Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Nice day here with the cloud melting away to clear skies. A respectable 21C this afternoon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

A very pleasant day with a refreshing breeze blowing the fair-weather clouds through. Currently 21C. A photo from my afternoon stroll on the outskirts of Hadleigh.

20170603_144323_resized.thumb.jpg.e4991d87c942cb50691a5c3f18979773.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Had some big blobs of rain yesterday not enough to wet a fishes bum. Breezy and much cooler today.

No thunder or lightning or any of that hail nonsense. 

Got a man coming to sort out our front garden and I can buy the dress I liked but wasn't in my size so :yahoo:

yay for unseasonable weather in June. I am glad I brought that raincoat now and long sleeve top on Thursday.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: overcast, mild, no wind.
23 hours ago, Dami said:

I used to live near some down south lass, back in the day when we got real thunderstorms it was quite fun watching them get struck and watch the sparks.

I live in the country stuffs. 

...I work for the electricity board covering East Anglia and the South East; I remember a few years ago a lightning storm crawled up the coast from London and just sat over Southend. totally destroyed the electricity network over the course of an afternoon. I really REALLY used to love storms right up to the point I got this job. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Just back from a very pleasant afternoon enjoying the sunshine and music at Day 2 of the Hastings free Jazz and Blues Festival. Although quite breezy it felt warm enough at around 19c under mostly clear skies.

Going back for more of the same tomorrow hopefully. :hi:

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, TheSGD said:

...I work for the electricity board covering East Anglia and the South East; I remember a few years ago a lightning storm crawled up the coast from London and just sat over Southend. totally destroyed the electricity network over the course of an afternoon. I really REALLY used to love storms right up to the point I got this job. 

A warm welcome to the forum TheSGD. :)

Many of us on here love a good storm, but I guess it's understandable that they're something you don't look forward too now - not with that job!! But just a thought - maybe you'll be able to give us a snippet of insider info on 'advance weather warnings' when a storm is expected?? :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
12 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Many of us on here love a good storm, but I guess it's understandable that they're something you don't look forward too now - not with that job!! But just a thought - maybe you'll be able to give us a snippet of insider info on 'advance weather warnings' when a storm is expected?? :D

Superb shout , and welcome to the forum The SGD , hopefully you will be able to warn us about the damage caused by heavy snow weighing down  on the electcity lines in the winter .

:pardon:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A sunny start to the day here, a chance of a few showers bubbling up north of London so maybe a torrential downpour or two up here later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite disappointing weather here today, loads of cloud and a cool wind, just 19C so far. Dry at least, so usable. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: overcast, mild, no wind.
On 6/3/2017 at 20:06, Blessed Weather said:

Thank you for the welcome :)

the 'powers that be' get specific warnings from the MET office but all that comes down to me is the notification when we are expecting certain conditions which cause significant damage to the network. high winds, snow, torrential heavy rain, all that jazz.

problem is the ole MET office isnt always too accurate, many is the time we have geared up for a 'storm'; got loads in on overtime and then.... nothing happens. Thunderstorms are quite an interesting one, you can get a massive storm which hardly hits anything then some small cell with only a few strike hits with total accuracy and causes a small very regional problem.

• Like 1

Posted

Windy not too chilly, wasn't expecting rain quite yet but we have had rain.

Joy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

We're certainly paying for last week's nice weather this week. A horrible period of weather to endure, the wind is already howling here with a max temperature of 18C, poor. Signs from ECM that next week may return to more summery conditions. Everything crossed.

Posted

Been warm and humid here despite the winds, looking at the rain over the channel and wondering if it's gonna make it to us? 

Posted

I think it's going to rain chaps, jolly hockey sticks what what *snort*

Absolutely spiffing for the garden.

Jolly good show old bean.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

A much better day than I was expecting here to be honest. I was sitting on the beach in warm sunshine, albeit breezy, until it finally clouded over at 4pm this afternoon. Just sporadic light rain here since then but feeling quite humid.

• Like 1

Posted
36 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Thought it was supposed to be a wash out today, not had a drop:drunk-emoji:

On off here since 10am.:girl_devil:

Posted

I had my coffee at 9am:good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
9 minutes ago, Dami said:

I had my coffee at 9am:good:

half cafe latte vanilla mocha  cafe with sprinkles?

Posted

Not too bad a day with sunny spells lasting well into afternoon. Breezy, but thanks to the sunshine it felt warmer than the 17.5C max recorded.

But a poor 36 hours coming up with the wind the talking point tomorrow. Gusts widely of 40 mph but possibly up to 55 mph near the Region's coasts. Rainfall amounts generally around 10 - 20 mm, but Arpege suggesting the possibility of double this for a few locations (particularly Norfolk).

Gusts Tues 20.00 59359d4633755_ArpegeGustsTues06Jun20_00.thumb.png.71ad47387cc7f3b9a66e9abb3c9450b3.png Rainfall accum to Wed 06.00 59359d861ddd7_ArpegePrecipAccumto06.00Wed07Jun.thumb.png.3e85741d61b898f9f56150fe037156d5.png

• Like 1

Posted

umm no. kenco smooth, white with sugar.