Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

SE & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 23/04/2017 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Frustrating weekend comming up weather wise of the region. With the low to the east of us just close enough to feed showers into out area.  I'm up London all weekend for Open House, looks like will need an umbrella whilst queuing!

x6Wa5uZInd.gif

59bb93e589368_PPVG89(2).thumb.gif.b41bc0fbe3cf432570d194986caa1aff.gif

Posted
4 hours ago, Blessed Weather said:

Lovely sunny start after a chilly night with the temp IMBY getting down to 5.5C and I see the Met Office station at Wattisham Airbase a few miles up the road got down to 4.7C. Matt on the Beeb has just said there could well be a touch of grass frost for rural parts tonight.

Lots of showers yesterday afternoon and some wonderful skies at sunset as the showers melted away (unfortunately I didn't get a chance to photograph).

Today it looks like 'south is best' for our Region as an area of more organised showery rain heads down the North Sea to (particularly) affect Norfolk this afternoon.

Yes, down to 5 degrees C  on the South Coast last night, and a very red, autumn/winter sunrise this morning!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Some lively showers now developing and it's looking particularly wet in Norfolk! The BBC/Met Office forecast continues to suggest the possibility of a rumble or two this pm, although no sign of electrical activity yet:

Radar 14.25 59bbd7ce1aacb_RadarFri15Sep14_25.thumb.jpg.3e849f54578d335adf2b3a85a8451704.jpg Met Office for 16.00 59bbd7d820fb3_BBCMetOffFri15Augfor16_00.thumb.jpg.107359f8d067a9f81929878e3f0e9311.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Camping this weekend in a forest in Wellington Country Park, south of Reading. Lovely site, bit noisy though. Has rained 3 times since arrival late yesterday afternoon. 

Posted
19 hours ago, lassie23 said:

wonder when we will get our first snow fall, my guess is december 3rd

that's a very early date!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
20 hours ago, lassie23 said:

wonder when we will get our first snow fall, my guess is december 3rd

I reckon October 2nd. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

not long to wait:yahoo:

I think the last quarter of november for first snowfall in the se this winter. The mountins in scotland and cumbia have already started.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything unusual

Pic taken a couple of hours ago, looking north over the South Downs IMG_0511.thumb.JPG.3c4fc50a51d2e9acba1e6775af5bd209.JPG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
8 minutes ago, Blazerblue said:

Not yet, couple of heavy showers, with sunshine in between.

You spoke too soon; all yesterday's flash-flooding has now been replenished!

Posted
3 hours ago, Blazerblue said:

Quick hail shower mixed in with the rain now coming along. Really quite chilly here this morning :cold:

Is it April? :D 

Plenty of showers visible over East Anglia tracking S/SSE it looks. Currently in a dry gap I suspect it will not last for long a very showery, rather poor September uncanny really.

F2F14F36-392D-47E4-A2BA-5ECD698F59F7.thumb.png.d292760b786982bd96f5a144bc764978.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
29 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Is it April? :D 

Plenty of showers visible over East Anglia tracking S/SSE it looks. Currently in a dry gap I suspect it will not last for long a very showery, rather poor September uncanny really.

F2F14F36-392D-47E4-A2BA-5ECD698F59F7.thumb.png.d292760b786982bd96f5a144bc764978.png

Unfortunately, it's not January either!:cray:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.

The Hastings Seafood and Wine Festival becomes yet another victim in a list of recent events locally which have been spoiled by bad weather.

A shame because today got off to such a good start with blue skies all morning. :-(.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

So I've been in the process of moving home these past couple of weeks. Watching weather charts has been the last thing on my mind as you can imagine. 

Wet & cool sums up the past few days. Yet again it's pi**ing down and feels cold today. 

We have now 6 months of this to look forward to... oh the joy. Folks already dreaming of the first snows, here's mine: 

January 13th 2018 = wet snow that lasts 10 minutes. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Ed Stone said:

Unfortunately, it's not January either!:cray:

Well polar airstreams in recent years have been distinctly disappointing with near average temperatures - Arctic too warm? I think it’s currently near average so perhaps a better prelude for this winter. The first time I’ve noticed a chill this ‘season’ there is a windchill 14C the high today probably not far from single digits if you factor in the windchill.. :cold: 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Dodged the rain most of the day here but as we sat down half an hour ago to what we hoped would be a nice campfire, the stupid rain started and it's going for it now. What a hellhole the UK is sometimes.