Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

pictures from yesterday, the weather really has been amazing, im surprised nobody was really talking of this heatwave until it happened because it seems pretty exceptional to me with the amount of 30c days forecast in a row

IMG_4299_web.thumb.jpg.d910d135e5c005b5260db5e5b94fee29.jpgIMG_4295_web.thumb.jpg.7a73962694ebe9f197a52a46ae3f0668.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
31 minutes ago, stainesbloke said:

Agree with your comments. Enjoy it while it lasts, I say, it'll soon be mediocre and cloudy. Or maybe this'll be a roasting summer to remember! 

Agree Staines. 

Wont be too long before we are witnessing rain and non seasonal weather out of our window. 

Hopefully and Fingers crossed for a great summer, it was only 3 weeks ago I read on the MOD thread that June was a right off... *cough 

• Like 3

Posted

Great photos @Delka they’d make a decent desktop wallpaper. 

Sad news locally they’ve recovered the body of a man who attempted to save a 13 year old boy that's what I heard I presume the boy got into difficulty in the water he managed to get himself out. With the recent hot weather a dip might have appeared tempting in Greenland Dock a stone’s throw from me. Initially in the panic so I’m told someone shouted out terror attack that explains the fleet of police which raced past me. I was completely taken back as to the cause nothing happens in sleepy Rotherhithe. 

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/surrey-quays-boy-10-saved-from-drowning-in-greenland-dock-as-search-continues-to-find-man-a3567466.html

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

A high of 31c exactly for me today. After yesterday's 30.1c, I wonder if it'll hit over 30 three days in a row here..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

cracked the 30 degree mark here today maxing out at 30.3 degrees.Looks like another 3 hot days before cool down on Friday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

How far will the cooler air get tomorrow, also how much of an impact will the east/north east wind have.

arpegeuk-41-26-0.png?19-18

London up the M11/A1 through Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire could hit 30C again, much cooler towards the north eastern parts of the region, but again how stark will the contrast in temperatures be, the look east forecast shows highs in the high twenties whilst coastal parts of Norfolk and Suffolk will be stuck in the high teens at best. I mustadmit the temperatures forecast by the BBC look underdone potentially for tomorrow and Wednesday but this isn't a normal situation and with such an intense pool of heat to our south and uncertainty on how far north it gets I guess even at 1/2 days out we still are unsure of how hot things will get.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

18C to start the day here, a lot more cloud though just high level stuff and a few big pieces of cumulus that didn't melt away last night. The wind now looks to be more east than north east and hence now predicted to get close to 30C again today.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: overcast, mild, no wind.

i can only assume by the weather that the EU intends to melt us into submission over brexit.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Not gone any where but it's LOVELY out side. We got a bit of cloud which is making it much fresher. Bedroom went down to 22c  instead of staying at 27+ 

Sun is poking thru now. gah another hot day and i'm already an extra from the walking dead.

• Like 2

Posted

Hot and humid this morning, cloud already starting to pull away to the west of here. 

Carol Kirkwood thinks somewhere in the London area will reach 34C tomorrow afternoon. 

Bootiful. 

• Like 2

Posted

It feels a lot cooler here in north Kent. Maybe that's the wind direction change coming in off the river as only a few miles away from Thames estuary/North Sea.

i might be back on here at 2pm saying I was wrong lol 

Posted

3 days of lovely hot weather here two of which coincided with the weekend helping the tourism here, looks like the fun here has ended with 23c forecast today, then surprisingly upping again slightly to 25c on Thursday before dipping back down to a more average 19c

Posted

Got to say this is a stunning little heatwave. Temps build, buils build build. And i moved on the what was hottest day of the year satyrday and nearly melted. I thought yesterday was a truly stunning day deep blue sky. Altho i did not enjoy the pituful southeastern excuses from cannon street then sidcup line. Most people who know me only see me around autumn and winter. Ben's favourite time (tounge in cheek). But when the weather breaks and we get ecactly what soufeasterners want a few days of settled weather by heck we love it. 

• Like 2

Posted
41 minutes ago, Dami said:

Not gone any where but it's LOVELY out side. We got a bit of cloud which is making it much fresher. Bedroom went down to 22c  instead of staying at 27+ 

Sun is poking thru now. gah another hot day and i'm already an extra from the walking dead.

Nothing wrong with being an extra from the walking dead ;-) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
2 hours ago, TheSGD said:

i can only assume by the weather that the EU intends to melt us into submission over brexit.

One can but hope! Watching the UK make such a huge mistake and turn itself into the biggest laughing stock in the world isn't much fun. But the weather is lovely :) Bit of cloud here but still sunshine too and warm at 23C. 

• Like 1

Posted

i managed to trip the electricity last night, I think i missed the vase when i was watering my flowers and some water got into an open socket from an extension. Set off the house alarm, stopped the fan and turned off dora.

I need sleep.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms
27 minutes ago, Delka said:

3 days of lovely hot weather here two of which coincided with the weekend helping the tourism here, looks like the fun here has ended with 23c forecast today, then surprisingly upping again slightly to 25c on Thursday before dipping back down to a more average 19c

According to radar it's p'ing down in Hunny - some light rain in Dersingham and a lovely freshness in the air

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Currently 22c here and cloudy. Just looked on the radar and apparently its raining here lol 

Posted
20 minutes ago, Candice said:

According to radar it's p'ing down in Hunny - some light rain in Dersingham and a lovely freshness in the air

No rain but can smell it in the air, thundery shower over the wash should be heading towards Dersi area but may be nothing more then a bit of a drizzle when it reaches you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

This is a sky I've noticed often recently. Altocumulus with what appears to be asperatus underneath. 

IMG_0080.JPG

Posted

I could smell rain outside too, but I doubt it will, but jolly nice smell after all. Cloudy all round me but clear above, sun now moved away from the cloud and can feel the heat. 

If I hadn't known better it did look stormy this morning. but i know better:closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hazy sunshine and a moderate NE breeze, 21C...

Despite it reaching 32 degrees yesterday, this morning has felt worse despite it only being 25 degrees, the humidity has been awful - the sooner this cloud moves out the better!

Looks like tomorrow is going to be even hotter!

Absolutely delightful weather, some of the best we've had in ages!

• Like 1

Posted

Stunning blue sky now filling out.

bye bye clouds...... 

The heat feels intense. Love it! 

• Like 1