.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Not gone to plan this at all, the rain looks to be coming in stages, by now I wouldn't expect to see rain still Pilling into the south west moving north east. 

Euro4 had flopped on this one and so too have the other models. It's been a question of how far north or south the front was going to go. 

Some very bright radar returns showing now

Screenshot_20170802-155618.thumb.png.834ff0180233f7cc366a47b4d29b13da.png

Just checked radar and even now the front is still just stuck over the channal it looks like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

As @Surrey says above, it looks to have been an all round fail with the precipitation forecasts for today. The front seems to have kept well south of its anticipated track across the UK. Rainfall total for here was 2.5 mm and apart from some further light rain there doesn't seem to be anything more of note on the way:

Radar 20.05 598227113a41b_RadarWed02Aug20_05.thumb.jpg.df3c5e83203cdf6236edd84b002d98a0.jpg

For my locale possibly the only thing worth noting about today's weather was the rapid fall in temp when the rain started. Here it fell 4C in an hour from 19.5C to 15.5C between 14.00 and 15.00.

5982296fcb2cc_WeatherReadings02Aug.thumb.jpg.75e9b5d937d3aba73e78eaf22af27431.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The sky has gone weirdly grey/yellow outside. Haven't seen that colour for a while.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

It's been raining more or less non stop here since 2pm and 17.1mm recorded locally so far. Currently tipping it down again so that total will rise.

Nearby Herstmonceux reported a temp of just 14.8c at 1pm this afternoon. I cannot find the words to adequately describe how much I despise this weather.

• Like 4

Posted

Blooming heck it’s been a washout huge puddles everywhere and still it falls here in Winchelsea, the day before this was the antithesis a beautiful summers day. Now something foul at least today is set to turn better. A summer of two halves indeed! 

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Better day here after yesterday's excellent attempt at trying to be November. Quite a lot of sunshine for much of the morning but much more cloud has just moved in. Very windy and 20C currently. 

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, JennyJane1 said:

The wind is getting quite fierce here.

Tis is a tad breezy, I think the thunder you hear is someone's roof blowing down the road :oops:

Posted
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

Tis is a tad breezy, I think the thunder you hear is someone's roof blowing down the road :oops:

oh dear, yes the wind is still blowing quite strongly, still hearing thunder (or runaway roofing) from time to time, no rain but its coming over very dark again, although having said that, its been dark at intervals with no rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well from late morning the day has just been a foul combination of grey skies and howling winds. Really had enough of this crap now. I do hope the weekend will actually have decent sunny spells as forecast, for my camping weekend in the New Forest :)

Edited by stainesbloke

Posted

Wash out yesterday, however today it's been dry and mostly sunny, however a very strong wind for the time of year. 58mph has been the highest gust.

Posted

It has been blowing a gale ridiculously windy I know it gets windy here with its exposure nonetheless unusual for summer, the sea was very choppy and frothy wouldn’t fancy a dip, certainly not rubber dinghy weather. :p 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Can someone let me know when Climate change is supposed to happen, because I'm still waiting for hot summers becoming a common place ( 2003 ). One of the worst summers I can remember so far :( 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
26 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Can someone let me know when Climate change is supposed to happen, because I'm still waiting for hot summers becoming a common place ( 2003 ). One of the worst summers I can remember so far :( 

How can this summer be one of the worse you can remember,

Hardly had any rain till a couple of weeks ago, far more amazing thunderstorms this year, several hot spells with 7 days over 30c in many areas.

We always get some rainy poor spells, thats the UK.

Posted

A fair start to the day here with sunny spells. Still quite a fresh breeze and some clouds but hopefully a decent amount of blue skies will remain for the rest of the day and the weekend. Currently 18C, Met Office forecasting a high of 25C which I find difficult to believe but hopeful of getting!