Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good spells of sunshine from the start up here, a fairly stiff south westerly breeze but it should be nice in Cambridge today. Already 19C here which is close to the predicted maximum for today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Over 18C please!

So it is nice and warm for the time of year, granted - but what's the point if all we get is grey sky and no sun to cheer everyone up!

It's just so depressing, I'd rather have some cold/crisp days as long as we got some sunshine tbh!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
2 hours ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Almost uninterrupted blue skies here, though breezy.

EDIT - stratus and stratocumulus now.  Not that gloomy, but rather disappointing after what we had earlier.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

There was some bright sunshine earlier on in the day but disappeared by late.  It is cloudy now and there is no sign of the promised mini heatwave.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

From a fantastic start to the day with plenty of sunshine, this afternoon has turned into a cloud fest. The temperature through the day reflecting the cloud cover, from a peak of 20.1C late morning, now down to 19.6C.

Monday continuing to look a treat for our Region, although maybe the stiff southerly breeze from the outer reaches of Ophelia will have the BBQ ash blowing around! But spare a thought for folk in Ireland - that's one nasty storm going to hit them.

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

Once the sun broke through around midday here it was a beautiful mid autumn afternoon, Tmax 18.2c.

Conditions currently are absolutely perfect for tonights Hastings Bonfire Parade and Firework display. 16.1c and dead calm.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

So according to winter weather predictions, it's going to be freezing cold in the NE of the USA with plenty of cold air streaming into the Atlantic and colliding with warm air further south, which will fire up the jet and ruin yet another UK winter. Thanks a lot, I blame Trump.

Posted

Stunning morning here under a cloudless sky. Currently 18.3C (midday). Not so for everyone though, with what looks like a bank of low cloud spoiling things further west in the Region.

59e347d5c523e_CloudSun15Oct09_55.thumb.jpg.66f299d1fb44ded44a6d7b97ab15fe3f.jpg

Did anyone else have condensation covered exterior windows first thing this morning? There was quite a lot of mist and fog overnight caused by the present warm air mass and high humidity (98% at 07.00). As this lifted and cleared with the rising sun my windows suddenly fogged up. :)

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Did anyone else have condensation covered exterior windows first thing this morning? There was quite a lot of mist and fog overnight caused by the present warm air mass and high humidity (98% at 07.00). As this lifted and cleared with the rising sun my windows suddenly fogged up. :)

Yes,  my windows were running wet first thing, thought it was because I’d left wet washing in basket to hang out this morning. Grass is still wet even now, which is a pain as I was going to give it the last cut for this year.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, Heavy snowfall, Thunder and lightning, Stormy weather

I had condensation last night on my kitchen windows but it has all gone now.  It has been a warm day with some sunshine.  I have looked at the local weather forecasts for South Ockendon from BBC, myweather2.com and wunderground.com weather which has 21°C (BBC), 23°C (myweather2.com) and 24°C (wunderground.com weather) and which one will get tomorrow's temperature right.

Posted
1 hour ago, Katrine Basso said:

I had condensation last night on my kitchen windows but it has all gone now.  It has been a warm day with some sunshine.  I have looked at the local weather forecasts for South Ockendon from BBC, myweather2.com and wunderground.com weather which has 21°C (BBC), 23°C (myweather2.com) and 24°C (wunderground.com weather) and which one will get tomorrow's temperature right.

Good question KB. What indeed will be the max temp tomorrow? The amount of cloud cover we end up with will play a big part. Interesting that the BBC/Met Office have trimmed back the temp on their graphics from the 24C shown yesterday to 22C today. In contrast, tonight's Arpege is still holding steady with a forecast of 23C. But tbh, we're lucky to be discussing the top temp and not how we'll keep the roof tiles on!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Good question KB. What indeed will be the max temp tomorrow? The amount of cloud cover we end up with will play a big part. Interesting that the BBC/Met Office have trimmed back the temp on their graphics from the 24C shown yesterday to 22C today. In contrast, tonight's Arpege is still holding steady with a forecast of 23C. But tbh, we're lucky to be discussing the top temp and not how we'll keep the roof tiles on!!

Personally i think it'll be windier than we think. Nothing like ireland or wedt uk though. Warm and breezy should cover it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!
19 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Gloomy here this morning, humid too. And what’s with the rain coming towards us, don’t remember that being forecast.

Hello Blazerblue.

Yes it is certainly not was forecast. We had a short sharp shower here at about seven o'clock which was enough to wet the ground.

It has just started to brighten up now and so hopefully we are in for a decent day.

Kind regards

Dave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
55 minutes ago, jayney69 said:

Obviously the focus is out west for the next few days or so, however I’ve seen some discussion that north Kent could have winds of 80mph on Saturday?

Yes indeed looks nasty for the end of the week . Looking at the Metoffice twitter I thought this post was very dismissive of them although Saturday looks the more likely day . I hope they are right and in all probability they probably are but this person asking the question might toddle off thinking nothing will happen towards next week , 

7C2EEACE-0BBF-49BA-9A14-64E5DED54032.png

Unbelievably the temperature has already reached 22c in wales according to the latest Beeb forecast we should see 24c :) 

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Just like they are not forecasting heavy rain for about half of the UK this morning.

Poor Short Range Forecast 20171016.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

My Met Office phone app definitely did not mention rain today. Therefore the 06:45 intense shower, followed by drizzle for half an hour or so, was a disappointing surprise.  There has been sun, for a while, but cloudy again and I can't see how we could attain 22 C today - although longing to be proved wrong! 

Currently:

17C grey cloud (possibly rain producing? especially as have just hung out the washing...)

Wind: SSE 13 Gusts to 23

Humidity: 86%

Pressure: 1014 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Very 'plumey' over here today: yellowy sky, very little wind. Temp has gone from 15 to 20C in two hours... 

• Like 2