Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

So weather warning been issued for Suffolk tomorrow!

Yellow warning of rain

Updated 1 hour ago

To: 23:00 on Fri 2 Jun

There is the risk of torrential downpours on Friday afternoon and evening. Whilst most places will miss the worst, it could lead to localised surface water flooding and difficult driving conditions. Frequent lightning and perhaps hail could be additional hazards.

Hmmm, not holding out much hope.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
13 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

So weather warning been issued for Suffolk tomorrow!

Yellow warning of rain

Updated 1 hour ago

To: 23:00 on Fri 2 Jun

There is the risk of torrential downpours on Friday afternoon and evening. Whilst most places will miss the worst, it could lead to localised surface water flooding and difficult driving conditions. Frequent lightning and perhaps hail could be additional hazards.

Hmmm, not holding out much hope.

Me neither, BB.:D

Another lovely Sunny day, temperature just hit 23.c and reached 23.4 yesterday - really has been a great few weeks.

I see there's a warning out for torrential rain tomorrow, I'm really hoping this is for the East of the region and we're left with sunshine in West London - perfect post Friday work beers outside somewhere if it's anything like today!

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Me neither, BB.:D

Your only 5 miles down the road you might have a 5% more chance :)

still it's a lovely day here today, draining a 300 gallon pond, which is nicely watering my leylandi, eucalyptus trees and all the other plants in the garden, who have been suffering badly this year with lack of rain, saves me watering them this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Lovely day here too, just clouded over a bit though. Mum had her breast surgery Tues, was let out yesterday, wonderful NHS, 10/10. She can sit out in the garden this afternoon. :)

Got some black fly on plants all of a sudden, and lots of mosquitoes around though, been bitten by the blinking critters.:angry:

Posted

What a stonker! 24C and wall-to-wall sunshine...:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

super day. Light breeze,warm. 

Hubs tells me to get ready we are going out. Then drives to the retail park and tells me to buy stuffs. 

However there was a lack age of size 10 but I managed to fill a basket and my arms.

Happy.

Don't care if it doesn't storm tomorrow, got new tops and dresses to wear <3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Lovely day after early fog cleared. A high of 24C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

First day of meteorological spring and very nice too!! A bit of cloud bubbled up this afternoon and the breeze increased, so the temp was pegged back to 22C here.

@hadleighwedding the forecasts do seem to be firming up on there being a few showers around in the morning, but drying up for the afternoon. Good luck for the wedding and have a great day!

Netweather forecast for Hadleigh Sat 02 June: 5930541142609_HadleighNWForecast23May.thumb.jpg.8097c100d2c8340b517e8d3733d2100b.jpg

Finally, a quick look at tomorrow and the storm potential is looking interesting. This evening's BBC/Met Office forecast at the end of the evening news showed a threat from 13.00 right through into the evening. The NMM high res model shows the SBCAPE & LI potential peaking at around 20.00.

Beeb/Met Office forecast 13.00 59305773ab8bb_Fri02Jun13_00.thumb.jpg.1d8af637040980bb12865c4417be7ea0.jpg 16.00 5930578d5b38e_Fri02Jun16_00.thumb.jpg.645a2fdf636d396bfadc530f96c215fd.jpg

NMM SBCAPE & LI 20.00 5930578fbd102_NMMCAPELIFri02Jun20_00.thumb.png.2c7d2fd06ad21bf79bfcae6a73e5b0ab.png

Posted

Psst Malcolm it's summer

b902962931cd520d0605b2aad2ac0f18.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
51 minutes ago, Dami said:

Psst Malcolm it's summer

b902962931cd520d0605b2aad2ac0f18.jpg

Cheers Dami - it's me age!! :doh:

• Like 2

Well t he first day of summer has been world class.. Was in gravesend today at the police training centre. It's huge! 

Weather was very very warm! Enjoyed it a lot! And the second day of summer looks to be stunning too could get too 27-28c tomorrow OI OI!! 

Also some storms for some tomorrow! 

• Like 2

Posted

It is really warm and humid here this morning, no breeze to speak of, even by the sea walking the dogs was very hot. Waiting to see if the rain makes it here later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Annoyingly cloudy here at the moment, should clear up soon before the front arrives tonight. 19C currently with light winds.

Posted

Humid and already up to 20C...Are things falling into place, for an evening humdinger?:yahoo:

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

Humid and already up to 20C...Are things falling into place, for an evening humdinger?:yahoo:

Not over my house, no. 

under my house yes, the sewer is blocked again. Roots in the sewer, not my cooking:D

Posted

Bowl of cornflakes for brekky sat in the back garden and already 20.5C - whoopee, summer's here!! :)

I'm hoping @Ed Stone is on the money and we see a few "evening humdingers". Pete - I see you've arranged with NMM that the biggest storm of the evening heads straight towards Beccles! :laugh:

20.00 593124ef0c553_NMMPrecipFri02Jun20_00.thumb.png.eba22d8f0dc0a00a8a2d4f8e965fbf79.png

• Like 1

Posted

The whole country covered in storms with a hole for Bedford would be closer to the mark *grumbles*

Posted

We are outside the warning area by a smidgen...but if I hadn't see a forecast, I've have thought storms were imminent...hot sun, cloud, instability, now darker cloud. Woo...

@Dami Maybe we should do a stormdance? Like a raindance I guess - anything to break the northern home counties storm shield.

Posted
1 minute ago, Team Squirrel said:

We are outside the warning area by a smidgen...but if I hadn't see a forecast, I've have thought storms were imminent...hot sun, cloud, instability, now darker cloud. Woo...

@Dami Maybe we should do a stormdance? Like a raindance I guess - anything to break the northern home counties storm shield.

I have my shoes on already:D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Very heavy rain shower just passed through here (Staines), torrential and has caused a bit of flooding. Brightening up now but still warm and humid.

Posted

Thunder and lightning just to my north here.

Screen Shot 06-02-17 at 01.41 PM 001.JPG

Edited by Nath
Added pic of lightning strikes last 5 imns